ITT: albums you refuse to listen to for absolutely no reason

ITT: albums you refuse to listen to for absolutely no reason

That's fucking dumb

Same

It's often posted here, but I don't want to listen to it for some reason.

Am I missing something good?

no

fuck me for defending Sup Forumscore but yes you are missing something quite special

one of the few good hip hop albums

Prince's discography, just never got around to it
though according to many people he was a prat, but that's not the reason I haven't listened to his music

I tried, but I really don't like Radiohead. If I was 16 I'd probably enjoy it.

You're not missing anything important.

i got really deep into radiohead in high school and then immediately grew out of it when i hit college

mucore post hardcore stuff and p4k BNM awardees

Anything by the Rolling Stones

what's it like

Same here and I'm a huge Beatles fan. I think that Mick Jagger is a dumb faggot.

Same.

It's pretty great if you are a fan of hip-hop, otherwise you probably won't like it that much. I listened to it before I really got into rap music at all and I didn't really understand the hype. Listen to a lot more now and I do enjoy it a lot more these days. Great but not the goat

I'm in the same boat. Don't know why, but every Stones song I've heard other than Gimme Shelter seems pretty uninspired. Can anybody recc the best starting point for the Stones? I know that I'm probably just being ignorant but for whatever reason I just can't be ballsed to listen to them at all on my own.

Paint it Black and Satisfaction are great songs. I think we should ignore that fact that Mick Jagger is an idiot and give it a listen.

Both of these.

Same. I can't help but image the singer as some kind of hipster emo who whines about everything even though the worst thing he's ever experiences is a pet dying or something mundane.

I initially had the same issues with the stones. The thing is a lot of the rest of their songs are completely different to their hit songs, and are more blues oriented rock songs, but if I were you, I'd listen to Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main street first.

Don't go into The Stones expecting trippy psychedelic melody. Go in expecting gritty, roots rock n roll. Honestly, the comparison to The Stones and The Beatles is so contrived, the only thing they have in common is that they were popular at the same time.

Listen to Sticky Fingers first, I guess. Maybe with a glass of whiskey.

Anything that's considered "mu-core"

it sounds like one person who wanted to make a solo album that sounded like a full band, a huge band, a Broken Social Scene sized band, but that felt like lying so then they did the opposite at the last second. It's densely layered but all of the layers are quiet, half-there fragments and all the playing shifts around like it's coming from nowhere and the space the music was played in doesn't exist

...why???
overrated
me too

Yep. They seem like a good band, but I've never listened to any records.

you are missing out, especially with The Glow

please leave and never come back

I've listened to it all, its wildly inconsistent with some great and some awful.

very good album

ok

Don't listen to this now, wait till its in the middle of winter then blast this on your stereo.

op missing out

radiohead is good but fanbase is garbage

listen to it already

how have you not

me either. not interested in the new record since i heard it wasnt up to par as the rest

Anything by The Smiths

I feel like I'd like pic related but I still haven't listened to it

Still don't get the appeal of this album, it's a lot of underdeveloped and underwhelming ideas, Mount Eerie was better

It wouldn't hurt to try OKC or Kid A

It's not mind blowing or anything (if you don't like hip hop it's certainly not gonna change your mind), but it is really good

Love it or hate it album, just listen to the title track and if you don't like that then don't bother

Same, Jay-Z seems very much all about attitude from the features I've heard from him, so I feel a full project from him would be draining if I'm constantly bombarded with it

Also same, but with Jangle Pop in general

>(if you don't like hip hop it's certainly not gonna change your mind)
That's where I'd argue with you. I think Madvillainy and Mm..Food are both real gateway albums for a lot of dyed in the wool dad rock kiddos. Agree that it is not the pinnacle of hip hop though, but a really solid album.

>I feel like I'd like pic related but I still haven't listened to it
I think the key word is "refuse" you just haven't listened to it yet. If anyone here seriously refuses to listen to pretty much any album then that's sad.

its only good if youre sad

"Refusing" to listen to music on any basis is stupid, autistic, and childish. So, about par for here.

This. I tried listening to this album when I was younger and didn't like it at all. I might really enjoy it or understand it more now but part of me doesn't want to just because it's such a meme

it sucks dont worry

glad you liked pablo honey and king of limbs tho

Imagine ItAOtS except cozier, noisier, more relatable, and maybe a little less cool varied instrumentation. It's neat, I like it a lot, but if you don't like sad, cozy, idie-folk, you won't like it.

The Beatles and Bowie's discography

Loveless brings me into transcendence that no other album has come close into doing

at least you tried, rather than being a pleb who just refuses and circle jerks foo fighters

You autistic meme you better listen to that record. Its life changing

The entirety of Sup Forumscore.
Well actually there is a trivial reason. I've always discovered music organically. Listening to music off a chart doesn't feel right.

have you listened to '77 Live?

Art Angels till yesterday, and It was pretty fun to be honest.
Fuck Grimesposters though.

HAHAHHA THIS IS ME LMAO SCREAMING

that album really does sound like hell

desu i never listened to nmh

same here OP
I hate feelsy indie shit and this album cover screams of that
i don't like hiphop in general

these

I love all of the radiohead albums but I cannot get into this one at all, It has 2 songs that I like, the others don't stick out to me at all, same problem with Pablo Honey and to some extent The Bends

Post hardcore as in fugazi, slint, big black. Or as in emo shit? Because you're missing out on the former

Any Sup Forumscore (besides radioedhead), rap hip hop (Kanye, Kendrick) most of the modern day esstintials. I think they're all shit. WTF happen to Sup Forums? You guys are nigger lovers now!

>You guys are nigger lovers now!

You and op are fucking up. It has a very specific atmosphere that i haven't heard anyone besides Microphones/Mr Eerie capture. Listen to this record on a rainy autumn day on with your headphones on. Dont turn your heat on for added effect. You're welcome

>Mr eerie

Mount Eerie, sorry I'm phoneposting

every anco album

Any new album by an artist I love.

this

but i think to like radiohead they have to be one of your first ever bands. if not they will always be garbage, as you will have found something better already.

i know it isn't for everyone, but i think this band is a grower more than any i've ever listened to. you will be heavily rewarded for trying.

This is the only one where you're REALLY missing out here.

Good albums, but understandable for offputting it.

Not missing anything special.

idk, I got into radiohead in my 30s and got a 30-ish year old coworker into it later on as well. something about it resonates with those days when you're in a soulless white collar job and wondering when exactly your life turned into a dilbert strip.

obvious

Give Exile on Main St. a few listens.

Mfw main singers wife died of cancer and made an album about it, pretty mundane.

anything by
>Gorillaz
>Mac Demarco
>Death Grips
>also the album in the OP even though I've heard like every other indeh-folk Sup Forumscore album

Alright, I'll give the Stones a real shot, thanks anons.

every japanese album

Minus the skits this album is amazing. Just try to hate the first track.

just listened to this and it was even worse than I expected
absolutely boring production
probably the most overrated and mediocre hip hop album I've listened to

Radiohead and neutral milk hotel

Never listened to any Sup Forumscore albums besides anco and the microphones. Have never listened to the doors, rolling stones, the clash, acdc, ramones, pink floyd, Metallica,iron maiden,radiohead, basically any thing classic like that. I do love black Sabbath though. Idk I listen o new stuff everday but I just have zero intrest in any classic stuff like that. My mom listened to alot of sabboth, guns and roses and type o negative so I heard that growing up. I do like anco alot but even hearing a few songs that are considered mu core I think it's all garbage and people really need to branch out more.

No idea why I have such a complete lack of interest in hearing DSotM

So what do you listen to? Sounds like you need to branch out more

Listen to Dirty Mind or 1999. The former has more of a New Wave/Funk sound, and the later is more synth based.

Purple Rain is his most popular album, but if you were the type of person who should start there, you would have already listened to it by now.

just folk, ambient, drone and lots of industrial and bleeps. I'm pretty damn happy been this way for more than 12 years

Do you listen to new music outside the genres or inside your listening spectrum? Because as someone who also enjoys ambient and drone, I had to be spoonfed other genres to expand my music taste.

nope because there is an endless amount of new music in my genres ( even in industrial and drone alone) to satisfy me everyday and probably forever with how much music comes out everyday. I'm just not a fan of other stuff really, won't dismiss it I suppose but I won't go out of my way for it.

This, hundred times this!
I'd say I ignore all the albums that are 24\7 on frontpage, except a few

This
I think with Radiohead if you don't like In Rainbows there's a 95% chance you won't like anything else by them.