Musicfags show me what you got. what DAW you use? what kind of music you make

musicfags show me what you got. what DAW you use? what kind of music you make.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MD6oDnm43HA
youtube.com/watch?v=lsuBYPhi7_8
rateyourmusic.com/~opus84
clyp.it/dipazcid
shop.presonus.com/products/studio-one-prods/Studio-One-3-Prime#
soundcloud.com/unarmedrobber/beluga-dance-demo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrIFCpHJOMc
youtube.com/watch?v=I93Vitp8MIY&ab_channel=ScottyRussellMusic
youtube.com/watch?v=nMAIMSQ8A18&ab_channel=ScottyRussellMusic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let's just make this absolutely clear one last time.

If we see you using the nazi salute, we beat your ass.

If we see you wearing robe and hood, we beat your ass.

If we catch you organizing rallies for white supremacy, we beat your ass.

You asked for this, fascist Trumpcunts. There will be no wall. There will be no muslim ban. There will be no ban at all.

If we catch you Trumpcunts trying to impose fascism on our soil, or attempting in any way to subvert the Constitution, we will BEAT YOUR ASS.

That is a direct THREAT, kids. Don't fuck around with the left. We will bury you all over again. Your monuments have been melted into ore, your bodies can be thrown into those same graves.

We'll give you another Civil War and leave the South a charred, blackened ruin. We run this entire country, we always have and we always will.

Keep this in mind, losers. Grow up and WATCH YOUR ASSES.

Bad bait loser

Trump must die and you need to shut your big violent mouth.

yup. that was pretty gay

no musicians here? really?

Nigger
Neger
Negro

Mac Logic, piano

what genre?

Ardour plus various plugins written by myself. Ambient and Dubstep. Linuxfag here.

I've never heard of Ardour. I like the look of the interface though

I use mario paint running on a toaster, I ghost produce for most major DJs.

show pic

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MD6oDnm43HA

It's very good if you want to go the open source route, but it's admittedly still inferior to proprietary alternatives like Ableton or FL in terms of functionality.

sorry cant due to contractual obligations, I have a top of the line toaster I can assure you of that though.

... but that's a manji - that's not a swastika?

Sonar Platinum

It looks hella decent for open source. I paid $400 for the one I use now but it's well worth it.

Sonar was my first DAW back when they went by the name Cakewalk. What genre?

Techno

Ableton Live
NI Maschine Studio
APC40

How do you work around the latency problem with ableton? I was messing around with V9 and it wouldn't let me turn down the buffer enough to be able to record MIDI in real time.

I believe you

literally use another DAW, there is no work around if you dont have the latest version with it fixed.

Never had latency problems. usually working with 512.

oh I'm talking about plugin delay compensation not sample rate latency, use ASIO as your audio device

Use an audio interface with direct feedback.

Im using Presonus now. I really like it except there is no MIDI note randomizer. I can't even find a 3rd party VST thing that actually works

studio one is a great DAW for live audio but still has a way to go before its really up to par for production purposes. I feel like in a few years it will be an excellent DAW though.

no problems there since i d not work with asio..

What do you use?

I make ambient music so I really like the way multi-instrument building is done in presonus. It's only at version 3 and already competitive.

Its seems that you are really convinced your way is the best way.
Witch make's you a facist.
So
KYS
faggot

Presonus. Used to use Ableton, Sonar

oh that faggot? i already forgot about him

Orchestral and new age.

Korg Kronos X
Alesis Fusion 8HD
Ableton Live
Pro Tools

Ableton AND Protools? You must be a richfag

Pro tools, mostly metal, some dark ambiance, overall bretty gud

I got that organ for $17

Ableton live, fl studio. I make lo fi hiphop, synthwave, and some random experimental shit.

Used Ableton almost exclusively for years, then did some studio work in a Pro Tools environment. The producers hooked us all up with the software so I didn't have to shell out the cash for it.

which do you like better?

I'm currently using Fruityloops as a temporary fix before moving on to Cubase
Otherwise, my trusty synth and audacity
youtube.com/watch?v=lsuBYPhi7_8

I have a synthesizer.
Yamaha moxo8
I wand to record with it. but i don't know how.
Can't find anything on the internet.
So i thought maybe there is a program.
That can help me out.
Can any of you Sup Forumsro's help a fellow faggot out?

It is the Yamaha mox8
Not moxo8

If you've never used a DAW you are going to have to watch video tutorials and learn from there. You have mac or pc?

Fl studio, soundfonts and kontakt.
>inb4 "are you toby fox?"

I would look for a guide on a forum if its that obscure. Alternatively you could use a DAW as your recording platform and just use the mox for sounds until you figure it out. Sometimes with this stuff you just gotta dick around with it until you figure it out if there is no good info.

old transistor organs are literally worthless, nice to have one though

Is there not an line-out? If not you can add one. "8-bit Keys" goes a bit more in depth about it. Go watch his video

>implying he didn't pirate

its 4 in 2 out with usb actually, all he needs to do is hook it up and use it as a sound device in a DAW.

only artfags like me want them

antifag is gone! great jearb anons!

I often use Ableton Live.
I do noise, ambient, experimental, """"IDM"""", but I want to start getting into songwriting too.

you a Brian Eno or Neubauten fan?

Both! Yes! I love them. I have an RYM if you care to look at my questionable taste.
rateyourmusic.com/~opus84

I mainly use audacity, a little bit of nero wave editor (2007 edition), windows sound recorder (for reversing) and microsoft sam.

and I produce gay techno remixes, using 80% fucking noises

clyp.it/dipazcid

it's a bit cacophonous in places
you could work on the dynamics and expression
the break at 31 is a bit too sudden and it kind of doesn't go anywhere.

I know boards of canada. didnt recognize other obscure stuff. How bout death in june?

Haven't heard! What genre?

neofolk. totally awesome

Ah man, I need to check them out! Folk anything is my alley.

also check out Harvest Rain and Backworld

and Harmony Garden

Yes i have a pc
Do you have different daw programs?
And if you have.
Witch one is the easy to use with a Yamaha MOX8 ?

listen to my short work

clyp.it/dipazcid

download the free version of one of the major DAW's. I recommend this one shop.presonus.com/products/studio-one-prods/Studio-One-3-Prime#
you will still need to watch tutorials to get to know how to use this software. look on youtube. lots of stuff there

sexy nigars

Alright
thanks user for the help

hey! good advice thanks. I think mostly the cacophony is the rhythm being uneven. As for the break the suddenness is the idea, but it's actually not exactly a rhythmically sound transition

yeah. mainly use ableton but it doesn't really fit my workflow. fl studio is magic for quickly sketching out ideas and experimenting, but everytime they update they reprogram everything and break whatever went before. So I have seven different versions installed and accidentally saving a file in the wrong version breaks it forever, Haven't really used it in the past few years apart from twisting samples (which it does so well, or at least used to)

the abrupt transition is fine, but it kind of stays on one straight line in terms of dynamic. the cacophony comes from too many layerd chords that occasionaly blend into each other (sustained) and create off dissonances. i'd say a bit of reduction can make a huge difference. if you simply cut down on notes playing simultaneously around the middle, you get clearity.

Are you me??? How long have you had the APC 40 - any issues with it??

here's some of mine

soundcloud.com/unarmedrobber/beluga-dance-demo

occasionally, I'll get massive input lag from my keyboard, but it usually sorts itself out after minute or two or a restart. (Not great for relying on live) but it's not usually an issue

as far as playing to a metronome? is it doable?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrIFCpHJOMc

Ableton

Yeah, there's even a metronome built into the program iirc. and there's a setting for delay compensation if you really need it.
The problem I get is probably system specific. Literally a second before the input is registered, rendering it absolutely unplayable. but once everything loops a few times it disappears and it only happens very rarely on initial startup.

sounds good

got a 9mm dor you scum

There's this thing called Musescore, faggot.

I g00gled "musescorefaggot", but i couldn't find anything.

you forgot the comma

stop being gay

>jew with a swastika

i bet you cant even read music faggot

hell no I cant! How many can?

I use cubase and make hardcore

Only superior human beings have the ability to read and compose music.

perfect pitch is the thing that impresses the hell out of me

cubase since 95, ableton also since 2005
recent techno thing
youtube.com/watch?v=I93Vitp8MIY&ab_channel=ScottyRussellMusic

tbh it takes a lot of talent to write a song without any musical education so props to you

good!

also me, youtube.com/watch?v=nMAIMSQ8A18&ab_channel=ScottyRussellMusic this is quite likeable

cheers bro

you got any links of your stuff?

Thanks to this thread I've just found a mashup I did years ago that's verging on perfect that I didn't think I had it recorded.

I use Cubase. I just like it's layout more than PT