Is it embarassing to own a dakimakura waifu pillow?

Is it embarassing to own a dakimakura waifu pillow?
I'm seriously considering to get one.
How do I explain to my family that I spent 200 bucks on that?
They'll think I'm a creep or some shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/htCod3TelXo
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, you will competely freak out normies.
Not saying it is fair, but be warned it's looked st as extremely weird

It's just a pillow, your family doesn't have to know how much it really costs, and probably wouldn't assume it's 200$. Buy an extra solid black pillow case for it during the day, then just remove it at night if you want to keep it hidden.

They creep people out, but they're comfy as fuck.

Because normies dont fuck pillows or jack it to cartoons.
It's not embarrassing, YOU'RE embarrassing

What if I'm confident about it and not afraid to make fun of it and myself because I know how ridiculous it can look?

I don't own any anime merch and I look like a normal guy.
Why would a waifu be too much?

Do it for her

Your father will cringe when his friends ask how you're doing

Well, they'll only think you're a creep because you are a creep.

>and probably wouldn't assume it's 200$
Yeah, but it will probably cost 300 or more with good materials
>Buy an extra solid black pillow case for it during the day
That's bot the point, I want it to stay on my bed in it's full glory.
I want people to see it, but I'm a bit insecure about it, though.

It's actually beneficial that you voluntarily remover yourself from the gene pool.
I'm not suggesting suicide, just remove your balls please

>200 bucks
nigga if you're paying more then 20 its a rip off
the only one thats worth that much is the fucking snake waifu

For waifu?
Lol, I don't think so.
A creep, really?
I don't want to fuck it or something.
I like to hug blankets when I go to sleep, it's just comfy.
Hugging a cute waifu would be even better.

I don't do that.
It's just a comfy pillow, you faggot.
It doesn't mean shit.
Yeah, but only japs make high quality ones + taxes and shit.

Hugging a cute gf would be even better, why don't you go do that?

You already know your answer.

I will do that, but waifu is an object that's always there.
You can't just lock your gf in your room or use her as decoration.

Then adopt a pet. Not only is a pet not weird to cuddle with, but chicks like dudes with pets.

I already have pets.
I want a waifu so I can cuddle with her while I fall asleep or take a nap.

You are free but please don't fuck it.
You will be creepy

Nah, it's completely normal. In fact I bought 5 for 1000 dollars limited edition tsugumi double sided Dali

Pic related

Don't be embarrassed. The last one I bought was of Mari Makinami (my second Mari dakimakura) at an anime shop in my favorite mall, and I walked around the rest of the mall and went to the food court with it. The 9/10 QT who took my order at the Chik-Fil-A in the food court commented on it by asking if I was really into anime. Alas, she was not.
>Protip:
Don't spend such huge amounts on Dakimakura. Most official dakimakura are quickly bootlegged by people in China, and the quality can be really good. And remember it's a pillow, so, paying that much for something that will potentially get dirty, soak up body oil from being touched and rested on, et cetera...$200 becomes _really_ expensive.
>Bonus story:
A few years ago I was able to hack image URLs for Cospa's page that was still up for their dakimakura of Fatina from Tower of Druaga, the nice one where she's being grabbed by the green roper tentacles from the tentacle rape parody scene, and get their FULL resolution (4000px) PNG images used on both sides. That actual dakimakura had been longgg sold out (like Cospa's dakimakura always are) and none fo the Chinese/HK bootleggers had it, and I was able to send the images to one of them and they made it for me. Looks fucking perfect.

Nice story man.

You joking right?

I won't, probably.
Post more pics.
Nice.
Anyway, how do I find good quality bootlegs?
Are there any good websites with them?
How good can they really be?

>You joking right?
Which part? Bootleg quality? Or me fucking around with image URLs on Cospa's site until I found the ones that gave me full resolution source?
Or me standing at the Chik-Fil-A counter in the food court with my Mari pillow, based?

Okay

Honestly try eBay to start, and read through the seller feedbacks. If they're doing poopy low res printing, people will have pointed it out (filter by negative feedbacks, and neutral feedbacks).
Also Google um..."HobbyHeart" I think it is. I've bought from them, and they looked nice.
I mean, I'm not saying don't spend $200 on genuine if that's what you want. Bootleggers definitely _hurt_ the anime merch industry..and having a genuine can be really nice. Just, you know, take care of it. Maybe shower before sleeping with it each night.

Standing around with Daki at the mall, you don't have the Post your Daki

Just say u dindunuffin, n ur daddy was never der to tell u it was wrong.

its a drawing. you're asking if it's cringy to "cuddle" with a drawing on a pillowcase?

yes. in fact, it's insane. you have a mental disorder. fortunately for you, its been popularized.

if you want it, get it. but you're still a fucking loser for doing it.

It's 6am, user. ~_~ I'm tired, I feel like shit, I'm not taking a picture for you. It's a cheap $40 bootleg dakimakura (it's not even official art, it's fan art of Mari, I just liked it).

What about other dakis?
Yeah, I do want genuine.
I'll just get 1 waifu, might as well be the best it can be.
youtu.be/htCod3TelXo

>the gun

Uhu! Uhu! Found the edgelord!

Lol, what a faggot.

You're still a loser for judging people and deep down hating yourself for being a scared little boy.

>What about other dakis?
It's of the same babe but 5 of them licensees and it was a total of 1000 dollars

And I've walked around the public

The gun is for protection cuz I'm a girl

>Yeah, I do want genuine. I'll just get 1 waifu, might as well be the best it can be.
That's cool. I support this. Just remember to take good care of it.
Also, please don't be a dumbass and rip it when putting the pillow inside. There are guides on YouTube.

Not OP, but the guy talking about bootlegs.
Have you been able to keep all five of them clean, with no damage or discoloration or anything?

Fucking loser

Yes but I nearly ruined one because I was eating hot cheetos

And I've only opened one for about a y3ar and the rest are in the boxes

t. scared of the truth
from where did you get that i was scared? lmfao. the only scared faggot here is OP, worried his dad will beat his ass when he realizes he raised a "man" that wants to pretend a body pillow is a real woman from a fucking anime.

OP, if you want a body pillow, just get a fucking body pillow. you already said you dont care if people see it, in fact you WANT them to, so just fucking get it. just know the reason that you're embarrassed by it is because it definitely is fucking abnormal.

No no no! Don't do that!
Do you ever wash them?

it is embarrassing when you fuck any pillows in public user
inside your house is OK, i guess.

I will be totally honest, no hyperbole.
Short answer, yes it is embarrassing and no it has nothing to do with anime itself, I will explain myself.
First of all I am an anime fan and I masturbate to hentai/cartoons, just so you understand me better.
But a to own dakimakura is pathetic, laughable, cringey and mostly sad.
It is a declaration of loneliness and a giving into it implicitly.
I get lonely, I get wanting a cuddle buddy. But to waifufag a cartoon and by extension a pillow is borderline insanity.
Cartoons are not real!
They are not people!
They cannot love you!
Any feelings you have are artificial constructs!
Live in reality, even if it is harsh.
Accept your singularity.
If it does not please you, work on it.

Yes but with light soaps because I don't want the colors to fade

Oh cool.
I'd really like to buy a top quality, genuine Rei Ayanami one. All mine are bootlegs.

>you already said you dont care if people see it, in fact you WANT them to
Yeah, I just wanted to start a body pillow thread and hear people's experiences.

So like, special gentle fabric detergent? And do you machine wash gentle or by hand?

>Cartoons are not real!
>They are not people!
>They cannot love you!
>Any feelings you have are artificial constructs!
Waifu is forever and so is her love! Fuck you!

Dude, it's not that serious.

This is me(pic relared) and these are my body pillow

See, borderline insanity.

Yes and do not use a washer, do it by hand and IF you have a washer that is gentle you can use it but i wouldn't recommend doing that to your waifu

Are you a man or a lesbian?

Lesbian

Being confident will freak them out even more because they expect you to have some shame, they'll think you're a sociopath

Me again (bootleg guy). Everyone should also check out the waifu shirt hangers that have the head and shoulders of the character color printed on plastic that is then cut to shape. I have them of both Rei Ayanami and Asuka and they're sooo nice to come home to, in your open closet with your shirts on them, smiling at you.

Man I hope not, but lines are fine.
I'll just say I know a guy, who went down a slope.

Thanks for the protips, user!

And you love your waifu?
No, I doubt it.
It would juat be extreme confidence and chicks would love it.
It would be ridiculous to walk around and pick up girls with your waifu.
Absoulutely ridiculous.
Bow did he go down a slope?

*can totally see girls going into swimming pools with dakimakura of the guys from Free!*

>extreme confidence
yeah no, no it wouldnt. it's cringy and pathetic.

You're welcome

Yes I do X3

Do you have something against lesbians or something?

I'll put it to you this way, if you were to "hero" you wouldn't have to leave a note, the pillow would be enough

Kyubei is best lesbian waifu!

She's cute, what anime.

Lesbian user here, these are my other waifu but the Daki one is my number 1

Official and doujin dakimakura sell for 11,000-14,000 jpy ($100-$135 usd) brand new. The only dakimakura covers that reach $300 are highly desireable out-of-print covers that command that price increase because of demand in the second-hand market (99.9% unopened obviously)
...or they can be $300 if you use an English-focused company that orders on demand, but has automatic 100% markups because they save retards the hassle of navigating Japanese websites

I have over 20 dakis, all real (not bootlegs)

She's a regular character in Gintama, which is a genuinely awesome anime. Her character is pretty awesome, and she get's some episodes devoted almost entirely to her from time to time. Usually she's not dressed like that, though.

This is a fucking cringe thread. It makes me sad thinking of all the social opportunities you overweight manlets probably wasted by rotting away in your moms basements playing video games and rubbing your micro-dicks to cringey Chinese cartoons.

This too.
Ordering from someone like OtakuMode or J-List will really up the price. On the other hand, I've been seeing more & more bootlegs pop up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.
Never looked for them on Rakuten, though. Rakuten is fucking awesome.

Damn And to think that I avoided that show for hilarious reasons

Is bottom right Kill La Kill?

But I'm a girl

Yes

Actually body pillows can be really beneficial for people with back pain and just for improving your sleeping posture all round. theyre healthy and juat because i choose to put a cover on that features a character I like does nothing to alter that fact.

>I've been seeing more & more bootlegs pop up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.
I see those now too. Gotta be wary of the sellers with few transactions and/or a page with dozens of dakis supposedly from different groups that all look printed on the same cover material
"Starting from 1円 NO RESERVE" no thank you

Well, this person has never had a job, he is 29, I have known him since he and I were 13.
He obsesses over anime and Japan.
I never saw one picture of a real woman in his room or on his PC.
He literally spent days on end watching anime.
It all began with the starter pack of anime, the dbz, naruto, yugioh, ect.
It was the coolest shit ever to us, being young as it were.
We get older, about 16 now.
He will literally never go anywhere with me anymore, always videogames and anime.
He bought a faux katana, prattled about how cool it is.
He gets unsubbed random anime DVDs from store sale bins.
You know the stereotype everyone sees when you say neckbeard?
That's him and fuck it hurts me.
He is bright as a star, but uses it for nothing and does nothing but anime and game.
I call him peter pan in my head, he never grew up, reality is to painful for him.
So he hides.

I don't know if they will freak you out, OP as I don't live with my family. Though, I'm looking to buy a body pillow and why not it be what you like?!

No you're not, you're just a cringey man baby who is reposting old pics I've seen a hundred times. Why don't you whine and scream so mommy can come down to the basement with a nice, warm plate of chicken tendies for her precious little son?

I own the pillow, no anime cases. They're comfortable as hell.

That too, I love the silk because they get cold and it helps me sleep better.

That's sad user :'(

Buy a tomboy daki they will love you forever

I'm an actual girl who can get pregnant

Really should check it out. It really is a great anime. It'll slow down at points but it's worth it. It's one of those few that can transition from absolute comedy straight to total seriousness without error.
Regular Kyubei.

May Bee. I have a thing for tombois, so...

>chicks will love it
No, there is no situation in which chicks will love a guy with a body pillow. That's why the guy has a body pillow.

Dubs of kek and truth.

WHY THE FUCK EVEN BUYING A BODYPILLOW WHEN TECHNOLOGY IS REACHING IT'S PINNACLE?

youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

I know you can't still fuck her/him,but at least you will feel loved (in a wierd way..)

can l piss in your pillow pls?

who needs females anymore, right? Boss user there.

Mtf?

No,

It's honestly funny how even the advertising for this can't hide how sad it is.

I'd actually buy this if there was an English mode for it (NOT an Americanized form of the entire thing though).

Why not have both? Females are obsolete!

Because they're trying to connect with the deep feelings/troubles of their target customer base.

>You know..somebody's home for me..feels great

The feels train have arrived bois. Hope on it to an endless ride towards shared tears

Yeah but usually with these kinds of things, they market it as a thing that normal people use to enhance their lives. With this thing, they're specifically marketing it towards lonely people with no friends or social lives. It's just so offputting to me.

Some of us are like that. I've been told I look good, but only he will be what I really want.

Bump