Hey B/ros, need help from a musician fag over here...

Hey B/ros, need help from a musician fag over here. I recently changed my strings and for some reason the strings are a little bit high. What can I do to put them in a normal level? PD: It has happened before so I had someone to calibrate them but I moved recently so I can't go with the same guy. It's a Yamaha TRBX

Other urls found in this thread:

premierguitar.com/articles/DIY_How_to_Set_Up_a_Bass_Guitar
youtube.com/watch?v=0R6W0Jp6k1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just calibrate it yourself m8 its not that fucking hard bro

i always calibrate my guitars. shit u actually payd a guy to do that shit for you? fucking nerd lmao
I recently calibrated my 7 string, fucking learn go fucking search it on yt or smth

The saddles on the bridge screw forward and backwards, adjust accordingly until you get the desired action

I.e. towards the neck to lower the action

False. Those screws are to adjust the intonation.

The screws to adjust the action are located on the saddles themselves. Usually adjusted by an Allen wrench.

guitar fag here, by high i assume you mean off the fret board, there are two basic things you can do that will most likely take care of it,

you will need allen wrenches, get the right size(depends on instrument) if you dont have the size wait till you get it, you will fuck it up.

1) adjust the truss rod, thats either found just behind the nut or on the bridge side of the neck,

2) you can adjust the string saddles, you will need smaller allens for this, dont do it unless you have already set the truss rod

youtube can demonstrate both of these procedures in detail.

i think you faggots mean "tune"..........no one in english speaking 'murica says "calibrate". TUNE ......you fucking tea sipping, crumpet eating, fish and chips up the ass faggots

very much this

ackshully in murica we call it a set up, tuning is simply tuning strings to the right note

no one asked for your gay opinion faggot.....suck a wet bag of dicks

I actually have search it up on youtube but couldn't find a lot of videos about it

not an opinion, get a hobby

And the neck seemed a little high, should I calibrate it or do something else?

like your anal pounding from daddy on on his "special drinking nights" hobby......no thanks cum guzzler

8=====D
here
you're not you when you're hungry

one sec i have it all bookmarked..

here........suck a cock. youre not you when you dont have a cock in your mouth

i assume you are bass from the pic, but the principle is the same
premierguitar.com/articles/DIY_How_to_Set_Up_a_Bass_Guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=0R6W0Jp6k1g

remember truss rod first then saddles if needed, im guessing you put on a heavier gauge string and thats why it went out of wack, not a big deal, but in the future with mainly bass change one string at a time to keep proper tension on the neck

if neck is bowed, tighten truss rod.

if not lower saddles.

could be both fuck with it and see what feels right

>could be both fuck with it and see what feels right
id also recommend this, every musician has their ideal personal setup. as long as you dont strip the allen slots you wont cause any damage

Actually I did, put a 105. And I have done the same steps over and over again while changing the strings but this time they went high. Thanks bro, not wasting another 10 bucks again haha

are you jealous becuase you dont play an instrument? its a challenge but rewarding, never too late to start user!

post some better pictures dude. also sounds like your saddles might be high or your strings are higher on your posts than your nut cause you placed them wrong.

no worries, a little trial and error can save you tons of money on instrument maintenance

sucking dick is not "playing an instrument" faggot........stop calling yourself a musician

No way I place them wrong, I'm not a retard andI been playing bass for 3-4 years

probably just need the truss rod adjustment to compensate for the extra tension of heavier strings, that little hole between the neck and neck pickup is the slot

well good luck to you in all your dick sucking ventures user, i dont judge

Are the new strings a different gauge than what you were playing before?

When you go up to a thicker gauge, you need to adjust the tension on the truss rod to compensate for the higher tension of the thicker strings. The neck will bow a little, causing the action to be higher at the middle of the neck.

you can adjust the screws on the saddles to move the strings up and down, and you'll need to tighten the truss rod to get the neck to straighten out a little.

you need to adjust the tension of the truss rod so that it has a very slight inward bow, then adjust the saddles so that string sits just a little higher at the 12th fret than it does at the 5th fret.

that's a bit of a personal choice, since I play with pretty low action. if your action is too low, your strings will buzz and you might get dead spots in the high frets, especially on a cheap bass.

if your action is too high it's really uncomfortable to play and will mess up the intonation.

watch some youtube vids on how to set up your bass.

Should I take off the strings or with the strings on?

you can probably fit an allen key into the hole without removing the strings, tho you may need to loosen the middle two strings a little so you can turn the key.

tighten the bolt until the neck straightens out ... when you look down the side of the neck, the frets should make an _almost_ straight line. you don't want it to be too straight or you'll get buzzing and dead spots.

strings on in tune, as a general guide, i personally get a quarter(old school guitar tech trick) and put it under the 12th fret 4th string(on bass) ;you want it close enough to hold the string but not so close that it warps the string around the quarter

then tune up after the adjustment

make small adjustments, quarter turns with the wrench till it gets where you want to be