How do I learn more about Christianity? Should I pick up a bible and begin reading from the beginning?

How do I learn more about Christianity? Should I pick up a bible and begin reading from the beginning?

I stumbled upon this verse and although I tried, I have been fixated upon it for hours. It repeats in my head over and over again. It's something I can not forget about.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

That second part. An ever-present help in trouble. That part is so unbelievably beautiful to me. I studied literature in University but have never come across a line so moving.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
biblegateway.com/versions/King-James-Version-KJV-Bible/#booklist
youtube.com/watch?v=2BQSqHrU7ns
youtube.com/user/wordonfirevideo/videos
sltrib.com/home/3313087-155/mormons-are-all-for-female-ordination
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

g-guys pol is still a christian board, r-right?

No. We worship KEK here now.

Do you worship Shakespeare?

/thread.

Read the bible the whole way through, every sentence, so you know what you are getting into

Then decide whether you buy the idea

I dont, personally, but still everyone should read the Bible through at least once

i picked up a bible but i got bored after the first 5 pages desu

is salvation rly worth reading a whole novel??

Fuck off to Ribbit. When will you kek fsggots leave?

what the fuck dude

Its a great book detailing the history of the Adamic race. Also talks about jews

>It only smells

I read the whole book, start to finish
Don't skip anything
I actually read it out loud to help woth comprehension
Bible is the book of truth
The art of the deal is my second favorite book, whats my first favorite?

If you're sincere, consider speaking to a pastor at a church. Just call them and say what you told us. They'll help you. They live for that shit.

The bible is really, really dense, especially in the old testament. People make the mistake of thinking the OT books are prescriptive documents still in effect. They aren't. The old covenants between God and men were replaced by Jesus Christ.

So if you're just starting to learn about Christianity, start with the New Testament. It gives you a much better foundation for understanding. NT and OT are both equally important, but if you try to read through you'll get exhausted by Numbers and quit.

The bible is super hard to understand without context. Take advantage of the highly educated pastors out there and benefit from their years of study.

Read the Gospels. If you still like it read Revelations. Then read old testament. Then finish new testament. Then apocrypha.

Not so
The you need to know the Law (old testament) in order to understand the Word (bible)
Just read the book OP you dont need to talk to no faggot priest

I thought Augustine's Confessions were pretty cool.

christianity is a waste
>be the worse human possible all your life
>go to church when you're middle-aged or old
>say you want to be redeemed in the name of god
>they accept you and everything is A-OK

Also, they've allowed society to degenerate this much and the religion will probably die out within this century.

I enjoyed 'Merchant of Venice'. That's about it.

That's a good idea. I may stay up all day reading it. I can probably get 700 pages in over the next ~14 hours.

I don't wish to speak to anyone.

Thank you Pajeet.

i didn't know the qt3.14 from /fa/ was canadian

Watch this OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
And first 30 minutes of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A

biblegateway.com/versions/King-James-Version-KJV-Bible/#booklist

Sadly not. I wish we had more proper threads on religion since that was the main reason I started coming here.

You can skim through the genealogies in Chronicles

What's the fandom like?

Read the prophets and then the new testament, Isaiah Jeremiah ezekiel Malachai Then NT from Mathew.

The prophets are the direct precursor to jesus and without reading them you wont understand what he was there to fullfill, or why he was so harsh on some of the Judeans.

Preferably, visit an Orthodox or Catholic Church.
Start reading Christian literature and history, most likely there should be a Catholic or Orthodox library.
Embrace the beauty of the surroundings, the traditions, the culture.

Read the following works.

"Politics Drawn from Holy Scripture"
by Bishop Jacques-Benigne Bossuet

"Patriarcha: Or the Natural Power of Kings"
by Sir Robert Filmer

"On the Pope"
by Count Joseph de Maistre

"Democracy: The God That Failed"
by Hans-Hermann Hoppe

Once you are ready, know the history, the different perspectives, then you can start reading the bible if you feel like, but it is not necessary, unless you feel like going down the Protestant path, which I can not recommend.

Never. We came, we convert, we stay.

When kek stops answering.

Kek is a false god, a demon god, he does not exist, but is a mere figure of man's imagination. Beware.

Psalm 115:4-8 ESV

"Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see. They have ears, but do not hear; noses, but do not smell. They have hands, but do not feel; feet, but do not walk; and they do not make a sound in their throat. Those who make them become like them; so do all who trust in them."

In nomine Patris et Fili et Spiritus Sancti, kek be gone.

normie, gtfo

Jesus face in that pic looks like the sun in my flag.

Lord Kek, show me your magic numbers, warm my heart with your digits and show this heretic how is done.

By one digit? Lord Kek why?

Don't just pick up the Bible and read it. Check out some Catholic writers/youtubers to get how to interpret the Bible before you read it yourself.

You can start here:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BQSqHrU7ns
youtube.com/user/wordonfirevideo/videos

1 John 4:1 ESV
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I would start with NT, some of the letters, surely St. Augustine Confessions, then if still interested possibly cherry picked Psalm, Book of Job, Ecclesiastes, maybe Genesis.

Welcome to the world of Jewish literature.

There is but one answer for the almost triple digits. Kek is testing our faith, showing us that he has the power to create, not only trips, but memes.

perhaps kek isn't truly what we believe he is to be, perhaps there is a greater spirit

start with the greeks

>Worshipping a false idol
Remember what happaned last time when the gold bull happaned.

>dubs

Kek is sending us a message. We need to start with the greeks.

Thinking themselves wise, they became fools

kill yourself and meet with the lord

>that webm
how can anybody lack self awareness to this extent

The new testament is the law. Read closer into the work of Jesus, otherwise you should be stoned for eating shrimp.

looks like a dorm room too lmao. god damn u know that little cuckaroo sits around watching anime with headphones on so he doesn't have to hear his neighbors fucking

>youtube.com/watch?v=2BQSqHrU7ns
That was great

can someone post proof of Christianity? I don't know what to believe anymore

there is no objective truth

all people are liars

all

Eating unclean animals makes you unfit to enter holy ground. None of the food laws (found in Leviticus 11) even have a punishment attached to them.
You could have known that if you had read the old testament for yourself, instead of just listening to someone talk about it.

Convert to Mormonism, it's literally the most based Christian denomination. I converted from agnosticism recently, never looked back. Srs op look into it, everything pol stands for is the LDS church. Everything.

Fr baron is good, he's not a radical traditionalist but he's no awfull liberal.

back to R E D D I T

autism

LDS:
>Muh guns
>White as fuck
>Jewish style nepotism
>Secretive society
>100% Bavarian phenotype
>QT wants to be a good wife and make lots of Christian soldier babies
>Teach "emergency preparedness" and food storage for SHTF
>Racist as absolute fuck
>Utah government regularly challenges federal government
>over 2.0 white birthrate
The list goes on, user.

1) Read the gospel of Matthew ASAP
2) Continue reading the N.T. to get saved and build your faith
3) Read some psalms and try to understand the O.T. more
4) Read proverbs and Ecclesiastes for wisdom and to reassure your faith
5) Read lamentations to get red pilled on the downfall of Europe/whites

Repent and get baptized ASAP.

LDS is cucked as fuck, they threw out everything that doesnt align with modernity decades ago.

Yeah they're conservative but that's useless, in 15 years they'll be defeding the divine two faggs marriage over the rights for 3 faggs to marry.

>Cuckstianity
>Worshiping a literal cuck
>Being a puppet of the Jews

No thanks. Praise KEK or get keked.

GET REKT HEATHENS
DEUS VULT

Just start reading the bible, you don't need to talk to a pastor. You should try to avoid any outside opinions or influence on the topic until you are done reading. Make your own judgement on whether you believe what you read or not. You have nothing to lose because even if you don't believe in the end, it's an amazing piece of literature.

LOL SWEDEN (YOU) called someone cucked! The irony bro, it's too much kek for one user.

Did you miss the part about >2.0 birthrate?

The LDS church taught that blacks are the offspring of Cain so they must bear the mark of him by being niggers....until....wait for it....1979.....nineteen fucking 79.

Martin Luther - A Treatise on Good Works
Martin Luther - On Christian Liberty

until....wait for it....1979.....nineteen fucking 79.

Try checking their material and finding anything that doesnt have a nigger on it nowdays.

I'm not saying they were allways bad, but today they're no better than the non-trad catholics, in fact the catholics are better than them on some points still. Such as female ordination which even the worst parts of the CC is against.

sltrib.com/home/3313087-155/mormons-are-all-for-female-ordination

Yes. Don't let the reddit and tumblr shills discourage you. They are ADHD kiddos and will quickly grow bored.

A homeless, Marxist, Arab Jew, whose girlfriend cucked him with all 12 disciples and many more Nazarine BBCs. Jesus casted 7 demons out of Mary Magdalene or was it Jesus cleaning up 7 semen loads?

+1
You aren't literate if you haven't read the Bible.
Get one in today's version of your native language, OP.

LIAR

I would read the Gospels and Acts first. They are the foundation of the faith and explain who Jesus was and his main teachings. Maybe go into some of Paul's letters, he expands on things a bit. After that you should go back and read Isaiah and some of the Old Testament books that lay out the prophecy about Christ's coming, so you can understand why the Gospels were so amazing.

If you want to read from cover to cover, that's fine, but you might lose steam in the middle of the OT. It gets pretty dry. If that's how the book speaks to you, go for it though.

ugh but its so hard not to skip. I read Kings, then was reading Chronicles, and was like, "WTF, did my bookmark get misplaced?" No, turns out its the same story told again. Y THEY DO THAT?!

Your concept of salvation is an invention of Protestantcucks along with the deceitful solas. Nobody baptized in The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church was turned away just because they couldn't afford a Bible written with a feather dipped in ink before the printing press.

3 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

The new testament is your Christian text.

The old testament is for teaching and Wisdom

I am trying to read it cover to cover. feels like a violation if i skip, but chronicles literally is just kings worded slightly differently. even the passage titles are the same. Was this necessary? Did they need to include it?

Jesus was a Teacher. He taught the Old Testament.
The New Testament is actually just the Apostles (documented to be assholes), and Saul, renamed Paul.