So can someone explain the american tip rules

So can someone explain the american tip rules.

where im from we rarely tip

Sure, I can explain it

then please do

tip is mandatory, the usual tip is 15-20% sometimes they have already included your tip on the tab, sometimes they havent

How do i know if they included tip?
Do i tip pizza delivery ppl
Do i tip takeaway orders
Do i tip plumber
Do i tip prostitutes

Pretty much this. It's not literally mandatory but if you don't tip and you don't have a reason, people will get pissed. I actually got banned from a restaurant once because the retard waitress fucked up and undercosted my check and it came out to where it seemed we just didn't pay the tip. I had to go back and explain to her why she's an idiot and pay her the real tip anyway.

15% is "you didn't fucked up my order"
Go higher for legitimately good service and lower if there's something obviously wrong

Yes
Yes
No
I don't know

Yes
Yes
No
Depends

You tip someone who provides a service that you are perfectly capable of doing yourself but you don't for the sake of convenience. For example.

Pizza delivery? Tip.
Plumber fixing sink? No tip.
Wait staff at a restaurant? Tip.
Auto mechanic fixing your radiator? No tip.

Minimum tip is 15% don't let tightwads tell you differently. Tip 20% if the service was satisfactory and you have the means to do it. Tip 25% if they did an amazing job and deserve it.

>where im from we rarely tip
Damn savages...

not savages, they likely just get fucked in the ass on service because it's mandatory

I just tip whatever I want
I'm poor

But what if I pick up my own pizza and/or do the waiting myself, in the restaurant. THEN WHAT HUH?

And don't forget in America tips make up a person's wage. They literally get paid by their employers less than minimum wage and tips are expected to make up for that. It's an incentive for the server to provide quality service to earn their wage. This pretty much applies only to restaurant staff as far as I know.

Then you don't tip? I'm not tipping anyone if I carry out a pizza. Bring it to my door? Well sure.

I'd say, getting fucked in the ass is a savage thing.
At least I never heard of high class, civilised, sophisticated assfucking.

People go to eat at restaurants to avoid having to cook their own food hence why you tip there.

Yeh, but what if I just strut into the restaurant, walk straight into the kitchen like "don't mind me fags" cook my food, eat, wash the dishes I used, clean the parts of their kitchen I used and then just leave money for whatever materials I ate?

I'm a delivery driver, if you don't tip and I know I'm delivering to a house that doesn't tip you've taken away all incentive of me making money or putting effort into getting there asap.

If you don't go to jail, still no tip because they didn't serve you.

Pretty much any delivery service would be tipped imo

In fact they should probably tip you for cleaning up.

so you mean, I could make a living out of randomly walking into restaurants and cleaning up?

Yes
Yes
No
Did they earn it?

You tip people in the food industry and taxis. Delivery people, waiters, valets, etc. You give money to people who can give you something in return, such as faster service, freebies, or priority over other customers

You'd think that but sometimes I'll take 10-20 deliveries and only get 2-3 dollars in tips for all of that.

Yeah you ameriafags are just retarded it its your job to fucking write down a meal and then walk it the the fucking kitchen. Your expected to do a good job with out bribes

If I got paid like 9 an hour I could be fine without tips. I get paid half of that and that's the problem.
>inb4 get another job faggot
I apply to places daily but I also go to school so I can have a career which limits my employment options.

yes
yes
yes
depends on if they're good or not

This guys got it down. I never thought of tipping the people who cleaned your room in the hotel till I dated a women who did that. Not sure if it's standard but still nice.

My first time in London people told me "don't tip unless the check is brought on a silver platter." So i didn't tip my taxi driver from the airport and he was pretty upset. I tried to explain myself and tip him but he just kept saying "no go ahead have a beer on me". Later I was told he was probably trying to swindle me because I was American. Now I tip every time. Still that guy was a dick

You tip whenever you want sex

so you basically tip when you want the tip?