Is home-field advantage a real thing?

Is home-field advantage a real thing?

Yes, but it isn't something that remains constant or can even be measured. Any high school athlete can easily tell you. Hell, any college athlete at that too. If you're at your house, youre more comfortable. That's YOUR place.

Yes most of the time, unless your home field is at Pearl Harbour

>making a dumb history reference
>posts picture of something else

are you simple?

t. Burger Coronary Heart Diseasist

I thought British comedy was supposed to be clever

Making a joke of (You). Its OK to laugh as well fatty

this is just sad m8

thats the spirit

>unless your home field is at Pearl Harbour

Oh come on people. Give rotmouth here his d(You)s, that was a genuinely kekworthy joke

>posts a picture of a nuclear bomb while making a joke about pearl harbour

please don't encourage his retardation

tfw you realise you will die of coronary heart disease

Well yes, of course you'll play better if there are 50.000 people cheering you on rather than insulting and booing you.

Except if you're a psycho autist that cant feel emotion, like Messi.

>dont encourage

Why? It's harmless britposting

being this retarded enough to not know that actions have consequences

It is when your stadium looks like that. It gives you more energy when you become being tired and can make you forget the pain (adrenaline).

You won't be technically better, but you will have a little more faith in what you are doing. And in a team sport, this is important.

Nou Camp is a place for costumers and old grudgy men who care more about booing their players than supporting the home team. they can't generate a good env that would help the players.

Yes but to me it has always been about travel. Who will be more comfortable for game day? The guy who got a full 8 hours of sleep in his bed, homemade breakfast, hung out with wife or kids or friends, then drove 20 minutes in his sports car to the arena. Or the guy who is coming from Charlotte cross country. Got into the hotel at 4am. Slept in an unfamiliar place. Breakfast was room service cold food. Bus trip to the arena and stuck in traffic. Stuff like that.

It is.
A major reason beside the boosted morale for the home team is the intimidated referee, who is more reluctant to make decisions that could make the crowd turn on him.
I once read some statistics on referees' decisions regarding home/away teams, but I can't be bothered to look that up now.

It's actually been proving by science that in your home place your testosterone is boosted slightly in a primal response to deend it. This carrys from fighting to sports

In cricket home conditions are fucking huge. Different pitches across the world play differently and require different skills to succeed on.

Yes but the Nou Camp is a place full of plastic fans and old people..

The atmosphere is terrible, it won't help them.

Asides from the emotional aspect, i think it is, training in different temperatures, humidity, also, i don't know where, but i remember reading that some teams used to train in fields more wet than usual, so they would have an advantage in their home over the visitant team

this is really sad
keep trying though, guys. You're bound to get a good one in eventually

Yes. You should know better.

Of course it's a real thing. Basically every sports team in the world has a better home record than away record.