What boot does Sup Forums wear? I just got a pair of these today to replace my old tactical boots

What boot does Sup Forums wear? I just got a pair of these today to replace my old tactical boots

Other urls found in this thread:

wolverine.com/US/en/evans-boot/21782M.html?dwvar_21782M_color=W40049
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cool boots OP

Bates boots are the only boots to own.

Never a been a brandfag, but when it comes to boots, Timberland has never failed me.

how boring

shoes like pottery

Probably because you don't work in boots, pussy.

Tell me, what work do you have that require boots?

running jooz

Chippewa Super Loggers

>boots

something similar to this; they discontinued the exact one I have.

They are super toasty. I work in the arctic.

>Tell me, what work do you have that require boots?

Are the bottoms stitched? They don't look stitched.

no idea what you are asking, fam

Just got these for work. It's the slow time of year though so I haven't had a chance to put them through their paces yet. My last pair were Georgia boots but the toes just can't survive a heavy metal fab environment. The Georgias are so comfy though I'm going to keep using them for casual for a while.

Is the sole stitched into the boot, I cannot tell from the picture.

I wish I could wear boots like these at work. I work in a near freezing environment, but have to wear steel toes. And I walk a fuckton so wearing multiple layers/thick socks makes my feet sweat too much.

Recently had to retire them.

Bad backs and blue collar work do not mix

Wear composite toe and if anyone asks say they're steel toe

>have to wear steel toes
I would bet money that you are wrong. Composite toes meet the same ASTM/OSHA safety standards as steel toes. You are requried to wear "safety toe" boots.

No idea. I don't have that exact pair. My pair is about 6 years old and they are still holding up great.

Nigger

Current work boots

Never heard of them. why are they good?

Nope. I have to wear steel toe boots. I operate a hand jack for moving around pallets of product weighing about 2000-2500lbs.

We are obligated to wear steel toe boots or risk losing our license.

we're talking about work boots, not your lame converse faggot

>I have to wear steel toe boots
if that is a company policy, then it is an outdated policy that needs to be updated.

OSHA just says that the boots must conform to ASTM F-2412-2005, "Standard Test Methods for Foot Protection,"

That particular ASTM has qualified steel-toes, aluminum-toes, composite-toes and possibly others.

Red Wing heritage classic

Good choice going light for duty boots, but I've heard less than flattering things about the tachyon

My advice? UA Stellar Tac, half the price par or better quailty and they feel like basketball shoes as opposed to boots.

Hmm, I'm gonna look into this. Been meaning to get a new pair of boots and I don't want to have to get another pair of steel toes. Hate 'em.

Thanks for the info.

You've clearly never worn the pro series timbs faggot. If you don't require steel toe the pro series are the best boots you can buy for construction and mechanic shops.

Whites, because I'm not a poorfag.

honestly didnt think there would be so many people that work in construction on here

Fuck ya.

Those just look like black basketball shoes...

>fucked school
>learn trade by family member
>break your back 5 days a week
>alcoholic
>Sup Forums is home

I was a forklift driver.

I guess things didn't work out so good for you, what sorta trade are you in, user?

"tactical boots"... massive cock smoker detected

These. I fucking love them. Best shoes I've ever had TBH

>I was a forklift driver.
>Bad back

How the fuck can't you drive a fucklift with a bad back? You just sit there and pull levers

Me too man. Me too.

They are. But if you're going to go light you may as well pay light.

Mine cost $80

All it takes is them to step on your foot and discord you're lying

Nah, I'm not really complaining. I'm a mason, took over my old man firm, and making a decent living. It's rough some days, but I wouldn't trade it for sitting behind a desk all day. You?

see

Danners

Love my keens. I work in substations with 3" crushed stone and they are great.

The amount of opiates I have to take daily only just hold back the torrent of pain, 300mg of tramadol, and it barely works. I refuse to operate a forklift.

Ooooh I love talking about trades, I started working as an electrician this summer right out of highscool and I'm currently waiting until my boss wants to send me to school

Ok, I wasn't thinking about pain meds.

Good call on not killing your coworkers

Doesn't get any better than these.

ive been wearing some slip on tims for the past year. very comfortable.

Ah, sweet! You gotta make a good living for yourself too, right? Over here, electricians cash in big time. I love fucking with you guys too! Plaster over outlets is a classic ^^

It's one of the only things I've ever really been passionate about and the way things are going right now electricians and other trades jobs are gonna be available due to retirees and stuff so I'm really excited to go to school

I wanted to.

Eventually I was forced to resign. They wanted me lifting 45kg "most of the time".

Look like nigger shoes with all that stupid useless crap all over them.

Maybe your back hurts because you're a fatassHis back hurts because he's a fatass

That's cool, man! When you enjoy your work, it makes it a whole lot easier. Construction in particular is fun in the way when we all gather. Painters, masons, electricians, carpenters, machine/truck handlers in the same spot ect ect. Usually the same humour, and a lot of laughs in the work area.

oh yeah I love hanging out with tradesmen, there's a certain kind of friendliness that comes from people in construction and stuff

Please unfuck yourselves

wolverine.com/US/en/evans-boot/21782M.html?dwvar_21782M_color=W40049

$400
Smdh
I've worked 60+ hour weeks in Northern California, building greenhouses, digging trenches, running miles upon miles of water lines...all in $30 Walmart boots

I left out an important detail...they've lasted me close to a year

whatever these are called i guess, recentish pic

Haha, knew i'd find someone i know eventually. Fuck you.

You are a prissy faggot who cares about style more than function.
There is No level of quality of boot that is worth that.

nope, not even
faggy
childish
cheapo
absolute worst, v ugly colour
docs were cool in the 80's
ok for mountains
ok
nah
kinda something
hideous, kys quick
yuck, just terrible
plastic looking

Something very close to this, but I also have some Austrian surplus.

GOML fags these are real tacticool boots

Dude, how is your weight not negatively affecting your back?
Keep on living in denial.
I bet your knees are shot too, for some weeeiiirrddd reason...

Danners are easily one of the best boot brands out there

gay bates is what my plt sergeant always said

Hell yeah, had one pair in a different style before. Tried a lot of other brands and none have lasted as long. Gonna be doing lots of turnaround/shutdown stuff soon, so that'll be the real test.

the winner so far
these are mine

if u refer to this:
well this is mine:

I've lost 20kg after this photo. Only example I had of my boots.

I miss blue collar work

why

Those look like they were sourced and manufactured inside a dumpster.

All that riding around in Kenworths didn't help either huh?

I'm sorry for being mean.
I'm a bit overweight too.
It really doesn't matter if you're fat or not as long as you're not a piece of shit.

Clarks chelsea boots. I couldn't tell you the specific name though.

I also have a couple pairs of Blundstone slip on boots.

Redwings.

Most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned.

only in a thread filled with tradesmen would you find someone apologizing for something they said on Sup Forums

But please keep up the good work and try and get to an appropriate weight to maintain good health, for you, not anyone else.

thats fashion my man
i dont do manual labour kinda work

Steel toe docks

Those are nice. What's the purpose of the huge heel though?

>purpose of the huge heel though
they are lifts
he is a manlet
probably a 5'3" electrician

kek

It's a logger heel. It's for better traction in the woods and such.

Ah..
You got a link for them?
I actually work in the woods in the PNW and I need new boots.

Heh. I had a fuckin' great time doing it man. I was a neet before then. Afraid of everything. I have a truck driver to thank for coaxing me out of my shell and interacting with society again.

It was because of him I got my fork ticket.

It's ok man. I have thick skin.

10/10

Linesman's boots have pretty defined heels as well, good for climbing power poles I suppose.

Just as a point of reference steel toes do provide more protection. But composite toes provide enough to meet certain standards. So if your around really heavy shit steel toes are still a better option but composite toes are enough to meet the OHSA/CSA/company standards.

Ive been wearing pic related for the past few years and I can honestly say these with some superfeet green insoles are more comfortable than most shoes. But I guess a large part of that is i wear these boots 50-60 hours a week and are used to having boots instead of shoes on.

Redwing has several insulated steel toe boots