Fav song by Metallica?

Fav song by Metallica?

Recently fell in love with this band, want to know some of the greatest songs/albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4nCy5CITc8
youtube.com/watch?v=S5TnPjOd_To
youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo
youtube.com/watch?v=c8qrwON1-zE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DX0BTEU6hOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE
youtu.be/lU-UI3_6HcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sanitarium

my favorite album by them is ride the lightning

disposable heroes and creeping death faves but every song on every album had a turn being temporary favorite for me.

That is true, this band is fucking amazing \m/

Orion.

Favorite album is master of puppets
Favorite song is one

Four Horsemen

metallica is amazing, but megadeth is so much better im sorry. dave mustaine completely blows kirk out of the water. also, anything except for enter sandman by them until st anger is top tier.

The Unforgiven I and II, I didn't like III that much. That, and Master of Puppets.

I've listened to One, and it is by far my favourite. Still listening to everyone's suggestions and honestly, I think I'm in love.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4nCy5CITc8

Metallica has better consistency in my opinion

For whom the bell tolls. The video of them playing it live to like 1 billion people and James is drinking a beer and Cliff rips the fuckin intro

youtube.com/watch?v=S5TnPjOd_To

megadeth is better

the thing that should not be

Are you 12?

I'm just kidding Metallica kicks ass. Black Album is my favorite work.

Damage, Inc.

I'm calling this thread resulting loads of bait and butthurt.

Personally and justice for all best album, toss up between blackened and dyers eve.

the black album is your favorite? not hating, just curious why

Fight fire with fire. Headphones, max volume. Good times brehs.

Now That We're Dead

Battery, Sanitarium, seek and destroy, for whom the bell tolls you really can't go wrong with most of their songs

Black Album is a good album but it was nowhere near as good as their previous albums.

There is nothing on the Black Album that can compare to youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo

Just passing on by, how's everyone doing today?

Off their newest album I really like atlas, rise! Sounds like maiden

If you're new to this, things you should know:

1. Kill Em' All is amazing, and the absolute essence of thrash metal

2. Ride the Lightning is great, every song is a 9/10 or 10/10 with the exceptions of Trapped Under Ice and Escape

3. Master of Puppets is 10/10s from start to finish, it is one of if not the definitive metal album for all time

4. The original bassist Cliff Burton died after master of puppets by being thrown from and then crushed after their crashing tour bus. Cliff was huge in his influence on metallica's instrumental composition. He was the only member of the band who listened to classical music and incorporated influences outside of rock/metal

5. Cliff was replaced by Jason Newstead, a fan and member of the band Flotsam and Jetsam. Jason is almost universally loved by metallica fans because he was always 110% energy and a really nice guy. Jason got a raw deal from the other 3 because they never dealt with Cliff's death properly (had to continue touring just a few weeks after he died) and they treated him really harshly for a long time

6. ...And Justice for All 10/10 songs are Blackened, Harvester of Sorrow, One, and Dyers Eve. The rest are 8/10s with highlights being The Shortest Straw and the title track. The bass was eliminated from the mix almost entirely by a drunk Lars and James for a number of reasons - ego in the guitar tracks, tribute to cliff, and just fucking with Jason

continued in 2nd post

Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, and and Justice for All are all god teir albums.

I stopped listening when Black album came out. I fucking hated that shit

Listen to the Live Shit: Binge & Purge albums from Seattle 1989 and Mexico City 1993.

creeping death

also there is literally nothing wrong with st anger

I don't understand how you can be so right and so wrong at the same time? Creeping Death is their best song. St. Anger is just meh....

considering everything, from song structure to lyrics i'd go with their best and perfect song, master of puppets

only to listen to i'd go with either phantom lord or call of ktulu

Orion
To live is to die
Jump in the fire
Creeping death
For whom the Bell tolls

Technically a live album, but I really like S&M, nothing like Metallica overpowering an entire orchestra.

s&m kicks ass

This is true, they treated Jason like fucking shit. Lars and James admitted to it and regret it but what was done was done.

youtube.com/watch?v=c8qrwON1-zE

Btw I fucking LOVE 80s Metallica. Don't let any shitlords tell you Metallica sucks or are posers. They were the fucking shit until they went a bit more commercial in the 90s.

Can't go wrong with all of the first four albums. Black album is worth a shot, but it's different and not for everyone. Newest album is pretty solid imo.
Fav songs are Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Sanitarium, One, And Justice for All, Blackened, Four Horsemen, To Live is to Die, Call of Ktulu, and especially . Spit out the Bone is prob the best from their newest album, give that one a go as well

7. The Black Album (Metallica) is their most commercially successful album. This album was their first with the successful producer Bob Rock and launched them into the mainstream. Up to this point they had virtually no radio friendly songs and that changed here. They went on a tour which lasted something like 4 years. During that tour James was injured badly being set on fire by stage pyrotechnics and blew his voice out badly, permanently deepening and limiting his vocal range. Highlights usually precede knowledge of the band- Enter Sandman, Sad But True, The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, and Wherever I May Roam are the most popular from this album.

8. Load/Reload are often noted to be great rock/hard rock albums, but not truly metal albums. They were the first albums where all songs were tuned down from standard E, either half a step to E flat or a full step down to D. Opinions differ on these tracks. If they had been released by a band which wasn't originally huge for thrash metal, it would have likely been one of the biggest successes of rock music. It was very commercially successful. Highlights for Load are Until it Sleeps, Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, Wasting My Hate, and Outlaw Torn. ReLoad highlights are Fuel, The Memory Remains, Carpe Diem Baby, and in my opinion Prince Charming though nobody seems to share that thought.

9. The band almost fell apart around 1999-2001 due to personal issues. James Hetfield's alcoholism was consuming his family life, there were riffs between him, Ulrich, Hammett, and Newstead. After a few directionless years for the band Newstead started moving off to help with side projects such as the band Voivod. With Metallica seemingly floundering, Newstead asked to move into greater involvement with Voivod, Hetfield gave him an ultimatum not to, Newstead said fuck this I'm leaving, and the band almost fell apart. James went to rehab, came back, and the band started to work through years of unaddressed personal issues.

dirty window, the unforgiven, both parts, enter sandman, oh god too many too list. The old druggy boozy metallica was the best. They went to shit once they cleaned up .

kill em all is a great first album
Lightning is the best!
Puppets is great
One is great, Justice for all is mostly great
Garage inc. is wonderful
S&M is magical if your into that sort of thing. i am :D
Binge and Purge is cool
Black album is pretty good
(then they stopped doing coke)
Load is... decent
reLoad is.... bleh
(then they stopped drinking... so much. Hetfield went to rehab)
st. anger is Lars banging a metal garbage can
Magnetic is sad
Hardwired is... i honestly can't be bothered.

Fuck I forgot Call of ktulu.
Yess Dave is better guitarist then Kirk but James is better singer/lyricist then Dave so wtv , just enjoy the two bands!

I do agree S&M is good!
I personally like no leaf Clover a lot!
But I don't like master because of the lame crowd singing .

Just an opinion

Welcome home Sanitarium from live shit binge and purge.

Forced Gender Reassignment by Cattle Decapitation
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DX0BTEU6hOQ

Whiplash. Modern Metallica shit their pants. listening to this.

They only right answer.

Cringe music incoming

One

10. St. Anger is exactly as bad as everyone says it is. It was made during this odd period in Metallica and the song content and production quality went out the window. During recording they added Rob Trujillo, formerly of Suicidal Tendencies and Ozzy, who is a very chilled out and talented bassist.

11. Death Magnetic was an intentional return to form, and the band moved away from Bob Rock as producer to Rick Ruben. The songs are much better and much more true to thrash metal than anything from the Black Album onward, but the production quality and sound is lacking largely due to peaking issues in the digital recording process. Highlights are That Was Just Your Life, End of the Line, Broken Beat and Scarred, All Nightmare Long, The Judas Kiss, and My Apocalypse, all of which could be considered 8/10 to 10/10.

12. Hardwired is new and I'll reserve judgment until it's been out a while and really gelled in my brain. Sure, it's been out almost a year but I don't like to snap judge music like this.

music for sexless autists.

i'm not a big metallica fan tbh, but i love this youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE

dont give me shit saying it’s “emo” bc it isnt, take a listen

lol those names... are you in middle school?

i didnt name the band lol at least it isnt suicide silence

there is literally nothing wrong with st anger and reload is dog shit except 3 songs

fuck metallica too

Fucking Cliff man. Damn he was great

1. Considered first thrash album. (Exodus is considered first thrash band though.)

2. Trapped Under Ice and Escape are also 9-10/10 unless you're a cochlear faggot.

3. THE definitive album

4. Ron McGovney is the original bassist. Cliff is on album though. Also is widely considered best or would-be-best bassist in metal if he hadn't been killed. Also had fucked up tendons in his pinky finger on his plucking hand so plays weird. Also like only metal bassist to pluck with fingers and not use a pick. Also GOAT.

5. *Newsted. Nickname Jasonic. Great player (see Flostsam and Jetsam - Metalshock (4:30)) He wrote like every song on FandJ's first and second album which are pretty great by thrash standards. Everything after sucks. But... Jason sucks at writing songs now (see band Newsted). Also cookie monster voice.

6. Fayed Ends of Sanity, 10/10. Bass eliminated mostly to spite jason. Alcohol involved but its alcoholica we're talking about here so this was practically sober decision.

Last note for my long ass intro to what Metallica is:

Dave Mustaine.

When Kill Em All was made, Dave had written a large portion of the riffs, and all of the solos. Hell, when he joined the band Hetfield wasn't even playing guitar full time. He was kicked out for personality/drug issues and held a grudge about it for a long time.

Metallica would not be what it is without Dave. They leaned heavily on his influence and material for the first two albums. It would also most likely not be what it is with Dave because he would have likely proved to be a destructive force for the band.

With Megadeth, Dave has had a revolving door of musicians with the exception (most of the time) of Dave Ellefson, the bassist. His early years were bogged down in heavy drug use which had a massive detrimental effect on his band's ability and success (spending most of their album budgets on heroin, members pawning instruments and gear for drug money, etc)

In spite of this, Dave and Megadeth have produced some of the greatest metal ever recorded. If you are new to metallica, I'll assume you're likely even newer to Megadeth. I would HIGHLY recommend you check out Peace Sells (first 4 songs especially), Rust In Peace, and Countdown to Extinction to get acquainted.

Rust In Peace is a 10/10 album. In my opinion it's the only metal album which is even greater than Master of Puppets. It's fucking amazing and flawless. Both bands are great and I recommend them highly.

Came here to post this

Motorbreath always had that young, dumb and full of cum charm to memetallica. James fighting with bad acne, lars not being able to reach the water fountain in high school and having a tiny penis, dave being pissed that he had to hang out with these losers and cliff just drowning in hippie chick pussy. Really captured that punk,nwobhm,hardrock collusion.

low man's lyric

>MADLY IN *PONG* ANGER WITH *PONG* YOU *PONG* *PONG* *PONG* I'M MADLY *PONG* IN ANGER *PONG* WITH YOU *PONG PONG PONG*
>Here comes the solo................................wait for it................wait for it..............................
>Diezel Amps instead of Mark IIC+ through JCM
>C TUNING

Yeah, you're absolutely right...

lol stfu
Neither band is the best band ever and Dave mustache can't even grow one. Eat a pussy not a qualude

Death Magnetic has a non shittily peaked/mastered version in the form of a rip from Rock Band

You should look it up
Basically the instrument tracks they sent to be used in Rock band weren't mastered yet so none of them were clipping
Someone ripped them and put them back together into the songs and put that on the internet

Changes the whole fucking thing completely

Delete that

Shoulda listened to dad

My top 3 songs: The Day That Never Comes, Ride the Lightning, Turn the Page (it's a cover of Bob Seger, but a damn good cover).

7. Concert was in toronto. Guns and Roses was on just before metallica and Axl McFaggot got pissed and ended their set early (faggots). Then pyro incident ended metallica set. Riot ensues (literally). James blew his voice out during the recording of the black album (in denmark??? i think). Either way, unrelated incident. Voice change is a result of taking vocal lessons to strengthen his voice.

8. originally slated to release at the same time as a double album. Kirk Hammett solos are wayyyy under rated on this album. Not nearly as technical but you can't find anything else like it in hard rock (or in his previous recordings). Thumbs up for prince charming.

9. "riffs" lol. Jason was involved with Voivod but i think the ultimatem was over the band Supernova (see reality tv show supernova). I could be mistaken though.

Fade to Black is their best song

I like the outro of that song more than anything else by metallica

dave had a full beard pretty recently tho

Inb4 buckethead has a cooler guitar and has a bucket on his head and is the greatest guitarist ever

This guy fucks. I can listen to One on repeat all day.

Kill yourself. niggah.

With or without those movie voice clips?

10. St. Anger is actually the most under rated album in metal. Just get over the no-snare drum. Bob Rock (producer) played all bass recordings for the album. Production quality is great compared to Death Magnetic. Rob was also in Infectious Grooves which is funkadelic bro.

11. Well summarized m8. The Day That Never Comes is basically a remake of One. Good but not very original.

12. Hardwired sounds like Death Magnetic. Follows the same trend as all the other big thrash bands in that it is well below the standards these bands once exceeded regularly.

You got a ton of hate for posting this, but I'm pretty sure every "real" metalhead can see that this band is objectively amazing.

Consistently going down hill since the black album sure. Load and Reload were OK but not nearly the same tier as anything pre black album. Megadeath has one album you can look up that is meh at best and that's Risk. Dystopia is a much better album than hardwired to self destruct and they came out the same year. Metallica is a solid band and can coast on their old catalog forever. They can pump out a shitty CD and their diehard fans will jerk off to it no matter what and pretend it sounds like Puppets.

fucking losing it

Fight Fire with Fire I have to say

Bass solo take one

Doo ba doo, doo doo dee doo doo dee doo doo dee doo doo dee

Guess I don't know how to work this Sup Forums machine. What a noob:

What am I looking at
Is this nigga getting electrocuted?

Its meme music. The skill is to introduce melody into it not just blastbeat your way into cacophonic oblivion and call yourself troo kvlt.

It's too hard for me to name a favorite but if you want a hidden gem check out Devil's Dance off of ReLoad. The S&M version is pretty good too

I personally love a lot of Metallica, but I will give you my personal top 5 favorites:
1. The Day That Never Comes
2. No Leaf Clover
3. One
4. Eye of the Beholder
5. Broken, Beat, and Scarred.

Overall, I just would highly recommend ..And Justice For All and Death Magnetic. As far as I'm aware they have no real bad albums though, but idk

Oh shit, I didn't realize you hit second puberty at 65

Battery
Creeping death

Battery

My favorite song OP is And Justice for all on the Justice album.

Nigga rode the lightning

Metallica is a band where majority of their songs are amazing. Similar to Lamb Of God or Chimaira.

Only Dave did coke. On the regular at least. I'm pretty sure that's why he was kicked out of the band in the first place. Also Dave is autistic.

I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

>Love is a 4 letter word!

It was Heroin.

youtu.be/lU-UI3_6HcM

Here's for the faggots that hated Stanger. Myself included.

This is seriously worth a listen.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

No it still sucks

>ctrl+f
>"No remorse"
>0 results

what are you uneducated niggers doing ITT

How about you listen to some decent music?