When you're laughing at Arsenal and then realise they are a representation of how shit English football has become

>When you're laughing at Arsenal and then realise they are a representation of how shit English football has become

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wTR4B-FswDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait till United, Chelsea and Liverpool return to Europe. People will respect us again.

Make English Football Great Again

The last time United played Bayern Munich David Moyes was the manager and they lost 4-2 on agg after drawing 1-1 at home.

10 fucking 2 m8

>English football

>us

That is not a bad result of a team managed by >Moyes
Could've been worse. Could've been 10-2 aggregate

Liverpools only hope of progressing past the group stages is being placed in the hardest group so they can't lose to Basel.

it's fucking Arsenal though

For a shining minute, Moyes was knocking out Bayern

When was English football ever good?

>in b4 1966

2004-2013

>Arsenal
>English

you simply can't play a shit team and win 8-0.
>lol liga defenders make you look good
>stoke away and ryan shawcross waiting to wipe you out

It's simply Wenger. Even when English clubs dominated Europe for a short spell he could barely get a look in.

A good manager with their resources will do wonders.

Think we went a decade of an English team in either a CL or EL final between 04 and 13 or so. Not the best but by no means losing 10-2 on aggregate.

Ahahahaha, that delusion

Most of that was Chelsea which was full of foreign players.

A team in the CL final every year bar 1 between 2005 and 2012 apart
3 out of the 4 Semi-finalsts two years running

>Ahahahaha, that delusion
Are you mentally retarded? Or are you one of those people who think football started in 2014?
In that era the EPL was the best league in the world by far.

>Daily reminder that England is the 2nd most successful country along with Italy in European cup/CL history.

>EPL

>be England
>obsessed with SOCCER
>your national pride basically revolves around SOCCER
>haven't won a world cup since 1966
>you're not even good at your beloved sport

beyond sad!

Did you just start watching football recently lad?

Well I'd say the league was the best but the best Barca and probably club side ever to play football cost the league a number of CL titles.

Watching that Barca side tear United apart was amazing tbqh

Take out that barca side and English teams are winning 6 out of 7 CL titles with 3 all english finals

Ferguson left his club at a bad time to save his reputation. Wenger almost destroyed his reputation for the future of ours. Don't forget that!

lads it arsenal

>Losing 5-1 to the same team in a space of 1 month
>Yfw Arsenal also lost 5-1 last year against Bayern
>Yfw 15-3 against the same team in the space of 1 year

What other team can be this pathetic?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

USA WINS 1-1

>supporting a league

""""premier""""" league

""""""bundes""""" liga

Hertha Berlin is objectively a better team than Arsenal. That's gotta hurt.

>THIS DELUSION
it was 2005-2009 tbf
farca killed the english meme and you guys havent recovered since then

Barca were the best team in the world at that time, there is no doubt about it. They were the only thing stopping Man U and Chelsea facing each other every year

>Lets ignore the Bundesliga vs Prem clubs record when facing each other.

Buyern is the Bundesliga though. The other clubs are simply feeder clubs.

Sad

Neverkusen 0 - 5 Moyeschester United

>Monkey

Opinion discarded

It's amazing Man Utd made it to the CL final with that 2011 team that had old man Berbatov and Nani. Fergie is a wizard.

Chelsea is the only English club that I still at least somewhat fear these days.
I don't treat the rest of the English clubs much different than the likes of Sporting, CSKA Moscow, Legia Warsaw or FC Copenhagen 2bh

t. Bayern fan

berbatov was the EPL top scorer that year

Berbatov was pretty based for the first half of that season. Then Rooney stepped up. Poor Berba didn't even make the bench for the 2011 final, Owen did instead.

Arsenal would get utterly demolished by both dortmund and brauseball.
They'd have a hard time against hoffenheim and köln as well. Hell i wouldn't bet on them going through against hsv right now

2005 Final: Liverpool vs Milan
2006 Final: Arsenal vs Barcelona
2007 Final: Liverpool vs Milan
2008 Final: Chelsea vs Manchester
2009 Final: Manchester vs Barcelona
2010 Final: Inter vs Bayern
2011 Final: Manchester vs Barcelona
2012 Final: Chelsea vs Bayern

8 English teams
3 Italians
3 Spanish (Barcelona, Real Madrid was Arsenal-tier before Mourinho)
2 German teams (Bayern)

From 2005 to 2012, the EPL was the best league by far.

2010 had Fulham in the EL final btw

>Owen

Wew I remember that, odd signing but the lad finally got his PL medal lol.

>united
"no"
>liverpoop
relies on facing top teams, so theyre fucked in most cases

Chelsea and BASED Conte will finally expose Zidane for the fraud he is in the 2018 final. Screencap this.

>EPL
The what?

>wait til manure are back in Europe

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

when's that gonna be, 2020? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

can anyone explain this hilarious maymay to me?
english
premier
league

late 70s and early 80s.

IF we are counting EL, 2004 UEFA Cup had boro and 2013 had Chelsea

But it is just called "Premier League" PL

>counting the babby cup

How many times has Sevilla won that thing?

who are you, the brand ambassador? Nobody cares

i cant wait to stop pretending to follow the premier league just to appease normies and jews

Well if no one cares, just go back to the ISA

Just checked. They've won it 5 times total, 3 of those wins being the last 3 competitions.

Arsenal are in the same position in the PL as Hertha are in the Bundes

Hertha drew 1-1 with Bayern Munich.

then how is arsenal tonight representative of english football with their foreigner-packed team?

not that i give a shit about supporting a league, I'm not spanish

>has become
English football has underperformed since the 1930s

> Bayern """""fan"""""

Disgusting

Basically around the times when Liverpool were good

>Either EL or CL final
Substract EL from that faggot, no one cares

what euro did you win?

>english team
foreigners

youtube.com/watch?v=wTR4B-FswDw

Biggest cringe

And in literally none of those finals the English team was the favourite. I still remember the meme Liverpool comeback vs Milan after being 3-0 down in half time though.

>implying Zidane won't be sacked before then

He will be sacked by the end of the year.

John Brooks >>> Coach eel nee and Mustashit

>I still remember one of the most memorable finals ever
I remember all of those finals, m8. Give me a prize.

They got pretty lucky draws. Still impressive but either Madrid or Barça would have stomp them

>Moyes is a better UCL manager than Wenger

REALLY makes you think

What is more likely to happen first: Arsenal winning a CL or England winning a WC/Euro?

We were actually in a position to win that leg for 30 seconds after Evra's goal

>Tfw 2008 was 9 years ago

>no Real Madrid
>no Bayern
>no Juve
>no Atletico Madrid
That quarter final draw looks weak as fuck.

>when you've been supporting Chelsea for over a decade but realise you are normalizing the transnational corporate plastification of football

>Schalke
>Fenerbahce
>Roma
>Arsenal

is this the Europa League?

>>And in literally none of those finals the English team was the favourite
Final: Chelsea vs Manchester

really stimulates the synapses

How to differentiate between someone who knows football, and someone who "knows" football. Latter will claim the EPL is the best league in the world.

Sevilla could win the EPL.

>tfw only remember the final

lads football is just one big cycle, in 5 years english teams will dominate europe again then in another 5 years we'll turn shit again and so on

Euros spend on squads in England
>United: 718m
>City: 611m
>Chelsea: 481m
>Arsenal: 381m
>Liverpool: 356m

>Bayern: 357m

I don't even want to trash english clubs, but how. Bayern are a consistent top 3 european side and then you look at english clubs - with maybe the exception of chelsea - and they are fucking garbage in europe, it seems like half of it is just english clubs not knowing how to spend money.

>started watching football 4 years go

>Chelsea is the only English club that I still at least somewhat fear these days
Tfw

What a cop-out. You won't because English football culture perpetuates a reckless strategy. English football teams run around like headless chickens, trying to bruise their way through everything. It's why Arsenal fail because they try to incorporate what the other European teams have, but have only ended up creating Frankenstein's monster.

prem teams are labeled MUGS by every single european club, if bayern comes in for a player you know they wont be paying more than 60m for him unless hes an actual GOAT. if city, manu or chelsea show interest in a player the selling club instantly whacks on an extta 20-30mil

English teams make more money so they tend to overspend (100 mil for dabbing dembele) for no real reason other than they don't care

>relies on facing top teams, so theyre fucked in most cases

Liverpool will be third seeds if they make it back into CL, and Klopp is good in Europe. Should be fine.

Chelsea are always good. United should be better this time round.

The only people who embarrass us are the North London clubs. They're consistently shit. They get rekt every single time, then put all of their focus and resources on getting top 4 again so they can repeat the process and carry on losing

no arsenal are shit because they have a manager the players dont want to play for, their supposed midfield magician is nowhere to be seen for the past season and sanchez who on paper is their best player doesnt want to play for them anymore

arsenal are a terrible example, liverpool would have been a better example if you want to point out whats wrong with english football

>This level of casual underage

Disgusting

Liverpool is the PERFECT example!

I just mentioned Arsenal since they are the team that most desperately "attempt" to incorporate a style that should -actually- work, but end up being OXLANE CHAMBERLAINE esque ANYWAY.

Bayern can guarantee players not only CL football every year without fail, but nearly every trophy. No English club can make that promise, not even guarantee CL football now.

Plus just looking at transfer fees ignores wages, which is the biggest draw for players.

Bayern is the dominant force in Germany, they can literally take their pick of the best players in their league. Every German grows up knowing Bayern is THE German club, that's what they aspire towards.

Plus the English clubs were in a state of flux the last few years

>Fergie left United causing chaos
>Liverpool nearly went bankrupt and are only just getting their shit together (reached EL final last year)
>City were still establishing themselves (CL semi final last year)
>Arsenal have always been a joke

It's no coincidence English teams were MUCH better in Europe when there was a 4 team dominance of United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool. They could sign top players and say they will be in the CL every year

I will also take this time to say that the next time you see a Liverpool game (this might have changed, it should change, since I've expected it to change for 10 games now because it's clearly not working), notice how they always center their attack around lob balls into the box, both from sides and central field.

Liverpool have a strategy that is definitely designed by Klopp (considering how actively the players do it) to lob the ball into the box.

It's fucking stupid! Why is it stupid? Because lobbing the ball into the box as a standard strategy is a COSS TOIN. It's something that should be contextual, but Klopp has designed to be a permanent strategy, so the players will do this shit for 90 minutes and it's basically luck of the draw if they manage to put.

If they had a good forward, this might work, but with the likes of Firmino? I'm positive if Liverpool had Suarez this year, they would win the EPL.

But they don't, and Klopp should devise a different strategy.

Not even a LFC fan. Father is, so I watch their games. And it's painful to watch.

klopps an overrated manager that underrated the premier league, his dortmund team was successful because of their work rate. they could run 75% of the bundes teams off the pitch and that was enough to win the majority of games (obviously they had the technical ability too)

hes tried to do the same thing with liverpool but has suddenly realized EPL players arent capable of delivering that high pressure intense shutting down everything when ur not in posession playstyle week in week out. he blames it on the fact we have too many games in our calendar, not sure i totally agree tbhonest.

whats most concerning though is that he has no plan b, its always the same style even when it means his players are constantly fucked and hes making multiple squad rotations just to try and force his shit style of football

Except Bayern have been making more than each of those clubs except Man Utd and probably even topped them at times.