Flat Earth

How do flat earthers account for the fact that you can travel from point a to point b by going around the earth? Is it like pac man and you just end up teleporting to the other side of the screen when you reach the edge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nD4rc8idyik
theflatearthsociety.org/forum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Clearly just travel around the edge you retard

Can't tell if reading comprehension or just typical Australian shit posting

The outer rim is an ice wall, we know this rim of ice as the North and South polar ice caps. Clearly globalist propaganda has clouded your thinking.

They believe no ever did exactly that, since it's impossible.

You should account for the fact that making a flat earth thread will get you 95% shitposts

Why did you waste your time posting this?

I saw a post about the flat earth conspiracy and I genuinely wondered how they would account for this.

what would any organization gain from supressing tons of documentation in order to trick humans into thinking the earth was round? what benefit is that to anyone?

> How do flat earthers account for the fact that you can travel from point a to point b by going around the earth?

It's something to do with being mentally deficient. Perhaps too much lead or mercury in their diet. Foetal alcohol syndrome. Something like that.

>mfw in a few years affordable orbital travel becomes real
flatters on suicide watch

Everyone knows our realm is an infinite plane, the only reason it appears rounded is because the mortal eye cannot perceive infinity.

>Is it like pac man and you just end up teleporting to the other side of the screen when you reach the edge?

You just answered your own question faggot.

Stop pretending that anyone cares about flat earth, It's >>>/X/ stuff.

An even better question: if earth is flat, then how does the global day/night cycle work?

a disc can rotate about an axis much like a sphere can

the flat earth theory was designed to be a "decoy" theory to discredit real conspiracies by using people who are very egotistical and have a skewed perception of reality that they cannot comprehend a "round" earth. even though there is many many proofs

>aussies

The "Flat Earth" is more like a globe that has been flattened from the top rather than a traditional flat map. Imagine a globe that had been peeled up from the bottom until it could lay down flat on a desk.

It still doesn't make any sense, but there you go.

I believe they usually claim that there is some sort of non-euclidean geometry, which is why when you believe you are traveling on a straight geodesic path with respect to the sphere, you are actually traveling on these curved paths which make it near impossible to reach the south pole which is where they claim the earth ends.

Like many conspiracy theories, they use math that is far beyond the average joe (or the average follower of the conspiracy theory), in this case differential geometry, to explain what would be considered obvious flaws and shortcomings of their conspiracy theory. This means that when someone attempts to disprove their theory they can always claim that person doesn't understand the underlying math. A similar but somewhat more serious example of this is the physics paper 'An exceptionally simple theory of everything' which has generated something of a cult following.

The belief in the globe suppresses the creator, the globe makes man irrelevant, a tiny speck of dust in an infinite universe.
The truth of humanity living on a purpose built construction with everything provided destroys that myth and weakens anyone's position should they be trying to enslave said population.
Not that a small percentage of people belonging to a certain religious and racial sect basically control "global finance".

>is more like a globe that has been flattened from the top rather than a traditional flat map
So it's an ellips then
Which is what fucking Earth is imagined as.
Earth is not a perfect sphere, it's an ellipsoid.
How fucking dense are you, USA?

That's true, but the sun would be still up on the whole side. Yet, the US is clearly in night when the other side of the world is in the day.

Flat earthers don't believe this though, they think everything is on the "top" side.

I'll give a serious answer.

The equator line forms a circle around the middle of the earth, if you travelled east constantly in a flat earth you would go around this circle as a compass uses poles to dictate position.

The day/night cycle is explained by a supposed spotlight sun that rotates around the earth. The moon and sun are said to be the same size.

What I did find interesting about this theory is that the Bible implies the moon and stars exist within a firmament of waters. It is scientifically possible to create a glowing star in water by using soundwaves. They claim that is the explanation behind the sun being created when God spoke "let there be light"

It is truly saddening to see all of these brainwashed round earth shills in this thread, they never seem to grasp the truth of the flat earth, even when they are continuously getting BTFO in every single argument.

I always wondered why your flag looks like an australian one. Now I know why.

Simples.

> Yet, the US is clearly in night when the other side of the world is in the day.

jewish LIES

Antarctica is the edge you retard. you ever see one of those maps with the north pole in the middle and everything else expanding out from there? thats how the earth really looks from space. Antarctica isn't a continent, its our cage

If the earth is completely flat why a ship sailing away from the shore disappear bottom-top? If it's really flat it should fade equally and that is not the case.

like this

>Antarctica isn't a continent, its our cage
Do you live back in XII century? Do you not know of a miraculous humanity creation called "airplane"?
Do you want me to enlighten you?
Like nigga just fly over it.

It is just an illusion caused by distance and perception.

hello yes i am pacman

>Flat earthers

Don't exist, it's shills trying to make the right wing look bonkers.

Have you ever been above artic poles you piece of shit ?

protip, there are Z E R O flights over Antarctica. look it up

just stretch my antartica up

timezones are complete jewish fabrication

it's invented to enable certain market strategies around the world in order to maximise profits

>look it up
Ok. Now what, smartpants?

>this

>timezones are complete jewish fabrication

Indeed, they are a lie.

Where is the sun in the sky where you live?

Daily reminder that the Flat Earth Theory is a 15 million dollar tax-payer-funded psyop to discredit right-wingers.

above me

then why did columbus not arrive in India? Checkmate atheists

if you want 100% proof of a flat earth look into "southern hemi"sphere" " flight paths

most notably auckland to buenos aires

Artificial memories, they'll sedate and condition you into believing that you went into space when really you never left the hotel.

See it's below me where I live. You are below me.

the sun rises in the east, goes over the world, sinks on the west side of the edge. As we all know, light travels only fractionally faster through air than honey flows, and so all people on earth perceive the sun to be at a different place all together.

>that pic
Trump will make america big again

You go from point a to b by drawing a big circle. Circle is so big that you feel like you are following a line.

Nobody is teleporting from sides. Government tells airplane companies to stay clear off the edges.

shut up ghost im pacman

Then how come Alaska is only dark half the year instead of the whole year?

Get your ass to mars

>no routes ever actually go over the "pole"
Try again you raging faggot.

>As we all know, light travels only fractionally faster through air than honey flows

This thread is worrying.

>the earth is a buttplug
>earth will never make your asshole gape 20,000 miles

youtube.com/watch?v=nD4rc8idyik

I hope you have a couple hours to kill.

>paid NASA shill

pay no mind my flatbros

Skip to about 1:50:00 for some interesting animations.

Can't you tell trolling by the letters?

Fuck off CIA disinfo shill.
It's even worse because OP is pretending to not be a flat earth faggot and yet he's starting a thread on this slide garbage.

Are you retarded? I was defending the flat earth theory you autistic neckbeard.

yeah sure. your autism actually helps discredit the flat earth

>Defends flat earth
>Calls someone retarded
k

and yet planes fly arcs of great circles between Australia and south America, which makes no sense in your image.

>infinite plane
There are maps of the earth's surface and you can actually go to those places depicted on maps. I have tried it myself and so far the maps have always been correct.

Also, centripetal force would force things to coalesce in to a disk. Why would "space dust" just form a spheroid if it has constant rotational force?

It's maybe not this thread itself, but the fact that the Flat Earth Society exist.

theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

It's doubtful to think that everyone on that site is there to troll.

>most notably auckland to buenos aires
An arc of a great circle? The path of least distance on a sphere?

Disprove it then.

Im assuming they are poor and have never traveled.They don't believe in pictures from space so they would have to see the world first hand to believe its not flat.

Southern hemisphere flights don't take 2x longer than northern hemisphere ones.

Let me tell you as a Geographer that maps are lying, deceitful, bastardly things and that it certainly wouldn't be difficult at all to make a accurate map of a disc world look like that of a spherical one. Certainly not if you pretend that you have to build all kinds of inacuracies into it because you can't reasonably project a sphere onto a 2D plane.

the flight path is an arc to give the illusion you are on a globe earth

if you map it on the real flat earth map the time it takes to travel between the locations makes more sense

>implying all planes fly at the same speed
>implying that all flight paths take the most direct route

hahaha, proper australia

But we have globes from hundreds of years ago

No it doesn't you nigger, on your flat earth Auckland to BA is like 3x further than London to LA, yet the first flight is 12 hours long and the second 11 hours somehow and not 4.
Do the planes all slow down in the northern hemisphere or something?

So they have extra special supersonic planes for the southern hemisphere then?

You guys are fucking bonkers

this is just earth from different angle and then making it 2D map.
if you going to fold this into 3D it's just going to be normal round earth with antrtica at the south pole.

>implying he didn't mean 2x longer on a same airplane model, flying on the same speed

really, flat earth is as retarded as letting muslims in your country.

ITT: people getting trolled in a classic, easy way

Everyone is also forgetting that on trans-oceanic flight paths, aircraft try to stay over land as long as possible, that way, if there's and emergency, the plane can (hopefully) land at a nearby airport. It might take longer, but it's safer.

thanks for proving me right retard

Explain this.

this

how dense are you?

this photo shows the chicago skyline from 52 miles away there should be over 1800 feet of curvature

globers BTFO

Yes, they have supersonic planes for the southern hemisphere.

Actually, planes fly slower in the northern hemisphere. If you've ever actually flown outside of the UK, you can watch the airspeed of the plane you're flying in. From my experience, the plane usually flies around 250-350 miles an hour. Commercial airliners have the capabilities of flying more than twice that speed.

That's funny, I'm actually a Geographer myself. You're right, I'm not saying that you can't tweak maps to depict nonsense. The burger I quoted said
>infinite plane
>infinite
Maps cannot show infinite areas. Nothing to do with Geography

>ignore my points and just bring up something else
Damage control.
>What is atmospheric refraction and a fata morgana

I flew to Iceland and the plane flew 850km/h, at its designed flight cruising speed. Or are you now saying that the 11 hour flight to LA means LA is only 3000 miles from London?

Seriously, is Flat Earthers anything but a satirizing attempt aimed at Creationists?

You need to watch the video I linked and skip to around 1:59:00. The demonstration he shows will answer that for you.

Actually wait, where is the proof this was from 52 miles away and not just from a boat some miles out? Where is the evidence?

but they don't? the moon looks the same no matter where you are on earth or otherwise

>flat earthers becoming a thing at the same time when millennials are coming out as full blown communists