Let's think about it Sup Forums

Let's think about it Sup Forums
Would there have been a better way to treat the Ring instead of what the fellowship did?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

>try to put it on muh dick

Also general lord of the rings thread

Use the eagles to fly it into the volcano instead of sending chubby midgets on foot.

Obviously this

Well they probably could have used the eagles to bring the ring into mordor. The only problem would have been the flying things of the naz-ghuls which were at some point busy at minas thirit which would have given away a perfect opening for them to rush into mordor. (>implying there's not more of those things.)

and end up with some evil eagle overlord instead of sauron. the ring influences everyone. only the hobbits could resist the power of the ring for long enough to dump it.

Note that the lore implied that humans are easily corrupted, but not that hobbits are especially resistant against it.
Yes, an eagle could be corrupted, but it would take time - longer than such a flight would have taken.

Fun fact: ring in Latin is anus. The whole story is about destroying an anus. Sam destroys Frodo's anus

Now it all makes sense.

Eagles were greater spirits similar in origin to Gandalf. The more powerful you are the quicker it gets to you. The more proud you are the quicker it gets to you. The more ambitious you are the quicker it gets to you.

That's why the Shire hobbits, Sam in particular, were perfect for Ring disposal. They were without any real power, tended to be humble and were incredibly unambitious/content with their place in life whilst at the same time being loyal to a fault and possessing some level of hardy determination.

They were good enough to do the job but so turbo-pleb as to be beneath Sauron's attention.

and the ugly people losers try to trap me ugly way so ill tell there secrets and the ugly people losers outnumber everybody and cheats and smell worse then dog shit and try to hurt the ugly popular people ugly way to be better then ugly popular people ugly way so fuck this shit socitey cause the ugly people losers try to be better then ugly popular people ugly way and smell worse then dog shit and outnumber everybody and take anything and my short ugly loser father make me feel bad for being short even though he made the short babies and is shorter and uglier then me and has no life and is a fucken loser and is old and wasted his life and dont want me to do ok but the ugly people losers let him hurt me ugly way and i dont know how this short loser that is so inferiosirr to me can hurt me ugly way and read me ugly way and hurt me ugly way

so put a midget on the eagle.
my god, man, do i have to think of EVERYTHING?

The ring has a certain radius of influence.
Also saurons eye has a psychological influence which people tend to forget about. It'd probably work as anti air, especially if it layed eyes on the one holding onto the ring.

feed the ring to one of the eagles and let it dive into the lava, a worthy sacrifice.

OR

feed the ring to Sam, something tells me that fat fuck has digested darker powers in his life

Maybe the eagles would have been susceptible to the rings corruption?

Why are we Monday morning quarterbacking this shit? They got the job done. End of story.

Frodo and Sam had quite a strong "friendship", had they not?

But at the end of the day i don't like the notion that they might have been gay. Not every display of true friendship has to be gayness, people are just too afraid to show emotions when it's perfectly fine. Fuck - Sam thought Frodo died at some point...

Don't destroy my fantasy about LOTR being an ode to Anus, I'm a latent homosexual after all

I liked the part where harry and hemione and ron met on the train and got the candy with all the gold.

If putting on the ring was a core part of the hazard of possessing it, why didn't they embed it in a small lump of iron at Rivendell? It'd reduce the chance of someone recognizing it for what it was and prevent casual use.

I know Frodo winds up using it, but they couldn't have known that at the time.

Eagles?

Middle earth was stuck in a medieval lifestyle for 8,000 years. Right at the start, their weaponry was swords, spears, and armor. 8,000 years later, they were still using that weaponry. They had no machinery, no science, no industry. They heated their homes by burning wood and peat. What I'm getting at is that the inhabitants of middle earth ALL had very low intelligence. Nobody though of using the eagles, because they were shortsighted and lacking in imagination and critical thinking skills.

>8,000 years later, they were still using that weaponry
A shame, because using a precision guided delivery system, they could have launched the ring into mount doom via missile.

>The ring has a certain radius of influence.
It didn't influence Gandalf and the fucker was right next to Frodo and the ring for ages.

Gandalf is not human.

Why didn't they put the hobbits on the eagles to begin with then? Why make them walk?

No, but I always thought it would be amusing if someone took advantage of the indestructibility of evil indestructible/near indestructible objects, like putting them under heavy things to prop them up, affixing them in other things to make them more stable, incorporating them into other things, hitting things with them, ect.

Didn't it influence Boromir?

Sigh, it's like I'm the only 1 in this thread who remembers this

youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU

That was gandolf's original plan. When he fell he called out to then to "fly you fools" they mistook his meaning as to run when he intended to take then to the Eagles. When they got out of the mines they made their own plans cause he never shared his out of fear of betrayal and corruption

Thinking it was really worth a shit to anyone but Sauron did much of the influencing.

With that power I should have power too great and terrible. And over me the Ring would gain a power still greater and more deadly....Do not tempt me! For I do not wish to become like the Dark Lord himself. Yet the way of the Ring to my heart is by pity, pity for weakness and the desire of strength to do good. Do not tempt me! I dare not take it, not even to keep it safe, unused. The wish to wield it would be too great for my strength. I shall have such need of it. Great perils lie before me.

Yeah, bitch

Nigga need no bling

Never noticed how he leaves so much?

Eye of saurom wouldve spotted the eagles this is explained in the books

Would this really be effective though?

You forgot about regular Dark Lord induced armageddons that basically reset progress for everyone in the world. Melkor raped the old world every five hundred years and Sauron and Witch-King tag-teamed what was left of western Arda as hard as they could. The desolation we see as the party travels in LotR all used to be populated, but they fucking killed everyone. And then when Sauron was benched for 3000 years his Nazgul kept Gondor busy, Gondor had civil wars, took and lost Umbar like ten times in a row, got spitroasted by orcs and Easterlings, and Saruman was diddling Rohan every chance he got.

> dwarfs forging ammo
> gandalf's pyrothechnic abilities
> rampage for sure

I loved tom bombadil, I wish they included him and Goldberry in the movies....

You remember what happened to Boromir, don't you?

What was the point of these dark Lords being so destructive and evil?

It never really explained why they did what they did so much as they just did it.

By the way it's nice to see such a refreshing thread for once

Sail out a few miles throw ring in ocean
Ez

How about power hungry assholes being power hungry assholes?

Put the fucking hobbit on the fucking eagle then retard

Yea but they don't do anything other than destroy shit.

They can't rule anything if they just kill and set everything on fire.

Also, it's not like they have a heritage or their own people, they are just depressing monsters skulking around in the dark for no reason.

It's pretty stupid to be honest.

Ok might take a second. Before the world there was only the main dude Eru Ilúvatar who then through his thought created the valar then maiar (Gandalf and saruman are maiar) who together started the song of creation but Melkor(called Morgoth the elves) fucked it up for his own power blah Melkor fight the valar destroying the world until the elves awake who some he corrupts into orcs but he loses so his sidebitch Sauron takes is place. Or just read the silmarillion

sounds american

They were literally satan. Basically, Morgoth wanted to reshape the world into his own view, instead of that of Eru Ilúvatar. Sauron was Morgoth's surviving chief bastard. When not making things in his way, he wanted to destroy the creations of Eru in the dickest way possible: make them murderfuck each other.

Just because their origin is unknown doesn't mean they don't have one.
Also yes, they want to subordinate middle earth by all costs - minas morgul is a good instance of that. It was a human settlement which was lost at some point to the dark lord who just wants to rule middle earth.

All the evil shit in Lotr like Balrogs were corrupt to Melkor during the song. And Melkor is basically the devil as he was the most smart powerful and shit while Eru Ilúvatar is Christian god

along with every other reason the eagles weren't used is because they're like a giant warning light to sauron cause they are easy as fuck to spot, he would have the nazgul out fighting them within hours and the eagles would struggle to fight with people on their backs

like putting too much air in a balloon!

Melkor was the greatest of the Valar, sub-creator deities made by Eru (effectively Christian god equivalent). Eru had the Valar make music, but Melkor constantly tried to do his own thing, and some lesser Valar and Maiar (angels) started playing to his tune, turnig the music into a mess. Then Eru made the music physically manifest as Arda, and many Valar entered it to make it more beautiful. Of course, Melkor also entered it, and because he knew best he started meddling in everything and making everything worse, like, say, Aule invents fire, but them melkor makes it singe and burn, or Manwe invents wind, them Melkor comes up with hurricanes. Most of all, Melkor was pissed at being just a subcreator, and constantly tried to make new thing of his own, and progressively got more angry and spiteful when he couldn't. So he went about breaking things other had built. Like in the music, some lesser deities and angels sided with him, one of them a former Maia of Aule, Mairon, who liked to call himself Tar-Mairon (King Excellent) but everyone else called him Sauron. Sauron was a perfectionist and an order freak, and thought Melkor would make the world neat and orderly. As shit went down, the two sides of creation became two sides in open war.

tl;dr Melkor wanted to be an actual god so he invested himself into everything to the point of tainting every single thing that exists, Sauron wanted to be a supreme ruler and micromanage everything because he thought he'd be the best at it.

It's actually a shame they didn't just use Imperius and make Snape kill Saruman as soon as he turned to the ways of the Sith.

Destroy ring with plasma cutter.

In the books it was mentioned that it may have been possible to destroy the ring outside of mount doom with hot enough dragonfire, the implication seemed to be that, at least in part, high, sustained temperature was important. A plasma cutter would be more than hot enough, but that doesn't touch on the possibility of some sort of mystical effect.

Therefore, the elves would probably need to make the plasma cutter parts out of the sword Narsil.

Best thread on this motherfucker in over a year.

But what about Sauron's THAAD defense network?

That would be a serious problem. You might have to overwhelm them with a saturation attack and decoys, but that is high risk and carries the problem that the target, Mt Doom, is known. However, if bunker busters could be used first to cause multiple breakouts of lava , then there would be a greater area that could be targeted to submerge the ring in lava.

Frodo asks Gandalf why they don't just give the ring to Tom.

Gandalf says that the ring is so unimportant to Tom that he'd put it down and forget about or just lose it.

I always thought this. If it can't be destroyed, you could put it in something else to prevent people wearing it.

The influence would still be there, so anyone near it would want to get it out and "save" it. But the influence is slow working on Hobbits, so it is a valid option.

So - the ring made the wearer invisible? Why didnt Frodo use it more? The movies ducked bad....walk walk walk, fall down fight, walk walk the end ...wtf

They'd need to draw Tom in with something that would entertain him long enough for him to destroy it. It might have required booze and sexual favors, but it would have saved so many lives.

Most people responded very strongly to having a direct line of sight of the ring. Making it into a crummy looking medallion and keeping one or more decoys nearby may have helped.

It doesn't make you invisible. It shifts you into the shadow realm. So you can't be seen in our plane of existence, but you stand out like a nigger at a KKK rally in Sauron's.

Right. I mean, Gandalf actually HAS a Ring of Power, but he's smart enough to keep the thing far away from himself because he's already really powerful, and he knows how the rings corrupt powerful individuals. So a boring, powerless being like a Hobbit is perfect.

The brief time that Sam has the ring, all it has to tempt him is a vision of Mordor all lush and green and beautiful. Which really does tempt him.

That's why the ring is ineffective. They don't want to rule the world. They just want to live happily in it.