How is it so good? It's so much better than every other Beatles album it's not even funny

How is it so good? It's so much better than every other Beatles album it's not even funny

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Musfra/1966-album-release-timeline-turn-on/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ahem

At least you didn't post Sgt Peppers

they were still writing songs together
they still liked being in a band together
the drugs hadn't completely took over yet

Decent

Sgt. Pepper is overrated as hell. Revolver and MMT are both good

Objectively has more bangers

Help is such a boring album, how do you enjoy it?

White Album > Revolver

I used to listen to it all the time as a youngin due to the movie. Has special emotional significance for me.

Revolver>Sgt. Pepper=MMT>White>Abbey Road>Let It Be

Huh, the way I have it, they slowly went downhill after Revolver.

I want to tell you
My head is filled with things to say
When you're here
All those words, they seem to slip away

When I get near you
The games begin to drag me down
It's alright
I'll make you maybe next time around

But if I seem to act unkind
It's only me, it's not my mind
That is confusing things

I want to tell you
I feel hung up but I don't know why
I don't mind
I could wait forever, I've got time

Sometimes I wish I knew you well,
Then I could speak my mind and tell you
Maybe you'd understand

I want to tell you
I feel hung up but I don't know why
I don't mind
I could wait forever, I've got time

Love this track to death.

MMT and Revolver are both superior to Sgt Pepper's in my opinion

You realize John was the only one with a drug problem before they broke up right?

>DUDE A DAY IN THE LIFE LMAO

dogshit opinion

I whole heartedly feel like every song on it is an absolute banger. Doesn't really have a good theme or anything (pre-album shit) but I really enjoy listening to it because each song is so entertaining.

Most songs on Revolver is about drugs, tho

listen to other albums from the same time and you'll get a good sense of how good it really is.
rateyourmusic.com/list/Musfra/1966-album-release-timeline-turn-on/

Love Revolver to death, but it's crazy how overrated it is on this board

yes, but there's an argument that their love affair with acid negatively impacted their music after a while

Switch White and Abbey Road and I'll wholeheartedly agree with you my dude

Abbey Road > Revolver > White Album > Sgt. Peppers > MMT > Let it Be

After that the order doesn't really matter imo

Too many farty McCartney tracks on Revolver for my liking...plus you got Harrison stinking it up with his sandnigger songs. Oh and Yellow Submarine sucks dick too.

I like Rubber Soul.

Revolver,Blonde on Blonde, Pet Sounds, and Freak Out! are all roughly on the same level imo.

No, MMT is better than white album

Not really.

>disliking the best members of the band

Revolver > Pet Sounds > Blonde =====================================> Freak Out!

Yeah really imo

>revolver and pet sounds are on the same level
Pet Sounds is better than anything The Beatles ever did...fuck you.

The order in which I'd rank them is similar to yours but I wouldn't put Freak Out! far behind the other 3, though I would probably consider it 4th

The Last 5 Beatles albums are better then anything the beach boys or brian wilson ever did

Sunshine Superman is up there too

>Let It Bland better than Pet Sounds

You're correct

Makes sense

wtf I've never heard of that now I have a new thing to listen to

people only say MMT was GOAT because it has two singles made during the Sgt. Pepper sessions on it (Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane).

now imagine if Revolver had two singles from its sessions on the tracklist: Rain and Paperback Writer. I cannot conceive of a more perfect album.

why the fuck did they include Doctor Faggot on the track listing but not Rain?

true. Revolver can't be perfect because Doctor Robert. But Revolver is the only Beatles album that has just 1 "Doctor Robert" instead of 2-4, so it's the best Beatles album.

although now that I thinka bout it, the white album is a double album with only 2 Doctor Roberts, so proportionally it has equal filler to Revolver. So one of those 2 is the best Beatles album

ok nvm looking at the Rubber Soul tracklist I just rememberd how good that album is. damn I forgot how good the beatles are

Replace Doctor Robert and And Your Bird Can Sing with Rain and Paperback Writer.

Perfect album.

I can. Rubber Soul+Revolver+appropriate singles. Double album.

Also Doctor Robert is a pretty good song, personally. Don't really get the hatred for it.

damn you're right

Really? Freak Out! is so avant-garde, it blew my fucking mind that it even existed in 1966.

>Rubber Soul + Revolver + Day Tripper/We Can Work it Out + Paperback Writer/Rain
Holy shit...

it's just rock music made by someone who's way more educated in music and had a much more diverse instrumental skillset than the other acts at the time. the music itself isn't particularly groundbreaking. it is a great album though, I agree.

being avant-garde doesn't really make something better or worse anyway

And your bird can sing is the best song on the album behind tomorrow never knows

switch Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper

Why do you guys hate Doctor Robert so much? It just feels like an average song and you act like it's the worst thing ever recorded.

it's an average song in the middle of Revolver

Either "I Want To Tell You" or "Here, There, and Everywhere" is the best song on the album.

It's an average song on an album featuring some of the best songs ever made.

I know. I guess there are different factors to consider, like cultural impact and how enjoyable they are as songs. I'd agree that if you want to listen to enjoyable songs, Freak Out is not the best. It is, however, the most interesting, in my opinion.

It sounds really dumb if you're not paying close atention. Almost atonal, with an internal rhyme scheme that's easy to miss, lyrics that don't border on psychedelia enough, switch in tempo halfway through.

I think it's almost as good as the other 3 big '66 albums I mentioned and that the songs are very enjoyable, just that the fact that they are pretty avant-garde isn't exactly what makes them good.

but I also agree that the cutting edge factor it has is very interesting

replace Good Day Sunshine with Rain and Doctor Robert with Paperback Writer

add We Can Work It Out and Day Tripper

also MMT had way more god tier songs than penny lane and strawberry filds... blue jay way, flying, title track

fool on the hill

I'm just impressed that it's avant-garde in 1966. I tend to have a preoccupation with years, whenever I hear an album I like to marvel at when it was released and think "wow, that's really different for the time!"

meant 'fields' of course

absolutely

Good day sunshine rules too

I vote to kick yellow submarine along with Dr Robert

I love yellow submarine but it's probably replaceable, I just don't like good day sunshine

it's not unbearable it's just uninteresting in comparison to amazing songs like she said she said, tomorrow never knows, taxman, i want to tell you

In my opinion revolver is their peak musically, but their peak from a writing standpoint is the white album. Revolver is a one of a kind, the beatles at their most groundbreaking, relevant, and experimental. The album helped popularize a genre in its infancy, psychedelic inluenced rock and pop music. were they the first? no not at all, but the biggest band on the face of the earth popularizing acidy guitar tones, speed manipulations, and tape loops was a huge step forward. Pepper is fine, the white album is great, but Revolver is just so powerful and forward looking. I agree with what this user said hereThis was their last "band" effort. Sgt pepper was entirely paul influenced and george harrison was barely there because to him, recording another beatles album was a "chore". 66 was a monster year for tunes

Yeah, i think revolver is what cemented them really as sonically progressive. It's weird how Avant-Garde elements seeped their way into rock music and popular culture in this time, bands from the mothers to the beatles were experimenting with avant garde at different levels. The avant-garde techniques used from a production standpoint on revolver are really the most revolutionary aspect of this album, it gave lots of other bands freedom and an excuse to be more experimental in the studio. If the beatles did it why cant we ya know?

>listening to beatles in stereo
lol cuck

It's the peak of the Beatles actually experimenting and innovating. Subsequent albums are good, but I feel like they're much more formulaic and "safe".

Rubber Soul is the only Beatles album better than Revolver.

DITL is hot garbage

Its a great song and the only good one on the entire album

Who /abbeyroad/ here?

Long and Winding Road is better than ANYTHING The Beach Boys have put out

>Rubber Soul below Let it Be

That album cover looks like it was drawn by a fifteen year old girl in her notebook.

Listening now, it's not that great.
Taxman was a mistake.

HEY! you've got to hide your love away

>Revolver is as good as Pet Sounds

The best songs on Beatles For Sale & Help! should've been condensed into a single album. I think there's enough "sonic continuity" for it to work, and the result would essentially be a proto-Rubber Soul.

There's no way Doctor Robert is worse than Taxman or Love You To.

worst opinions yet

TAXMAAAN!!

Love You To is amazing.

Yeah, Abbey Road is GOAT.

Love You To is lower than shit.

No love for Got to Get You Into My Life, you dumbass motherfuckers?

That is one hell of a spicy opinion you've got there, friend.

It's a fact.

Unironically die in a fire

I don't actually think Zappa is anywhere near the songwriter the others are, at least not at that point - definitely avant-garde but in ways I find undesirable honestly

Two terrible opinions

>nobody shitting on love to you
Keep the poo in the loo where it fucking belongs, Jesus Christ

>Disliking Paul McCharmly and George
Reconsider your music taste

Pet Sounds is great, but you are fucking wrong, even Sgt Pepper is better than it, just listen to She's Leaving Home.

Paul McCartney wrote all of the gay songs

Zappa & the Mothers' quirky style of avant-garde brought in the likes of the Residents, Devo, They Might Be Giants, and Ween.

sup

Eleanor Rigby is their best song desu

Help, I Need You, Lose That Girl, and Ticket to Ride are some of the best Beatles songs, at least early Beatles era. Dizzy Miss Lizzy bangs too, so take your shit opinion to the curb.

Yeah exactly my point