youtube.com/watch?v=kBjudP59rmM&t=4s
vimeo.com/227201999
sendvid.com/40vetu8q
vocaroo.com/i/s1Rqf123nwPG
55chan.org/mu/src/1502690992859.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=6YO4rC3ZB7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 make a living off or monetize tired old licks

So how do I go about converting my brain to playing bitching jazz lines instead of generic pentatonic fuckery?

youtube.com/watch?v=TRwCqSERUMM

Is there any way to make humbuckers have the same "bite" as the Tele in this video or can that trebly sound only be achieved through single coils?

Also has anyone tried G&L's Z-coils? They're apparently single coils wired in a way that cancels out the hum. Seems pretty nifty.

Mind giving feedback on the guitar on my friend's song?

mixcloud.com/Edable/loose-canon-monday-7th-august-2017-242/ song starts at 1:28:00

Help! Am I saying these right?
>Charvel
Shar 'velle
>Suhr
Sher
>Ibanez
Ee 'bahn ez
>Steinberger
Steenburger
>Takamine
Take a mine (and I'll take a yours)
>Schecter
Skekter
>Kramer
Crammer
>Hamer
Hammer
>Gibson
Jibson
>Fender
Fon 'day
>Les Paul
Lay Pole

I'd really appreciate any feedback on the song.

Treble booster. Though the end result will depend massively on the amp it's going in to.

I like the mirror edition but either way that sticker is coming off. No stickers on my baseball cap and for damn sure none on my Ric! Kinda wish they would use a darker wood for the fretboard, tho.

I just bought a cool modded strat with a Floyd Rose Special. It didn't come with an arm, but I had an extra lying around. I tried to put it in, but the little plastic part won't fit in the hole. Any fixes?

>Adolph, I think it needs a bigger pickguard!

I don't know how to skip forward on the recording

Yall miss me?

UMMAAA

DELICIAAAA

>not wanting a les paul standard after watching that vid
deaf + plebe

One man's "thick creamy tone" is another man's mud.

>BRAAAAP
lelz

pare de se passar por mim, gordão

Anyone try an infinite jets yet?

I'm about to cancel the order for the particle and order this instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBjudP59rmM&t=4s

Você come algo além da sopa

You put too much effort into that b8 m8

sim, eu como a bunda de americano baitola

It wasnt effort it was autism. That is something that comes naturally to him.

sim, eu como a bunda de americano baitola

vimeo.com/227201999

I'd also like to know this.

t. have been listening to a shitload of West Montgomery recently

Keep listening to Wes and jazz in general. Kenny Burrel is a must obviously. Try to copy the sounds and ideas. Play around with different scales.

sendvid.com/40vetu8q

For anyone who needs it:
Are you questioning your musical life? Do you feel there’s no way you’ll ever shred faster, play cleaner, or write a good song?
Fear not, guitar friend. We all feel that way sometimes.
The truth is, self-doubt is completely normal, especially for musicians, and I believe it’s actually necessary to project us to the place we’re meant to arrive. If times never got tough, we’d never know what it felt like when things were going well. In fact, you should consider your feelings of uncertainty a sign that you’re destined to make great music. After all, if you didn’t really care about playing guitar, you wouldn’t hit these emotional walls of despair from time to time.
If self-doubt and lack of confidence weren’t factors, Kurt Cobain never would’ve inspired the grunge movement, Robert Johnson wouldn’t have had a reason to feel the blues, and countless other musicians would only have joy and happiness influencing their music, which aren’t always the right ingredients for creativity.
So should you just quit playing guitar? The answer is, irrevocably, NO.
-Tyler

should i quit if i only have joy and happiness influencing my music

Yes because then you will only make gay music.

Well, the first two were what I was checking. The rest were me going with the flow. "If you want to hit home runs, you have to be prepared to strike out."

did I get transported onto ultimateguitar forums somehow ?

>there is actually a secret to playing jazz
>tfw my dad was a professional jazz player
>tfw I know the secret he spent his entire life trying to find
>tfw by the time you figure it out you'll be dead

feelsgoodman

does that mean its better and happier to be gay?

Scale displacement? Bridges? Tell me if I'm far from the mark.

f i g u r e
i t
o u t

Haha, so I'm right but you still want to come across as having been blessed by the Jazz gods. Good luck with that.

reposting from last night help

How easy is it to return guitars to GC?

Bought new a couple days ago, after playing it twice a tiny finish crack has appeared where my pick scratches the body. Not even noticeable if you aren't looking but it really bothers me. Could I return/swap it out no problem, or will they give it rigorous inspection? All the included extra stuff is still there.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Rqf123nwPG

I had to update flash player to make you look dumb just so you know so I hope youi're happy

Pics of the crack?

So the secret to jazz guitar is mindless noodling over scales?

is this jazz?

is bass fun?

Small enough that getting in a pic is difficult. It's not a uniform/straight crack so it will definitely become a chip with time.

Will they take the guitar with pick scuffs and shit? Otherwise still pristine.

>implying any of that was scales

is being a retard fun? see im not going to give out what im doing but its fun taunting people like you

its blues

also

>that trebley tone

You don't need to use flash any more you dingus. Javascript is more than enough for this site. You dun goofed up.

you need flash to make vocaroo work

thinking of getting a hagstrom super swede tremar, anyone have experience with em

You're awfully defensive about your sloppy noodling. It's okay user, practice more and you'll get there.

bash it

yes

Well, if your dad knew the secret of jazz, he certainly kept it far away from you.

absolutely not

Funk and jazz yes, blues or rock not so much.

No need to bash it, it's great, and that's coming from someone who rarely likes blues.

i knew im the blues great

everybody likes treble

youtube.com/watch?v=6YO4rC3ZB7g

slap bass is the funnest thing you can do on any instrument

also why do you keep asking this in every thread?

ne1

how i do slap bass on trumpet, i want my trumpet to be fun

depends on what you play
but it can be

do you have any non negro music? thanks

Billy sheehan.

If no one can name this fighting game riff in the next hour I will post the name desu

wow tablature truly is the lowest form of notation

picking hands middle finger got tingling for like two seconds during a session, does that mean i have carpal

Threadly reminder to spend less and practice more.

rip careere

what difference does it make? no one who's ever posted in /gg/ is ever going to accomplish anything. they might as well become collectors, they're never going to become anything else. you know it's true don't even argue otherwise

Should i buy or build a pc.

Sorry but no, dumbass. Why do you argue?

build always

shitposting is the art form of the future user might as well get in on the ground floor now

> muh accomplishments
> muh rock star fantasies

What happened to just playing for fun and for the love of the music?

only accomplishing is fun now

samuel is gonna make it

>samuel is gonna make it
out of the favela?

>loser making excuses for all his wasted time and having nothing of value to show for it
lmao yeah what happened

Build. One day of searching for parts and putting it together saves you $1000

Anyone have experience returning shit like this?

what happened to the "buy a guitar thats made the way you want instead of doing upgrades and mods"

do yourself a favor and make an exit you ain't gonna make it bruh

Where should i source my parts? In a physical store or online?

Pretty sure he asked about computers

I''ll never be a famous award winning multimillionaire guitar god, I may as well end it all now boohoohoo.

Give it a rest my man.

I used newegg to buy most of my parts, but they screwed up my order 2x so i am unlikely to use them again. There are plenty of websites that sell computer parts and have customer help lines if you get confused

Fucking dumbass.

yeah you're never going to amount to anything, that was my whole point genius good job

craaaaawling in my skin

kek truth hurts I guess

Nah I'm just tired of banal teenage nihilism.

yeah I bet wasting time online trying to defend being a loser gets pretty exhausting

new poster here, trying to learn guitar to get a sense of life. How do I learn the math behind a guitar, i.e the math behind how to find tones, chords and all that jazz.
links or sources to how to learn guitar string anatomy would help.

I always laugh when I see some dumb shit buy a cheap guitar and immediately start "upgrading" it. They usually start by asking for replacement pickup suggestions. It's like why, you dumb fuck? Why did you buy a guitar you didn't think sounded good to begin with? I'll tell you why: because you don't know what the fuck you're doing and you have no clue what the fuck you're after. You bought some retarded piece of shit because of how it looked in a picture on the internet and then when you got it home and actually played it ..it sounded and played like straight up ass. So you started "upgrading" it instead of admitting to yourself that you don't know shit and made a mistake, or that the guitars construction was so shitty that you didn't have any other choice but to "upgrade" it to make it a playable instrument. Here's the thing though: you could have just saved all the time and money you sank/wasted into "upgrading" a piece of shit and just bought a decent guitar to begin with. You bedroom warriors are a hilarious lot, watching you flail about trying to polish turds into diamonds. If a diamond is what you wanted why didn't you just go out and buy a diamond to begin with?

Because you're fucking stupid, that's why.

pls, he's trolling

i spent half the price of my guitar on a refret as soon as i bought it and bought new pickups slightly cheaper