Do all Radiohead fans hate Creep just because Thom Yorke doesn't like it...

Do all Radiohead fans hate Creep just because Thom Yorke doesn't like it? Or is there a dissonance between the band and the fans?

Well Thom Yorke is literally a God so if he says anything, let alone something he made, is bad, then it's bad.

bad answer

Radiohead fans aren't just one hivemind

My opinion on creep is that although it doesn't show any of the experimental, or detailed flourishes of any other albums, it is an important song in terms of where they progressed from, and it's a pop culture icon of the 90's

It's pretty meh, Anyone can play guitar is better

It's the first Radiohead song I ever heard and I loved it when I was in middle school but it just makes me cringe now. Lyrically, it's so trite compared to pretty every other song they've ever written. It's just out of place more than anything.

>experimental
Nothing about Radiohead is experimental. They're derivative music done well

>radiohead not being experimental
why are there so many people who want this to be true

like cmon, drop all irony. admit it. they deliver some of the more experimental things to the largest stage. to think they played National Anthem and Idioteque on SNL. national anthem had the complete horn arrangement from the album btw. jonny went all out brought his ondes martenot and his serge modular.

next week SNL featured musical guests the wallflowers and baha men :/

It's stupid, it's unimaginitive, it drones on and on making you wonder when it will stop, I'm surprised they ever recovered.

That's not experimental, that's packaging other people's experimental stuff as rock/pop.

Had nobody used an Ondes Martenot before? Or used horns in a rock song? Or gone from making guitar music to electronic music?

Have you actually listened to real experimental music? It's not something you COULD play on SNL or even enjoy flicking through songs.

>used horns in a rock song?
its the arrangement though. this isnt some ska song

>using this specific arrangement = experimental
By that metric every ska band is technically experimental unless they use the exact same arrangement. I love Radiohead though.

what? that doesnt even make sense

Miles Davis did it 3 decades before

What is exactly experimental about the arrangement?

Name one experimental band that isn't derivitive

I don't like Radiohead but got hooked on the experimental talk.

Are you guys suggesting you need to be the first ones to try anything in order to be considered experimental?

Are bands like Slipknot experimental?

All of them. Derivative and experimental are oxymorons. They're only experimental if they break new ground: repackaging what classical musicians did a century ago with a chorus and verses doesn't make you experimental.

No, "derivative experimental" would be an oxymoron. Derivative and experimental are antonyms.

Lyrics aside, it still holds up as a pretty good pop-rock song. It's just not very musically interesting.

It's their poppy teen angst radio hit that people who don't listen to the band love. People who've actually heard their albums realize they have hundreds of better songs.

It's a good track but way overrated, like every other huge rock hit from the early 90s. I personally like it, I'm sure Thom still digs it to some degree, the only song he hates is Pop Is Dead.