Stephen king thread

Stephen king thread
What's your favourite or least favourite of his work or just what do you think of him

Fav is 11/22/63, least is Pulse

From the recent ones I really like Revival

Pulse = Cell, sorry for that

Have you read the stand?

Sorry forgot the tag

Stephen King fuckin sucks

No but got that on my list. Currently reading IT for the first time

Never read one of his books, but I like him. I live in his town and he gives a lot of money to the community. And I've read and seen interviews and things and he seems like a nice guy.

I don't like horror and it wasn't until I was an adult I realized he had books that weren't horror. So I really want to read one, but haven't got around to it yet.

Doesnt Stephen King suck ass? I am no literature expert, just asking. He seems to have a lot of fans, but at the same time i heard its just popular trash.

What makes him great and/or popular?

i liek teh one where they fuck teh liddle girl ololololololololol

The Langoliers actually wasn't that bad. Don't judge it on the TV movie.

stephen king
more like
ebin king XXXDDDDD

I've heard that of all of King's books The Stand is the best and the one most likely to taught in universities 30 years from now, but it's just too fucking long. I can't imagine reading it and not hitting a point where I get too busy and have to go a week without opening it, which completely kills stories for me. Plus, I saw the TV mini-series when I was a kid, and that vague idea of already knowing where the story is headed would ruin the need to know what happens. Shit sucks.

There's so much more to it than the TV mini-series, it's amazing.

yeah. he really doesn't write horror how people think of horror. it's horror as in a very old sense of 'horrifying', spooky campfire stuff

The mini series was pure shit, outside of casting Gary Sinise. The book is fantastic...

Favorite: Roadwork (assuming we're counting Bachman stuff)

Least Favorite: Just After Sunset

His writing for the most part is solid. Check out some of his short stories to see if you like his style.

They missed the whole first half of the book in the tv series. Reading how the world was reacting to the end was awesome. The part where the military guys took over the tv show and was killing people in game show fashion was cool

The tv series was fun to watch, but nothing to take seriously. I watched it after the book just to compare how they portrayed the main characters. There's so much more to it than that.

Dreamcatcher.
"Maybe he was hoping for a quarter from the ass fairy." is my single favorite line written in what is basically the equivalent of a AAA book.

He's not as good with words as a lot of the best writers are, but he's digestible and and one of the best living storytellers. That's why he's popular. His first several novels were also genuinely scary, though that became less and less his objective over time, even when he returns to horror. People who shit on Stephen King are usually doing so because they find him to be annoying as a person or they simply can't handle the idea that King's readers include both stupid and intelligent people. He has the best audience/quality ratio I've probably ever seen.

Favourite would be The Gunslinger in The Dark Tower series (I enjoy the series in general, it's really great, and in depth). The recently released movie was pure trash, pretty aesthetic but nothing like the books even slightly. I also enjoyed The Stand, Cell and most of his short stories.

fav Shining or Needful things
least Geralds game

The stand is one of the most terrifying mini series / stories. I think its because it could likely happen.