Went to doctor, Have terrible ear infection

Went to doctor, Have terrible ear infection.
Get meds, Meds aint helping.
Feels like MY ear has a nail being hammered into it ever 3 minutes. Any one else have ear infections before. How long it it going to hurt for.
Like the entire side of my next to my ear is on fire.

>745360150
doctor is thinking about putting this in. anyone have any experiences with them.

I was born with a severed estation tube so i've had bout 100 ear infections in my life.

hot water bottle helps alot, swallowing alot helps relieve the pressure too. Get those cheap liquid ice popcicles(100 for like 3 bucks, the cheap ones), the cold and the swallowing pressure help too
Its an infection so the antibiotics have to build up in your system and start working before you feel any better, this can take 2-5 days depending on the infection.

Keep taking your meds. The pain isn't immediately going to go away, unfortunately.

here

I had 4 sets of temporary tubes when i was a child and i have one set of T tubes when i was 14 which are permanent. I've had them in for 16 years so far. They allow me to hear and i dont get infections anymore

Yeah, I've had tubes multiple times. They do help if you get chronic infections.

Are you me?

sweat ill givethese a try, Does it normally hurt like the side of your neck?
How long should I expect it. I have to work monday, and here in florida we are all working outside in the heat.

Lots of good advice in this thread OP

If you have any opiates you can take that will help too. Not sure why the doc didnt prescribe at least Tylenol 3 if your pain is so bad.

Maybe go back to the doc and ask for some.

also feel better fast OP

My doc always told me to take double my antibiotics on the first day

It helps a lot.

Get a lot of rest.

It lasts maybe a week or up to two weeks. Suvks i know man.

This is my first ever ear infection, and it popped up in less then a day, But its more painful then when i broke my leg. How do you guys deal with these all the time??

Could be a few days, could be up to a week, user. Should call your doc.

>Does it normally hurt like the side of your neck?
Yes,from the ear all the way down the neck, that the estation tube which is now inflamed cause of the infection and possibly clogged

anyway to open it? like home remedies wise.

Tubes, dawg. My ears are fucked, man.

Nope, hot compress can help temporarily.

Heat up salt in a pan (not too hot) and put it into a clean sock if you don't have any hot compresses.

Yeah, they fucking suck. They fall out, they fall back inside your head and rattle around. Earwax melts and runs into them. You still get infected anyway because your ear is open for all the baccy to get in. You can't swim without earplugs so you always have to carry some with you if there's even a remote chance of you being submerged and if you don't and you go under, you get swimmers ear guaranteed and take a dice roll at getting an infection. When you run and your eustachian tubes open from the endorphins/adrenaline you end up breathing out of your ear, it sounds like someone blowing in your ear and you can't hear jack shit out of it until your ET's close again.

There are no upsides.

>They fall out, they fall back inside your head
They arent implante that far in, and the pressure of the wound closing will push them externally

had ear aches as a child, had one set of tubes put in and fixed problem

They want to put in atemp tube.

Do it,it will help alot,because they will drain the infection out

Last year I had the same problem and after taking meds my doctor recommended, my infection only got worse. I decided to go to the hospital because I was worried it might be something far worse and it turns out I had 2 infections. An ear and sinus infection, but the medicine my doctor gave me only dealt with the ear infection.

Go to the doctor again or the hospital and they'll give you these drops you have to put in the infected ear every 4 hours and it should be fine after 5 days.

iM ON THESE DROPS NEOMYCIN AND POLYMYXIN B SULFATES AND HYDROCORTISONE OTIC SOLUTION
AND BUPROPIOM TABS.

>BUPROPIOM
They would not give you an antidepressant for an infection

I didn't feel it because I have Autism, It makes me pain tolerant so when I had it checked out they were suprised it didn't hurt for me.