Be me

>be me
>be neet
>somehow I get a job at a local shop
>things go well at the beginning, but as time passes, my inexperience is starting to get noticed by everyone
>every single day I do things wrong, slow or I screw something up
>my boss and my partners are always like "it's ok, we now you're learning"
>feel like shit because I slow down them because they have to help me
>today I get the courage to quit in order to let some better take my job
>feel like crap because I'm a useless piece of shit and I let down everyone that trusted me

Did I do the right thing? I just didn't want to make the others uncomfortable anymore

If they say its ok, its ok.

also, congratulations Shinji

You are a fucking idiot. I was like you too but i learned never to give up no matter what and dont give a fuck about anything.

Yes, I know that they really meant it. But I felt I wasn't learning, so in the long run all the time they spent teaching me things would be in vain. I thought they deserved someone more capable.

I admire you. But I can't think like that when I might bother my colleagues.

Unfortunately OP the reality of life is learning to accept that everyone is a fucking idiot in the eyes everyone else. We all grow up different environments with different standards on how things should be done. Just because your boss is telling you do (X) a certain way doesn't mean by any margin that it is the absolute best most correct efficient way to do things. People who expect you to align perfectly with your new corporate environment are equally moronic.

tl;dr Nobody really knows jack shit about fuck all. Just try to enjoy the ride.

But that's what you're supposed to do when you work somewhere...

>Being a useless fag.
>Not keeping your job forever just making everyone else life miserable because you are terrible at your job.

It's true you never go out.

That's the point?

>my boss and my partners are always like "it's ok, we now you're learning"
>feel like shit because I slow down them because they have to help me
>today I get the courage to quit in order to let some better take my job

OP thinks everybody was mad at him because he wasn't doing his job perfectly instantly and quit because he felt shame for it. He wouldn't have given up if he understood what he was experiencing was part of the process. If he was continually fucking up for 6 months + then ya he should find another line of work.

His line "it's ok, we now you're learning" implies he wasn't there for very long.

If youre beating yourself up even though your bosses say its okay, Youre a faggot.

If you think "you should let someone better get the job" youre a cuck.

no one really cares how slow you are

they will adjust their expectations

they have their own shit to worry about

>today I get the courage to quit
You mean, you gave up like you always do.

Quitting isn't courage, Shinji.

Now GET IN THE DAMN ROBOT.

No, I wasn't there for very long. But it was implied that I should've learned many more things by that time. They told me that they were aware of that, but kept me there because they saw that I was a good person that can be trusted. That I was very humble. I quit because apart from learning really slow, I got physically tired very fast. In a month from now (when I'll have to work all day) the routine would eventually make me screw things really bad.

>no one really cares how slow you are
>they will adjust their expectations

Sums up my life, being schizophrenic

Then bust your ass until you're not incompetent.
What exactly was this job?

They told me that I should be faster and better in what I'm supposed to do. That was two weeks ago. I haven't improved.

Yes, you're right

I had to do many things. My main job was being in the shop and selling the products (which involves knowing what each product does, their prices, their quality, etc). Then I had to receive the boxes in which the products come (which are really heavy for my standars) and put them in the storage room. Also arranging the products in their places, cleaning the store, etc. Everything you do in a normal shop.

I have to tell that lots of people go there, so you can't be slow of make mistakes. Time is money

This,

Either get in the robot or don't regardless some (other than your fuckup self) is going to get hurt.

It's not like customers will leave because you were slower than other employees.
Most customers probably wouldn't even notice that shit.
You have a problem, dude.
Get some professional help and see a therapist.
Also, in the future, when you're faced with your own incompetence, don't quit.
Use that as fuel to make yourself better.

You found excuse for the easy way out, you never intended to improve yourself in the first place, be honest with you next time and things will go better

>It's not like customers will leave because you were slower than other employees.
>Most customers probably wouldn't even notice that shit.
Well, acording to the person training me yes, they'll leave or won't come back.

>Also, in the future, when you're faced with your own incompetence, don't quit.
Use that as fuel to make yourself better.
That's a really good advice. I'll take it into account next time I'm in a similar situation.

>You found excuse for the easy way out, you never intended to improve yourself in the first place, be honest with you next time and things will go better
You're not totally wrong. But I tried. The job was really exhausting but I did it.

>They told me that I should be faster and better in what I'm supposed to do. That was two weeks ago. I haven't improved.
You think it would've happened in 2 weeks? Nigga, people take years to learn and master certain skills. Sometimes decades. If you gave up after 2 weeks, you really deserve the misery that you're in.

I've been hearing my whole life that things need to be done 'better and faster' -- at every stage of my career. You need to accept that that critique is always going to be there, no matter where you are or what you do.

Think about any time you've had a customer service experience.
I'm 100% sure that you've experienced infuriating wait times.
Did that make you leave and never come back?
Probably not.
Your boss said it was fine, so it probably wasn't a big deal.
You could even explain to the customer that you're new there.

>You think it would've happened in 2 weeks? Nigga, people take years to learn and master certain skills. Sometimes decades. If you gave up after 2 weeks, you really deserve the misery that you're in.
They told me that I should have improved by now. Several times

>I've been hearing my whole life that things need to be done 'better and faster' -- at every stage of my career. You need to accept that that critique is always going to be there, no matter where you are or what you do.
Maybe you're right. Maybe I was too sensitive. I just didn0t now it was like that.

At the end of the day you can make a list of excuses for any situation you perceive as difficult.

>No, I wasn't there for very long.

Great keep trying it's literally all you can do. You shouldn't forfeit a stable income for anything other than perusing personal prospects and ambitions.

>But it was implied that I should've learned many more things by that time. They told me that they were aware of that, but kept me there because they saw that I was a good person that can be trusted.

There's more to a job than being perfect at your job and your boss is aware of this fact. Not being a asshole cunt who is humble and doesn't cause drama in any work place is always a good thing.

>I have to tell that lots of people go there, so you can't be slow of make mistakes. Time is money.

Who's money your boss? You are doing your boss a service in exchange for money. If your boss thinks you are not fit for the job trust me they will let you know / fire you. Don't make that choice for them, this is obviously not in your best interest ever and I would kill this mentality right now.

>quit because apart from learning really slow I got physically tired very fast. In a month from now (when I'll have to work all day) the routine would eventually make me screw things really bad.

This is only a valid excuse if you are truly being honest with yourself and if you have the means to live life comfortably. If this is your true reason than you should not feel shame in not wanting to destroy your body for money. Move on to your next job opportunity with some sort of seat and a/c.

a.k.a. perusing personal prospects and ambitions.

Yeah, I'm working half the time I'm supposed to (because I'm a trainee). The next month I'll have to work twice as much as now.