How do you feel about me joining the navy ask me anything /b

How do you feel about me joining the navy ask me anything /b

im an ft3 on an ohio class
go subs
we are WAY more relaxed than the surface fucks
but we do work more and stand a lot more watch

How do you feel about looking out of a steelbox in an ocen that goes on for days?

terrified that our nation's security may depend on the actions of a Sup Forumstard

What rate?

Good luck, try not to die fighting for something that doesn't matter.

Too late
-EN2(S/W)

Gotta do what you gotta do Brice.

I'd rather stay home, you?

BM

This.. How many tanker ships you let hit in the last week? Fukin numbnuts

No dude. Seriously switch if you can. That's the Navy equivalent of a Marine/Army grunt.

>get it in writing if they promise you something
>be prepared to walk out of the MEPS if they don't offer you the rate you want
>make sure your PT is on point before you ship to boot camp

Fair winds and following seas, shipmate!

what do bms even do
im on subs and what is this

Ironically I'm stationed on the Fitzgerald. Not exactly what I signed up for, getting hit by ships and all...

I kinda got screwed out of every job its too late but i wanna volunteer for vbss im just looking at it as a job for 4 years and then go to school with gi bill

This. You will do all the menial labor.
But i guess its better than being unrated

ok so im an ft so i get to know all the tma and rules of the road
my question is how do you hit something when you have radar
radar arf and lrf is easy mode

That's the fag branch. Though I'm sure you are already aware and that's why you are joining.

seems like something an air force faggot would say

>vbss
Yeah this could be cool

Not everyone in the navy is gay lol

don't

Why the fuck would i feel a certain way about a total stranger joining the navy kek

Gay

Then gtfo why are you even commenting lol

Pretty much all the physical labor the ship requires that a McDonald's worker could do. Chip paint, repaint, scrub decks, raise and lower small boats, etc.

If they didn't offer anything beyond BM or your asvab is like 25, you screwed yourself by taking it. BM and Striker is shit and getting crossrated out of it in you Navy career is lucking out hard.

Lmao, the navy is a bunch of idiots. Join the Corps. Funnest decision in your life guaranteed.

do you know where you are

Don't ask don't tell prevents you from discovering the real truth. But a good lawyer will get those charges of sodomy reduced to following too closely.

Forgot to mention VBSS school is difficult to get into and pass, along the chances of a guy on his first tour getting to do anything fun in comparison to a BM that's E5 or above with experience and rep.

Don't ask don't tell isn't even a program in the Navy anymore. Besides the Air Force and Coast Guard, the Navy is the most PC branch.

I got a 94 on asvabs and 98 on dlabs and 72 on coding and they told bm was only available rate

old bosun mate here op, no worries man it's not hard and the benefits last a lifetime
I miss being at sea in the middle of the night looking at the stars

>Funnest
The few. The proud. The underfunded bulletsponges.

So Sup Forumstards no longer understand humor?

Got it.

either you or them are lying
and i dont think its them

Im not lying im not home and i could take a picture of my conscription papers but thats what they told me and i already quit my job and have no choice at this point

Then you should have waited for 6 months. but hey not my life

if u love bombing little kids great job for you!!

Can you tell me about the rate my recruiters and everyone tells me its a great job but other say im gonna be swabbing the deck and chipping paint for 4 years

Its only 4 years and i plan to go to school after im not really too worried about it i just dont want to see combat and have to kill or be killed

paint and then paint some more, love it or hate it
we always had the best hiding spots for sleeping off hangovers
stand watches when underway and man the helm
it's a helluva lot worse if you're in an engine room

Well the odds of that are low. - you are not a fucking marine.

Good plan to go to school after. Learn to code.
The military has correspondence schools

test

yay you passed

Yeah dude walk away from that. Unless it changed 99 is the highest you can go and that's like an auto-qual to be a Nuke(never do) or CTN. If you're a Sup Forums type of person, highly recommend the intel field as long as you haven't done anything wrong on a federal level. Hear they get a lot of good training that counts as college courses, plus security clearances always look good on a resume.

>hur hur i troll u
It's not funny if it's not even remotely accurate, and considering how set the tone, no.

Yeah it's only 4 years of being on a box of metal practically 24/7, having your shit stolen, being out in the burning sun scrubbing shit off decks, losing your hearing chipping paint despite the Navy's wonder Hearing Conservation Program. When I say BM is the worst, it's the worst. We make jokes about BM Chiefs leaving behind salt trails wherever they walk and consider a BM Master Chief a fucking anomaly that belongs on /x/.

If you haven't sworn in yet, tell your recruiter that you're not going to waste your 94 asvab on BM and will wait to get something better. If they want to bitch, let them. Go Coast Guard or Air Force. They're easier anyways.

Listen to this user.

Every moron that couldnt do anything else will be with you, and many will out rank you. As an intelligent person this will eat your soul

every rate swabs the decks

character development

Yeah it definitely will but honestly i wanna make the most of the navy and i wanna be positive and im gonna milk the navy and use ta and gi bill

It is not milking son, you will have earned it.

I believe its because im middle eastern joining a white mans military and thats why they gave me bm

Don't let one of the old sailors offer to take you down to the lowers of the ship to show you the golden rivet...

Perhaps.

If you get on a ship, every port that you get liberty, go explore. Eat new things, see new things. Expand as a person.

Go out there and do what I couldn't.

Be badass. Kill shit. Drink. And most importantly of all, fuck in uniform as much as you can.

Live the life I can't.

Every recruiter is gonna say ___ rate is going to be great. Nuke, EOD, and SEAL are always the big 3 they're trying to push. Does babysitting nuclear reactors on a carrier while everyone else gets to party in port, defusing bombs a child made out of RPG rounds, or being a buds drop sound fun?

>im middle eastern joining a white mans military and thats why they gave me bm
It's a fact the Navy seeks for diversity, another PC part about them. Doesn't change the fact you could be more than a BM if you want.