Walking home today, some fucker bumped into me and instantly started talking shit about aluminum being the best metal...

Walking home today, some fucker bumped into me and instantly started talking shit about aluminum being the best metal. I tried to remain calm and explain to him that iron was actually the best metal, but he wouldn't take a hint. He started throwing around words like "rust" and I lost it. Punched him right in his aluminum loving fuck face.
I hate aluminum so goddamn much.

Other urls found in this thread:

iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/15/1/013010/meta
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hold on there. What grade are you talking about?

Alloy 1100
Alloy 2011
Alloy 2024
Alloy 3003
Alloy 5052
Alloy 6061
Alloy 6063
Alloy 7075

I'm a big fan of the 3003.

Nitrogen is the best metal, OP.

Steel, not so much.

Carbon Steel
Alloy Steel
Stainless Steel
Tool Steel

Ore did you mean hematite?

>there are idiots that extol the virtues of something that is mainly used when you bake potatoes
Get these fucking Irish out of here

you joke, but metallic phases of nitrogen are actually predicted to exist.
iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/15/1/013010/meta

Metallic hydrogen is actually a fairly active field of research. Everything is just atoms, when it comes down to it. Metals are simply made of atoms which bind well to each other, but not in any particular direction. If you squeeze the everliving fuck out of gases which are typically diatomic molecules that normally behave as free particles (ie. they don't bind to each other well), the atoms are forced into the kind of configurations that metals display at room temp and pressure, and therefore display metallic properties.

Mechanical designerfag here . . .5052 is pretty good for bracketing/baffles typically anything that needs strength and malleability . . .. 6061 T6 is good for electrical component mounting/heat sinking etc

Diamond is best metal.

everyone knows slayer is the best metal

But its too heavy. One gram of diamonds weighs something like 15 grams.

Anybody who doesnt think lead, the softest heavy metal isnt the best should shoot themselves

rennyolds 853 or nothing

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 9000 wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 9000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not the hardest metal known to man.

I wouldn't say it's the best metal because it's too expensive, but it is the hardest metal known to man.

never change b

I LIEK CHOCOLATE METAL

tinfoil?
ye dat one's fine too i guess

7075 master race.

>Not exhaulting the virtues of gold.

Why do i even bother with you faggots.
Everyone knows a golden sword folded 1,000,000 times can literally cut through anything, even diamond.

civilfag here, I'm only familiar with steel. I live and breathe steel, personally, I think S235 is the best when you look at costs vs risks

Lead poisoning would get to them eventually so why the hurry?

Gold is the de facto best metal, nothing even comes close.

Idiots, DragonForce is the best metal known the man

>metal fags
Silicon is where its at

Plutonium is the best metal. Even beats uranium.
It's the hottest of all metals.

same here. 3003 is the best

Unobtanium is worth more than all you fuckers combined.

But Dwarvenite is required to produce +6 swords.
No Dwarvenite == no +6 swords

I once machined a motor endbell for a 1/24 scale open class slot car out of solid beryllium.

This.
Just as, on some level, almost any supposedly "nonmagnetic" metal actually is magnetic if you expose it to a strong enough magnetic field, as there are just enough atoms aligned in a parallel nature to be manipulated by the field.

why

There is clearly not enough love for titanium alloys here.

Of course it's the best metal, because diamond is unbreakable

no, you're wrong. It has nothing to do with magnetism. Plenty of metals respond to magnetic fields the same way plastic does.

Inconel
Or maybe tungsten