Why is it called chicken parm if you put mozzarella cheese on it?

Why is it called chicken parm if you put mozzarella cheese on it?

Pic related

It's probably from Parma idk

The breading is supposed to have a lot of parm in it

Because this is the outer ring of Hell.

>chicken parm
breaded chicken breast topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan or provolone cheese.

that's a milanese chicken schintzel

Gets it

Chicken mozz was already taken.

parmesan is the main seasoning of the breading, otherwise it would be something like

lol no, not even close to a milanese.

Ok smart guy

I'm italian and i assume that you call this clusterfuck "parm" because it's a derivation of a parmigiana.

A proper parmigiana is made with eggplants, and the sauce ends up more or less the way you see it in the OP.

why do italians automatically assume they know everything about "real, authentic Italian food, not the crap you other guys are eating"

YA WOT M8

Because Americans just LOVE calling things by the wrong name just to be different to the rest of the world.

It's called parmigiana di melanzane in italian.
So, eggplant parmesan.

And the reason is that you're supposed to use parmigiano reggiano cheese in it, not mozzarella you fucking burger faggot.

Maybe because real Italian food is found in Italy, which is where Italians are?
Just a thought.

He was probably a little harsh in calling that "a clusterfuck", but when you grow up eating properly and almost everywhere abroad you see overcooked pasta with ketchup as sauce or atrocious combination of ingredients, it's inevitable to get upset.

You can make it with either dipshit it's just marinara and cheese, the parm just means it is fried

You probably know what's traditional in Italian food for sure.
Italian cuisine is rather dogmatic user, you find the bad versions of it because people are trying to improve upon it or make fusion food with it. You gotta make mistakes before finding solid new dishes.

you could have an Italian's grandmother make them their favorite authentic italian dish from fresh ingredients from the backyard garden, but not tell him who made it, and he would bitch about it not being real authentic Italian food.

every single Italian thinks theyre a food expert to the point of being an asshole about it.

Muricans don't know shit about Italian food is why. They go to fucking Olive Garden.

Aw, so angry little buddy

Italians are perpetually angry. ever been to new york?

Schnitzel is dry
Prove my wrong

noice fish en shits boi
it beta be hala son

"parmesian" means "with cheese"

parmesian cheese.

You crust it in Parmesan

Italians get pissed at how foreigners cook italian dishes because foreigners make insane amount of changes while keeping the same name.

One of the nastiest examples being the chicago "pizza".
Still advertised as "pizza" even tho there's fucking nothing left that can be described as pizza about this thing.
It's more like a weird rustic pizza.
If you just change the names no italian would get pissed, but since they keep the name to fool customers into thinking they're eating something they're not.

they cook the hotdogs in water, dumbass.

>hotdogs
>schnitzel
not the same thing fyi

Nein, marinara sauce has a typical seasoning that the classic tomato sauce doesn't have.

parmesan means "from parma, italy" you autist.

did you invent pizza? why do you get to claim the name "pizza" for your dish when we have our own way of doing it over here? bread and tomatoes are not italian things.

yes, they sell hotdogs and wienerschnitzel.

See on the pizza thing I differ a bit from you.
I'm of the opinion that pizza has become an international dish, I prefer the pizzas of my home country as compared to italian pizza for example.
I think you guys have too thin of a crust and not enough of each topping, but that is because you guys don't tend to eat pizza as the main dinner item as we do where I live.

Says the guy who probably spells "color" and "meter" incorrectly.

but I mean normal schnitzel
Like the flat dry thing

>Italian cuisine is rather dogmatic user, you find the bad versions of it because people are trying to improve upon it or make fusion food with it. You gotta make mistakes before finding solid new dishes

That might be true, but that's not the problem. The "problem", is that too often the standard are too low and people just not recognize when something is not so good (and keep eating it anyway). Or maybe my standards are higher, I don't know.
And don't get me wrong, I'm pretty open minded and always try new food, but sometimes it's too much or you can see in advance that it won't be good.

Also this

shut up you tryhard faggot. Not American personally, but this Amerucuh shit just masks your own pathetic existence. Stop being jelly, m8.

they sell cheeseburgers there too...

>Italians get pissed at how foreigners cook italian dishes because foreigners make insane amount of changes while keeping the same name.

are you a muslim or are you really this autistic?
even in Italy, each region has their own variations on a dish and on top of that most Italians have a 'family' way of doing it which is unique to themselves.

or maybe your standards are really just your personal preferences but youre an angry, arrogant italian, so you think the way you like it is the correct way.

>did you invent pizza?
Yeah.
The idea of using a thin layer of bread-like base and putting ingredients on it predates pizza (you can find similiar recipes in africa and china to name two, with no connections to each other), but using the name "pizza" for it, was invented by italians.

So essentially if you fuck up a pizza to the point where it's not a pizza anymore, call it something else, the methodology of the preparation is too different at that point.
It's basically about being honest on what you're serving to the public, and not misnaming things just because another name is more popular.

You do know that pizza is an American invention, right? It was invented for the Worlds Fair in 1908 by Venitio Heller, an Italian Jew who wanted to revive Italian-Jewish-American food substance, despite the fact that authentic Italian food is shit that only tastes good when hammered...hence, wine at every meal to mask the taste.

That comes down to choosing the proper restaurant user, if you fall for the tourist bait, you can blame yourself for a bad meal.
I remember once in Firenze, me and my buddy didn't know where the proper restaurants were, so the first night we just took the first place we found.
The food was atrocious.
Then on another night, around the time Italians eat dinner, we followed a successful looking fat italian guy and sure enough he led us to a place with only 4 starters, 4 main dishes and 2 desserts. Everything was so carefully made that it didn't really matter what you chose, everything was as succulent as biting into an angel butt.

>You do know that pizza is an American invention, right?
Lel.
Italians had pizza in Naples before the Americas were even discovered.
We used Strutto, pig fat.
It didn't have tomato sauce on it, as tomato was first discovered in America.

Actually do your research before spouting nonsense.
Jesus christ your education is terrible.

And I bet you measure the water to the drop when making Ramen, eh? Shut the fuck up.

>Pizza without tomato
>Not pizza
>Originally called Mallo
Take your own advice

Who the fuck still makes ramen in 2017?
It's all about Yakisoba all day err day.

French cuisine is the only cuisine
fact

I can dismount your dumb bullshit in 2 seconds:

A pizza that does use tomato sauce, one of the most vanilla pizzas you can ever make, the Margherita, was invented in 1890.
Way before your autistic retarded 1908 claim.

Do you want me to humiliate you even further or is this enough?

Both are good, tbh. I personally like the versatility of Ramen...drain some of the broth and add some chicken....very limited on the yaki, but does taste better on it's own.

>Italians had pizza in Naples before the Americas were even discovered
>Italians had and american plant before the knew about america.
lol ok.

Margarita was invented in 1937 by Carlos "Danny" Herrera at his restaurant Rancho La Gloria, halfway between Tijuana and Rosarito, Mexico

kys you fucking retard

>implying wtc-italians are real italians

What plant?
kek

*Fried chicken is the only cuisine
FTFY

But the Margherita was actually inspired by middle eastern cuisine by the Italian soldiers in the late 1800's. And Pizza is a "pie", whereas Margharita is classified as a flavored bread dish.
Plus, you cant drink a pizza, m8.

Italo americans aren't italians, they're their own specialb reed of retarded.

tomatoes are american. pizza isnt pizza without tomatoes.

nice!

You're dumb.
Read the post again.

IT IS LITERALLY CALLED CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA ITS NOT LIKE SOME RETARD WOULD STUMBLE INTO A CHICAGO PIZZA PLACE THINKING HES GONNA GET A THIN FUCKING CRUST YOU GODDAMN IMBECILE

they always tell me theyre italian. theyre like jews, they always find a way to work their ethnicity into the conversation.

nah, Im not. you guys arent the owners of the term "pizza" just move on.

>autistic AND retarded
Sounds like someone is triggered.

Tomatoes are American? Wtf

>Margarita

This would make a nice Sunday breakfast drink

Yep, so are turnip trees.

Sounds good brb!

yes, learn history.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR LOGIC!

They're from the Americas, like potatoes and tobacco are as well.