Why is it that every loser plays one of these things? it's fine for a kid...

why is it that every loser plays one of these things? it's fine for a kid, but if you're over 18 and play one of these you're a fucking loser. The only exception is it was your first guitar and you keep it for feels. BUt don't pull that shit out on stage, i don't want to see your fucking christmas presents and this is isnut fucking show and tell, loser

Other urls found in this thread:

kurtsequipment.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=DmKvxYSiNnk
guitarrepairbench.com/guitar_info/guitar_capacitor.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lmao elitism within the electric guitar crowd.
How fucking sad do you have to be to take yourself seriously like that idiot?

a guitar? the brand? the type? What are you saying

Most Squiers are shit, but I actually do own a "Fat Strat" that is just as good as it's Fender counterpart, and I'm not ashamed to rock out with it on stage.

Now, I would be more inclined to agree with you if we were talking about a B.C. Rich Warlock....

(And I don't want to hear your second rate Eddie Van Halen solo wankery either!)

they're like the best thing you can get for the price as a starter guitar or for cheap people.

& if you couldn't read the headstock you wouldn't tell the difference anyhow
STFU

or did you pay 4 grand for a guitar, still suck & hate to see somebody play a cheapo & make it sound good because you can't buy talent asshole

Pic related: it's you op

I have a Galveston. Those any good?

Honestly, If you can't make a Squier sound good then you don't deserve a more expensive guitar.

Are guitarfags actual elitists when it comes to brands? Because they're all still expensive to me, locally made instruments are the most affordable way to go

Guitarists will spend $100 for 2 caps so it's clear they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

I read somewhere kurt cobain liked to play the shittierst mexican knock off guitars he could find

ok dad

Never been a huge Fender fan due to the necks but i love the sound fender strats have. Reason why u bought a Jackson with a neck that suits me but has that strat/super strat sound. I've always been a Les Paul guy because its my personal "perfection" in a guitar. People who dont like Fender strats are people who are mostly Metal guitarist.

OP is an idiot.

I play my fucking dad's christmas present from 1978, come at me

Pretty much, especially if it's a Strat or a Tele because the entire point of those two is being able to get nearly any tone you want. Hell, with three pedals, a Strat and some creativity, you can pretty much make shoegaze on a shoestring budget; and that's the one everyone thinks they need to be fucking Kevin Shields to pull off. If you can't make a Squier Strat sound good with enough tinkering (changing pickups, strings, setting up pedals...), then honestly stick to it for now.

why do you care what guitar someone plays? the only thing that matters is that theyre getting the desired sound out of it

there are some jap and koeran squiers (pro tone) that are totally worth it, albeit they're more expensive and harder to find than your typical squiers, but still.

Are you saying you hate the brand or the 'strat' shape of the guitar?

Honestly, as long as it stays in tune, i couldn't give a shit if it's being fed through pedals anyhow

He liked jap ones, jap fenders are better than American fenders for less price.

I made all of my music with a squire and I have a record deal and turned music into my profession with it

In terms of gear your much better off putting your money into an amp and a mic than a guitar. Most guitars sound the same anyway

tfw 20 yo and it's my first and only guitar, although I plan to buy Vintage Modified Jaguar

lol @ all these squier apologists

Squier guitars are toys. They're for little kids to learn how to play guitar on. Nobody actually uses Squier during live gigs or in the studio.

Prove it.

>you need a PROFESSIONAL guitar to play

>As he plays stairway to heaven on his $2000 chapman strat copy

skill makes the player, not the tool

why do you sad people have to reply to every troll thread?

Fender isn't even selling normal Jaguars in Europe so you have to buy a Squier.

I don't give a fuck about that, even if Fender Jags were more available in my country I couldn't afford one. I have to buy VM and then replace its bridge with staytrem

MOMMA LOOK AT ALL THE POORFAGS SUFFERING FROM POORFAG SYNDROME.

I'd like to see you build a better guitar.

"Normal Jaguars" haven't been a thing since 1975. Every Jaguar since then has been Japanese, Mexican, or Squier.

go back to /gg/ roman

that was quick boy

Not really : kurtsequipment.com/

Honestly I'm just dropping obvious bait and watching the gobblers for fun at this point, it's so beyond ridiculous.

It's almost like they're all just sitting around waiting for me to show up or something. We need to all get a day job I think.

Sup roman you know its me jcm900fag

>why do you care
>why are you so up tight about the water of guitar brands

The parts are just assembled in a diffrent country there's no difference in quality

Guitar players are some of the best consumers on the planet. It's easy to convince them that they'll play better if they spend money on expensive guitars and equipment, especially beginners or beginner-intermediate players who think it's their guitar holding them back and not their lack of practice.

Vid related is a $150 guitar, even cheaper than a Squier:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmKvxYSiNnk

this

>nice digits

not op but I have two guitars a Gretsch New Yorker, and a Carvin sc90 and stairway to heaven has never sounded better

i thought about getting one when i gig cause id fucking be pissed if my american telecaster got stolen.

B-but Grimes plays one.

>caps
?
Hats? Capos?

>not knowing caps

so caps are capacitors within the pickups and you can change your tone slightly by switching them out

>also grimes is a shit artist and guitarist

>not knowing caps
And you were agreeing with a poster who thinks guitarists are elitist?

No he played Japanese ones because they were easier to find in left handed models

if you posted in a thread about trumpets and didnt know what valves were you'd be laughed at, know the instrument if you plan to discuss it

Make/Model of the guitar don't matter as long as you have a good neck with clean frets. With a little work and understanding of electronics you can make a garbage guitar sound amazing.

>didnt know what valves were
How is that at all relevant? I know what capacitors are. Your use of the word "caps" without any previous mentioning of guitar internals is what we're discussing at this point. You saw an opportunity to paint yourself as knowlegeable by being unclear and pouncing on anyone asking for clarification. I'm glad that you have found a formula to ensure that you feel good about yourself, however fleeting that feeling may be.

also, capacitors are not within the pickups, they are attached to the tone potentiometer. Their function is to roll off treble. The thing about expensive capacitors is that if you play with your tone knob all the way open, there is no reason for you to even have the capacitor. furthermore the resistance given by the capacitor has a numeric value, and no matter how expensive the capacitor the numeric value of resistance is identical in a cheap capacitor of the same resistance value. it's a matter of current, not magic gear.

>Venom
fucking lol

>within the pickups
Oh shit, son! Can't believe I let that slide. See:

The Squier Vintage Modifies series was good. Look it up. More expensive than your average Squier tho. Hell, I'd play one now and I've been playing for 8 years.

Because I'm not bringing my expensive Gibsons or extremely rare vintage shit on tours like some fucking retard.

I don't know how they sound but after checking on ebay I can tell you this: for the same price you can get an Ibanez, which is an entry pro level guitar. Many guitarists like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, etc. use them

No, but Jack White did for "muh hipsterism"

Literally just completed a month tour with my modded squier strat. I own 8 guitars.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

why does everyone always fall for this b8

i would only play one on stage to smash it at the end of the show

Squiers MIJ in the early 80s are quite decent
Squiers made in the 90s are utter shit
Squiers made after about 05 are quite good and the Classic Vibe Squiers are excellent

unironically this.
start making your own instruments you faggots

Nothin' wrong with a good Squier, a classic vibe is similar to a MIM Fender, the guy who manages Squier used to manage Custom Shop, if I had to choose, I'd choose the Squier, if something happened to a MIM Fender, I'd be at a bigger loss for something so similar.

I'm studying Jazz performance, I didn't notice the difference between a student instrument and a professional guitar's sound until the end of my first year. There's no point in dropping cash off in something you can't fully appreciate. Other smaller details in the feeling you can't notice being a novice, it wasn't until I got serious and was practicing 4 -6 hours a day I noticed how shit my €200 guitar was ( it was a Cort), I just finished saving up for a 'pro' level guitar. A teacher said to us "there is no shortcut or other option to good gear, you just gotta get it, when I was 18 I was doing all sorts of shit jobs to get my first good bass".

> . Other smaller details in the feeling you can't notice being a novice, it wasn't until I got serious and was practicing 4 -6 hours a day I noticed how shit my €200 guitar was

What kind of details did you notice?

Pretty Accurate. MIJ Squiers were the same guitars as MIJ Fenders being made at the same time; they're pretty nice and can still be found for cheap. The Mexican Squiers from the early 90s were just MIM standards and they're also pretty good. The Korean Squier II models are hit and miss, but some are nice. The Japanese Vista series are good, too. The higher end ones currently made (Vintage Modified, Classic Vibe, etc.) are also nice and stand up pretty well to cheaper Fender models. Even some of their cheap stuff can be decent, especially as a modding platform.

THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE LIVES ON

I know its a bait thread and good job
but I fail to see why the brand of a guitar or its place of construction is relevant to its worth

they are all fucking pieces of wood in the end

but muh luthiers vs mass-produced chink shit

>if you play with your tone knob all the way open, there is no reason for you to even have the capacitor

might be nice if you actually knew what you were talking about

if you remove the tone pot and cap it wont sound like the tone knob is on 10 anymore, it will sound totally different

I grew more sensitive to individual fret heights and tension in strings. The easy one is also fret ends and fret sprout, I never cared when I started, but later on I could really feel it, when I got on a teachers American Reissue Fender or whatever boutique thing they had, I noticed that it was just so smooth, it also just felt tighter.

I do suppose sound is one of the biggest things. I was getting frustrated with how out of tune a single fret was or just how dead some where compared to the others, not in the huge deadspot way, but some notes were just slightly, some were more or less etc.. Also the slightest buzzing in some frets I never heard before, even though the frets in that region were supposed to be level...

They are all wood, but it's price in manufacturing and other expensive/ cheap materials that do

With brands you pay for endorsements. When you buy a fender strat, some of your money goes to the likes of Clapton..

Countries has only to do with labour cost

You just have bad OCD
Real guitar players arent obsessed with such stupid shit

hey its me pink floyd

Don't try to sound superior when you don't know what you're talking about, either.

The reason for the difference in sound you're talking about is the potentiometer. The cap is there to act in conjunction with the pot as a treble rolloff (with no cap, it would just control volume). Even at 10, the signal is going through resistance; when you remove the tone circuit entirely (pot and cap), there's a difference because there's no more resistance at all. The cap has nothing to do with it.

totally wrong

i'll reiterate, might be nice if you actually knew what you were talking about.

>Jack White
>not Zorro on Doughnuts
for shame user

>totally wrong
Really? Explain how, because this is pretty basic stuff.

guitarrepairbench.com/guitar_info/guitar_capacitor.html

will they ever learn senpaitachi

Dude you can just pay a good guitar tech to sort all those issues out for you. Frets can be levelled, sharp edges can be smoothed down, etc. I've played American Strats side by side with Squiers upgraded with American hardware + a good setup and I couldn't tell the difference.

>I couldn't tell the difference
lol no of course you couldn't

Not everyone can be a pro jazzman suffering from severe mental illness.

>setting arbitrary limits on what is and isn't possible

I got a Squier, but I've still got to learn on it.

I can agree with this from seeing a lot of beginners in guitar shops. I would assume some beginner guitarists buy more expensive guitars because the higher end choices feel better in the shop; whilst they never think about customizing.

He's still better at guitar than any of you plebs though.

the new Squires beat the low end Fenders now OP

p much agree the ideal is to own a swamp ash body + ebony fretboard

This, desu. When I started out I already had myself a Gibson LP studio and used to bully all the poor fags. For my 17th birthday my parents gave me a Musicman but it WASN'T EVEN THE COLOUR I WANTED I HATE THEM FOR RUINING MY LIFE FAGGOTS. Now I play a Suhr and make sure I just jump up on stage of small venues and start laughing on the mic at the poor idiot hipster guitarists with Squiers & Epiphones. Once I got thrown out of by a bouncer

My Squier shits all over you, OP

you tell lies homo

Why do so many of you idiots fall for this obvious low-tier bait?

>Paying for MIA shit.
Lmao, sure thing, dad.

they just can't seem to help themselves senpaitachi

I think you mean MY SQUIRE family.

How long have you been waiting for me to post to do this lel

I've saved every gear pic ever posted on Sup Forums, I have thousands of them. Yours sticks out in my collection because it's particularly depressing to look at.

You're the Chris-Chan equivalent of gear posters, congratulations.