Why can't yuropoors into sports?

Why can't yuropoors into sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/okIfw3fCttM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The three biggest were in Europe. kys lad.

muslims dont like football that much no explosions inside the stadiums so far

>United

Can't you only use this term if your team is a merger of two or more former teams?

will that be their average?

500 people

27,000 season tickets have been sold so they will probably pull 35,000-40,000 the first season or 2 if they are actually good then it will be huge. Youth soccer in Atlanta is surprisingly big. Lots of National Champs at the club level from Atlanta

The muzzies here in california love basketball for some reason.

>4th largest in the world
>this weekend
lmao

>this weekend

pakis love football, don't know what you're talking about.

the pakis at my uni do nothing but talk about football, fifa on playstation, which food places are halal and shisha.

>this weekend

wow, what an achievement lel

from what I understand it was Atlanta's first ever match, so of course the city was excited

let's see if they can keep it up and have the 4th largest crowd for an entire year....

Why do most American stadiums never have any kind of roof?

then why are they so shit at it?

has there ever even been one decent paki player in the world?

>Atlanta United
MLS is embarrassing. Should be named Atlanta Expansion Franchise

>i saw an MLS tweet bragging "this is MLS" and the stadium was half empty
>i almost made a thread about it
>it would be a great response right now

Shit genetics.

paki or muslim player? there are muslim players.

Precipitation here is quite mild compared to paddyland and the rest of Europe.

>atlanta

how long until they burn down the stadium?

It is an achievement

Roofs are for pussies

actually you have much more extreme weather than us

meaning you have extreme weather changes throughout the year while europe only rarely reaches extreme weather conditions both ways

>t. Country that is terrorised by tornadoes and huge storms on a daily basis

Aside from the occasional Blizzard or Tornado in flyover land, the weather here is pretty dry.

I spent 4 months touring the British isles and the weather was very wet.

"Atlanta" "United" "Football" "Club"

that must be all the white people in Atlanta

why haven't the american euroboo soccer fags adopted some dumb britishism to describe attendance, like "gate"?

well, your entire Eastcoast and your North-Western coast is much wetter than most of Europe

your middle part is around the same as Europe

only your South-Western part is much drier than Europe obviously (we're talking about literal desert regions in this case)

are you the guy that gets angry when people say 'nil' instead of zero?

>weather here is pretty dry

you're retarded

btw, Atlanta lies in the above average rain region, so a roof wouldn't have seemed like a bad idea....

How is it so big? Redneck and blacks don't like soccer

Did almost all of the top teams in Europe play away from home?

There just aren't that many teams to choose from

The 3 teams were Barcelona, Man Utd and Dortmund

Schalke, Real Madrid and Arsenal were all away

I looked up AC Milan but they got 27k in an 80k stadium which is just sad.

Also West Ham tonight got 56k so would be 4th

>27k
How the mighty have fallen.

>I looked up AC Milan but they got 27k in an 80k stadium which is just sad.

The state of Italian football.

also

>tickets are like $15 vs actual money in yurop

with a population of 400k that's alright for amerilads.

shut the fuck up xeattle faggot

potential new teams have to have a certain amount of season-ticket holders or else they cant get a team

las vegas hockey will be a sell out every night too, until the next year and then you'll see half empty crowds because hockey doesnt belong in the desert just like soccer doesnt belong in the south

>NFL

NFL tickets are notoriously overpriced, how the fuck is the attendance this high? Shit, i'd sooner expect to see MLB atop such a list.

jesus christ rest of the world are you even trying

He's Matt Doyle, an Mls shill. Ignore him

only 8 home games per year

>NFL with highest average attendance
...either I'm just afraid of triple digit price tickets or people in this country love football even more than i thought

Thats actually not bad when you consider how non mainstream soccer is at the club level here in Murica as well as the smaller stadiums used or allocated.

MLB is more impressive considering the total number of games.

all the white people in atlanta

we meme the yuros and spics for only watching 1 sport but here we are doing the same shit

Wait, is being the 4th largest in a 2 day period that big of an accomplishment?

MLB is up there but how does the NBA size up?

There are 20 college teams that average more than that NFL average too.

youtu.be/okIfw3fCttM

>yuropoors make basketball games more entertaining than Americans

kek

KEK

K E K

>this weekend
Wow, so that is the power of My Little Sawker...

I think they'll have good attendance just because the stadium is in a good location. Easy for parents to take their kids and stuff like that. Not to mention that everyone going to Falcons games will be seeing ads for Atlanta "United" "FC" (I guess Real Atlanta CF was already taken?).

The 3 biggest stadiums are in Korea, Mexico and Brazil

>MLS nearly catching up to Serie A

JUST

That would cost ridiculously more amounts of money.

Where's the NHL and NBA?

The average capacity of an NHL and NBA arena is between 15-20k. So the average attendance will be below that

>Americans will still play the "we don't care about this sport" card every time they get rekt

>NFL on top of list
where is everyone getting the money for tickets tho?

We have 320 million people (probably more, nobody is sure exactly how many illegals are here). Those attendance numbers seem high but for a country the size of the US they're pretty insignificant. We have amateur football, basketball, and baseball leagues that get better attendance.

Nobody watches MLS on tv

How is this even possible? The only people I know who go to Red Bull and NYCFC games are mexicans and thi one British dude I went to college with

>actually explaining yourselves to the third world

top kuck

I'm rather sure you have more than 3 million people who care about "soccer" in your country and that would be more than the entire Uruguayn population

You have no excuses for being bad at football, do like the Brits and just accept sports are not for you

Lots of rich and/or dumb people. Demand is crazy high and supply is so limited that the league can afford to jack up prices. Like in Chicago, we've got 10 million people but Soldier Field only seats 60,000.

Seattle dramatically inflates averages and totals. The league average is like 20k and they average 35k. Teams in areas with a lot of latinos, like LA and Houston, also get consistently solid attendance.

MLS' demographic is basically hipsters/college students/latinos that don't like Liga MX for whatever reason. Any area with a high concentration of one of those 3 will have around 20k fans showing up every week.

It's a different situation with Uruguay, because their entire sports infrastructure and culture is geared towards soccer. The best coaches, best athletes, all go to soccer. Culturally, soccer is #1.

It's different in the US, soccer is #5 and gets very little focus relative to the rest. And even still, I wouldn't say the US is bad. We consistently reach the round of 16 at the WC.

For American sports you need +2 meters roided up gyganiggas, your actual athletes are free to play soccer, they just happen to suck

if you're a top level athlete in the USA you will be turned away from playing soccer even if it's what you want to. when i was in college on of my friends was a very good american football player, a starter for a division 1 college team and was just barely not good enough to play in the NFL. he originally wanted to play soccer but his dad forced him to play football instead. when 95% of our best athletes play a different sport no shit we're going to suck at soccer

Colleges are dominated by Football, Baseball, Hockey, and Basketball so kids tend to gravitate towards them. It's different in Uruguay when they only have one sport in the forefront of everything.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Our top athletes in the 5'8"-6'1" height range all play football, baseball, hockey, and even basketball*. There are plenty of short stars in all of those sports. In almost no case is a top athlete choosing soccer above all else.

*There's an interesting trend of shorter players having more success in the NBA as it moves towards "smallball", look at guys like 5'9" Isaiah Thomas

Let's say you are 170cm tall, just like Messi

What sports can you play besides soccer?

Basketball is like our 5th sport and we still have players in the NBA, and multiple ring winners

You know why? Because they were too tall to play soccer, not because they liked the sport. I'm sure you must have some short and/or skinny Americans too

If you're Messi's size then you're not a top athlete, you're a midget who doesn't play sports.

Baseball
Jose Altuve is like 5'5 and he's one of the best players in the MLB

Baseball. Pedroia is roughly Messi's size. Or you could do MMA, which is much more popular than soccer in the US.

Nah, there are plenty of really short dudes running around in pro baseball. Not everyone has to be some 6'3" guy hitting dingers, there's a place for speedy contact hitters too.

>MMA, which is much more popular than soccer in the US.
lies

you can play baseball and hockey at that height. you can also play football but only one or two positions so the competition would be insane. you cant play basketball at that height unless you're a freak of nature.

the thing is, most guys with athletic dreams just give up on sports if they dont grow taller. they'll grow up playing football or basketball and then stay 170cm through high school and just stop trying. or they'll do wrestling, lacrosse, golf, or some other niche sport. they dont even give soccer a chance because our culture is so negative about it. most of them will just drop sports altogether and go to college for regular careers

i know "we dont care" sounds like a meme excuse but it's not, if you ever spend some time here you will notice it almost instantly

I just refuse to believe Americans consider soccer a niche sport, it's literally the most popular sport in the world

im not memeing you when i tell you this: if you walk up to a random person in chicago (where i live) and ask them who lionel messi is, most of them will not be able to tell you. it depends on where you live, like seattle probably has a lot more soccer fans than usual, and new mexico probably has a lot more central/south american immigrants than usual, but for the most part soccer is completely off the radar here. completely.

i consider myself a bigger soccer fan than most americans and i cant name a single player on our national team other than clint dempsey. idk if hes even still on the team.

The thing is noone likes soccer here because its a sport for little girls so to have the fourth highest attendance in a commie sport really makes u think

We don't even use celsius. What makes you think we would give a shit about soccer just because everyone else does?

Messi was at Disney world a few years ago, just walking around in broad daylight at some water park (think it was Blizzard Beach) and nobody recognized him. Some euro tourist took a video of it from a distance and put it up on youtube. It must have been so weird for him.

Not saying you should like it just becaue the rest of the world likes it, but quite the opposite. A sport to become that popular and in so many different cultures needs to be objectively good, can't explain why it never became a thing in the States

I mean, the USA got thousands if not millions of European (mainly British, German and Italian) immigrants in the late XIX, early XX; and all of them played soccer back home. Did they just stop caring about them once they arrived to the States or what? Here they funded the clubs we have now and made soccer popular

>can't explain why it never became a thing in the States

Baseball and football were already well established by the time we heard about soccer.

>German and Italian immigrants

Can you think of anything that might have encouraged Germans and Italians to limit open enjoyment of foreign sports? Something that rhymes with "Swirled Boar", perhaps?

Also, yeah, they just stopped caring as they got assimilated. Same thing is starting to happen to latinos in the US, you see more and more Mexican Dodgers/Raiders fans than of any other sports teams. And of course the rest of us (Cubans/Dominicans/boricuas) never liked soccer anyway.

President of the free world likes it

Yeah and the natives beat the commie out of them

So, European immigrants dropped soccer only because they were forced to

Makes sense

Not because they were forced to, just German and Italian immigrants faced pressure to act more "American". And remember that those two groups make up a small minority of our total population, the German population is dramatically exaggerated (some guy named "Jones" with 1 German grandparent screaming "we wuz kaisers" accounts for like half the "German-American" population). There weren't really enough of them to keep the sport going.

The vast majority of Americans, up until recently, were of British/Irish descent. Then the Mexicans showed up.

>some guy named "Jones" with 1 German grandparent screaming "we wuz kaisers"

kek

This is the stadium they are moving into in July. Seats nearly 80k.

>Atlanta
Ain't 2 NHL teams have come and gone and all other top pro sport teams there are trash?

A pro soccer team won't last any longer.

There's a big difference between divegrass and your shitty sport