Why do people like Rick and Morty? It's not funny, and the characters are annoying...

Why do people like Rick and Morty? It's not funny, and the characters are annoying. Constant burping and stuttering and saying their names. Just awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=64bkjxKTbjY
youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yep show is shit

I'm asking why people like it you fuck

Indeed

You prefer pewdiepie instead? Or maybe a hot cup of JOHN CENA *9001 DECIBLE SUPER SLAM* or maybe a nice Teen Titans Go is more you humour. Of course maybe you kek it up with some David Attenborough documentaries because you have no soul

this

I refuse to belive you can be so dumb

Well because people find it funny.

Interesting concepts about existence, science and philosophy handled in a down to earth way. I dont always want to listen to Alan Watts and Lawrence Krauss when I want philosophy and science

because it's funny and kinda childish and not childish at the same time

It is so funny! PICKLE RICK! WABALUBA! HHAAAHAAAAA

god forbid people enjoying a cathartic escapade into the ultimately trivial and unfair existence we live

Replace "wow that's pretty deep" with a "kek" and it's more realistic. But it also makes you look like a flaming retard to not kek at insults. It's become human nature to laugh at blatantly insulting swears. Don't rock the boat or we'll all drown in a sea of shit like Jeff Dunham's and Dimitri Martin's skit shows on comedy Central. Do you want all shows to be that? NOOOOOOOOO? Then shut the fuck up and go watch big brother till the sluts have half mutant miscarriages on camera. Fjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjffjfjfjfjfjfjfiffidididjdjsnsdjdjdjxjdieidj

because i have a short attention span and the scene changing every 3 minutes is easy to watch

>hating on rick and morty using a rick and morty reaction pic from cancergenerator.net
i can almost see a 9gag watermark

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>It's not funny
I always have an issue with people who simply dismiss a comedy show because it's not funny...now i know that sounds stupid at first but a comedy show can be plenty entertaining without making you laugh.
Excluding the first episode of season 3 i don't think i've laughed out loud at any episode but i still find it hugely entertaining...overhyped sure, but still definitely worth 22 minutes of my week.

In the end it's personal preference. I personally can't stand the office yet there are people who'd have me strung up for such blasphemy; different strokes for different folks

I think it's just "cool" now to hate on Rick & Morty by edgy teens these days just because it became more popular.

People didn't say shit in the first 2 seasons and it literally keeps doing the same equation.

Why do you like ice cream? Some find it too sweet, others add chocolate fudge to make it sweeter. Mankind is diverse. I don't like it either but you either deal with it or attempt mass genocide of the human race. I'm down with the latter if you are

Because I'm depressed drunk and I relate to rick in some aspects.

May a thousand tiny Rick's suffocate you in your sleep

Aww, careful not to upset this kid.

I guess you just don't get the sarcasm, that's okay watch something else.

You're literally aids. Alan Watts and Lawrence Krauss appeal to the most basic bitch reddit tier philosphy posers rick and morty is just their same points peppered with what the average adderall/weed/painkiller/ssri and netflix numbed 2017 zombie finds comical. Kill yourself if you could.

>"Anyone who dislikes something that happens to be popular is just jealous and edgy! haha!"

No you fucktard. People are allowed to dislike things. I've watched several episodes from each season, and it was bad in my opinion. OP is trying to have fans of the show justify how it is funny, which is obvious bait and all of the Sup Forumstard RandM fans are falling for it.

He's a total cocksmith

I like drugs , so I really enjoy the visuals and effects , I like sci fi , I consider myself smart to see some messages the characters are trying to pass on (for example rick is not happy and knows life is fragile so he chooses to spend precious time with his family even if he is in great pain and probably dying) and I like every comedy that is 20 minutes , from South Park and Futurama to TBBT and two and a half men .

BUUUUUUUUUURP

Let's hear it then - what do you consider good?

I don't think you know how to use the word literal correctly

it took me several tries to get into the show. honestly it wasn't until season 3 that I started really liking the show. I've seen most of them now, several times. I love how rick really gives no fucks about anything

The humour of pickle Rick is we all thought it can't possible be funny and theirs no reason for it to be but they somehow SOMEHOW made it make sense. Why did it make sense. What else is so helpless it can't go to a therapy session? It could have been any object like a pencil or a rock but I assume they threw words around the room when making the episode and pickle Rick had a ring to it and sounded good. No reason for the pickle other than a pickle can't do shit and pickle is a funny sounding word. That's why the episode exists. Better was a faggot though she should have said okay to putting rick in her purse and been done with it.

Oh please just let your elitist high-horse fuck you right in your ass. I'm sure you are enlightened by the likes of Alex Jones

He also thinks Nig de ger Tyson is a great scientist

It's tv. What the fuck were you expecting?

>pickle is a funny sounding word
>smart philosophical cartoon for man-children

Literally anything else.

great science communicator yes, like Sagan and Nye (pre-SJW) before him

No, you stupid fucking pleb.

This show became more popular and it has more weight in the media, therefore edgy fuckface kids like you are being edgy by saying that it is bad, which is completely wrong. This show is not bad. Even if you don't like it, it doesn't make it any less good.

The animation is good, the sound effects are good, soundtrack is good, voice acting is good, themes are good. Even unbiased sites full of (professional) critics give the show more than 9/10. So shut the fuck up.

And yeah it might be bait, but you're all still wrong edgy kids and I'm calling you fucks out for it. Grow the fuck up.

Enjoy your new favourite anime.
youtube.com/watch?v=64bkjxKTbjY

OSCILLATING RICK! HAHAH!

Although , I must say that the fan base is basically retards and autists who have no comprehension of science and just want something flashy to waste their time on .

I watched it from the get go with friends, when season 1 came out and I hated it then. Season 2 came out, friends wanted to watch it so I did. I hated it. Season 3 came out I said fuck this, I'm done "giving it a shot" after 2 seasons I disliked.

nice argument, faggot.

IM PICKLE RICK!

Oh my god you should've said so! Your friends liked it but you didn't! So they're wrong and you're right!

That's how retarded you sound, faggot.

Third season is best season imo

Are you confused who you are speaking with? I never said the show is bad, I said I don't like it. Are you that fucking retarded or unable to read English?

PICKLE RICK!

So what your saying is Rtards will be Rtards.
A 4channer will lightly kek at every insult but spend most of his effort ranting about how women are unfunny cunts that ruin everything and how Jewish niggers are taking over television

So why are you replying to the argument I made against the other poster? Retard.

Still, you have shitty taste and you should kill yourself.

PICKLE RICK!

Rick and Morty is just the cartoon form of Big Bang Theory.

Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't!

I do say that I cannot make fun of that and neither can anyone here because we are all like that. Now that I've been here for 5 minutes I'm going to YouTube to watch the latest dragon Ball super while smoking weed

This show is for literal man children! HAHA PICKLE RICK!

>god forbid people enjoying a cathartic escapade into the ultimately trivial and unfair existence we live
So then tell me, how do you feel about the big bang theory?

We have this thread every other week come on OP

To be fair, any cartoon shows with "adult humor" so to say, like Family Guy, Rick and Morty, are shows for the autisctic kids to calm down after a panic attack. If you watch childish shit like this, what are you doing with your life?

not even a valid analog. Defend your position or gtfo

The joke is people laugh at anything you idiot the show is satire of super "deep" shows

oh yes, even better analog...Family Guy... kys

BAZINGA!

See? Both have catchphrases. PICKLE RIIIIICK

This. People bitch about how it sucks now but it's just different just like how season two was different than one. They're trying to change it up each season like. After the next season I think they'll have a handle on what works and what gets reactions. They'll make the episodes better but put in one thing that'll make people lose their shit. They're getting people to talk about a good show by making the starting point how they fucked up with this "but all of this was funny as shit when they did this it was fucking perfect."
Now because of the shitty parts the show gets word of mouth

>implying because it's drawn implies that it's necessarily aimed at children

>nig de ger

R&M complicates and dis-empowers the catchphrase cliche, while BBT embraces. Your analog fails again

youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs

still enjoy the show but dan harmon is the reason its getting real fucking gay

>not even a valid analog.
You're fucking stupid. You said
>god forbid people enjoying a cathartic escapade
And I compared that to some people watch the big bang theory for the same reason, yet that show gets dumped on more than rick and morty.

Youre on a fucking japanese anime image board

>hating people who like rick and morty
>hating those who answer my question
>being mad because People like what I dont
>being and edgelord on fucking Sup Forums

What are you? 16?

By your logic, hentai is for autistic children too.

It's not a smart philosophical cartoon it's just an adult cartoon stop thinking your a genius for watching ten seconds and saying "Durr I get it this is a stupid smart people show" then turning the channel to discovery or the learning channel to pretend watching abusive plastic sluts put miniskirts on their 4 year old makes you a smarter American and therefore better than people watching "cartoon Network"
>Lololokekekekekeloekoelkkeoelekoelulzlulzlulz their channel is called cartoon amd mine is called learning I'm am is as smart now huehuehuehuehuehue

Can you explain the appeal? I tried watching a few episodes and just had to stop halfway through each. Is the plot interesting? Is there some clever satire?

I'm here an hour a day browsing for humor, you're in a thread, in a "Japanese image board" defending a cartoon you watch, what's your point?

If people get catharsis from BBT, that's fine. BBT really does not address the triviality, meaninglessness, and unfairness of existence at all afaik and thus is still an analog

I watched it for the first time last night I thought it was alright

You are the reason people hate Rick and Morty fans.

>implying I watch any of that shit

because they have different taste from you

>be me
>don't like thing
>other people like thing
>b-but I don't like it
>I don't understand, how can they like something I don't?
>go on 4chen
>tell everyone that thing is stupid
>masturbate furiously

yes every show is big bang theory

Hentai is cancer, so is anime, so yeah I guess you could say that

riiiiiiiiight

Exactly, and the last episode was LITERALLY (this is the right use of the word for the literal faggot who sucks dicks and keeps using this term wrong) the best score so far with a 9.9. A

Pic related, all the episodes so far with that score.. couldn't find it in English.

I was being sarcastic, dumbass.

Post yfw the Pickle Rick episode only made OPs opinion more valid

>Without it, these discussions would exist

WABALABA = BAZINGA

people like the show because they think it places them above others as a higher level of intelligence for whatever reason. My dumb as shit ex gf always made me watch it with her and I dumped her ass when she started talking about how stupid it is to get married and to have kids or about how God doesn't exist, now she's broke and depressed and I don't have to deal with her. Don't watch the show

It was what we like to call a "comedy". Comedies are "television shows" people find. Not everyone has the same sense of humor or tastes. Some people find thus a difficult concept, so they like to bitch about what they perceive as not funny. However, the normal thing to do is not bitch about a show that triggers you, and instead watch something you like

>triviality, meaninglessness, and unfairness of existence
So are you saying that since you're a little emo shit that's suicidal, you're smarter than the rest of society?

Some episodes are ok imo but 90% of the show is filler episodes.

notice how all other shows characters had to be downgraded in terms of realism until they matched the cartoon style of Rick and Morty

Marriage is stupid, there is no evidence of god, and Kids are solely a personal choice.

I just assume anyone that evangelically hates the show is a religious nut.

>blames a tv show for your shitty relationship
>mfw

Not suicidal at all tyvm. life is demonstrably trivial

>Rick and Morty
>PICKLE RICK! WABALABA!
"HAHAHA SO FUNNY"
>Big Bang Theory
>Windws 7 Penny! BAZINGA!
"):< not funny!"