I didn't get a chance to see the 2nd episode, but i am curious what people think of The Orville so far?

I didn't get a chance to see the 2nd episode, but i am curious what people think of The Orville so far?

I don't get that, does that mean you think it's funny or that the concept is bad?

Seth MacFarmland needs to stop. He needs to slow down with the ADD amphetamines realise that he can't just make fan fiction with shitty, predictable famguy shithumor woven in. Today he had a kermit the Frog prop as a gag decoration.... Kermit the frog is owned by Disney, which owns ABC, which is incompetition with Fox. I mean, I don't care but the guy just isn't being quality with this, the trillionths attempt at trying to make a hit by ironically being derivative as fuck. And using the production as a prop to work out issues with his ex-wife? I mean, dude it's not going to work out like the Big Sick.

>Kermit the frog is owned by Disney, which owns ABC, which is incompetition with Fox

whats that have to do with.... anything?

I like it. It's not great by any standard but it's fun. Plus it's the only show like it we really have so it's better than nothing.

Apparently my recording missed half the episode due to the football game before it running long.

I'm enjoying the show so far. Not Star Trek or Galaxy Quest good, but a nice mix of the two.

He's trying to be random, because it's funny according to disney sitcoms, but he's fucking up on the vested interests thing. The guy is like the Elon Musk of shitcoms; low key self-aggrandizing and subtly narcissistic. Seth Myers needs to stop being corny, cheap and derivative, is it so much to ask!?

I have 42 minutes left downloading ep2.
I ain't not didn'ting reading this treadle y'all niggurz, bc I know one of you delightful shitcunts will vomit spoilers all over it forthwith.

I thought episode 1 was good enough to watch ep 2. As big a star dreck fan as I may be, I'm not sure I have it in me to take another rubber suit rebooting seriously, so this preddy gud shoe may it for me. Also I'm high, so we'll just see about all that.

Seth Mcfarlane looks weird, can't watch anything he's in.

goddamn terrible. Too clean and antiseptic a set for the jokes, no sense of actual drama or risk, and palicki's wasted as a set-up man for mcfarlane, except when they give her totally telegraphed put-downs.

I watched it live due to game but liking it enough to keep recording. Looks like it will be on Thursdays now.

Same, however am willing to make an exception. Only bc I am so FUHUHUHUCKING desperate for a fucking sci-fi series already. I mean god damn!

So she fucked up enough to be thrown out of the marvel franchise too?

I watched it on my Kodi box. It's Galaxy Quest the TV Series. Critics hate it, but they hate everything Seth does...including Ted.

Second episode was good. First episode was good. Not great, but good.

The real elephant in the room is how well this will stack up against Star Trek Discovery (STD). That's shaping up to be an SJW shit show. If The Orville spanks STD in ratings, maybe the network fucktards will rethink their mistakes.

Looks really really bad honestly

watching it right now,
not the worst thing i've watched,
I kinda like it

Is it actually Sci Fi? If there is too much comedy I can't take the show seriously.

>hmmm who will the Jews get behind
really makes you think

it's bad

>thinking any serious could even come close to TNG or DS9

And what is the deal with the fucking name? The Orville? The fucking sponsored by Orville Redenbacher popcorn. Grab a bowl of Orville.
Why not the Colonel sanders or the Harold?

STD literally searched for a gay actor to play a gay character that they hadn't even fleshed out, yet. And, all this was before they wrote any scripts, sewn any costumes, built any sets, etc.

Orville has excellent special effects, a good cast, and is constantly referencing other franchises...especially Star Trek. Shit, the doctor was Benjamin Sisco's wife. We'll have to wait and see if it really catches it's stride. I'm hoping it does. Lots of potential.

The musical score is too Big Band. This is the television production equivalent of Seth Farland's own personal blog. It's like a vanity production, like Rebecca Black's Friday

>Critics hate it, but they hate everything Seth does...including Ted.
Maybe that's because Seth lacks the ability to be funny in any context, and his understanding of script writing tops out at the fifth grade level.

I don't know. And honestly I'm not sure it matters.
If we know anything about STD, it's that they'll completely fuck it up anyway. Hopefully the Orville (wtf who named this show) will get enough viewers and lose them that the brass will step in and tone the seth down a bit and make it a little less "grown men acting like 13yo girls" .

What has seth done?

Stuff i'm familiar with:
Family Guy
American Dad
Ted

all trash. Anything else?

Few things that are pissing me off about Discovery

>Says it's from a "new" perspective
>Lead actress is garbage in every other film credit
>Gets pushed back again and again
>Prequel again

Who wants to bet it's going to be an SJW shitshow? I mean Rodenberry pushed the envelope with tolerance and diversity back in the day with his stuff, but this is just gonna be a pandering to faggots.

You're the kind of femi-man Bernie supporter who probably watches Downton Abbey with his parents.

Made a kludgy hash out of Carl Sagans beautiful Cosmos series.

>t. butthurt matt & trey

1.21 niggawats

going to defend family guy and american dad?

>Seth Mcfarlane looks weird,

He looks like Dylan Harper, idjit.

you're the kind of alt-right middle schooler who jacks off to american history x alone in his bedroom

The lead was Sasha in Walking Dead, and I like her... that being said, her fucking character in STD is named... MICHAEL. They promised it was in the prime TOS universe, 10 years before Kirk and the gang, but the tech is all wrong, the ships are all wrong, and the Klingons... WTF, they're purple. And fuzzy.

Rodenberry was progressive before that concept was ruined by libtards...but it was the story that carried the concepts, not the shit STD is slamming in our faces.

AND, CBS EXPECTS US TO PAY $6/MO ON THEIR NEW STREAMING SERVICE TO WATCH IT.

It's doomed.

I like Family Guy. American Dad- not so much. Cosmos, not at all
Ted was awesome.

Can't recall the name atm, but that western comedy he did was awesome imo. But I love that kind of shit (period comedy i.e. Almost Heroes). Agree everything else was petty crap.

Orville Wright you uneducated peon.

The fuck is STD because I know you're not talking about syphilis.

You act like that's a bad thing

Wait, just got it.

A million ways to die in the old west I think/

Yea I'm worried about STD. It has potential but we all know how CBS is in the current year.

No ones going to pay that. We're going to download it off TPB like everybody else does.

CBS is utterly retarded. But we know this already. They haven't known what the fuck to do with Star Trek since 1995.

>owns rights to a show fir 50 years
>Biggest & most dedicated fan base of any show in history
>stick it on the shelf and ignore it for a decade or so
>make some other thing that's totally different that no one asked for
>delay it repeatedly until question marks
>decide not to put it on tv

JUST MAKE THE SHOW PEOPLE WANT YOU FUCKING JACKASSES, AND PUT IT ON THE AIR, LIKE YOURE SUPPOSED TO. ITS NOT GODDAMN ROCKET SCIENCE.

Are you fucking kidding me, that's so bad. Spaceships and that primitive hack have literally zero in common. Orville, for one, is a stupid name and naming a 'starfleet' ship that is even stupider. The original series had COOL, NON-PERSON names like enterprise and voyager. Seth fails once again, giving it a gay person's name who wasn't even fucking close to space travel. I bet he did it to remind everyone that white people invented flying (in all capacities), because that's what Seth believes.

that's a stretch

American Dad is alright. The only thing McFuckface did that was "good" though, was A Million Ways To Die In The West. Ah, mustache! Ah, mustache! If you only have a mustaaaache....

I saw the commercial for the Orville and it looks like cringy dogs hit that reeks of phoned-in pseudo-humor and trying too hard. I don't want to watch a fruity Hollywood liberal take a yellow bubbly piss all over Star Trek.

it's not even expensive! it's stage plays in space!

>The musical score is too Big Band.

The music is an homage to the music from STNG, Voyager, DS9, and the Trek movies.

They have Brannon Braga on the production side. Doesn't get more Trek than that.

*dogshit.

Goddamn autocorrect.

I blame that hack Neil deGrasse Tyson, not Seth.

Some things are meant to loom fake. But all in all, the humor is good. It's definatly not " 100 ways to die in the west humor" it seem to be adult comedy but it seems to get a little bit riskier. It's at least a comedy that's not some reality show. I think Brooklyn 99 is funnier but the humor is on the same line. I'll keep watching it.

Gene Roddenberry would be more Star Trek than Braga but you're right, out of living people.

They picked about the worst possible Trek character they could have taken. Except for possibly:

Miles OBrien's wife
Troi's mother - luckily dead so not available
Vedek Winn
most ferengi except quark

They had 3,000 ships to name and man. Cool names like Enterprise, Intrepid, and Farragut get snatched up pretty quick. And, Seth plays a guy who was literally their last choice for a captain.

Roddenberry or techno.

>AND, CBS EXPECTS US TO PAY $6/MO ON THEIR NEW STREAMING SERVICE TO WATCH IT.

Well, I guess I'll pass on this.

But Ted was awful. The only good thing about that movie was Flash Gordon, and if you haven't lived back in those days to get a major nostalgia trip, shit I wonder what was there for you to even like.

Dude, DS9 Ferengi are the best.

>most ferengi except quark

Rom, Nog and Brunt were all great. Only Zek and Ishka were particularly annoying.

>Seth plays a guy who was literally their last choice for a captain
I guess when you think of it like that, the Bame Orville fits, since that is about the least cool (but plausible) name for a ship you could conceivable end up with.

But then they went and made the ship pretty cool anyway, so, eh...?

There was a great theory before this all was revealed- that "Number 1" from the TOS pilot "The Cage" would be the star of STD. Originally played by Majel Roddenberry (Nurse Chappel, Troi's mom, the computer voice). I could have dealt with that character getting her own series. She was pretty good in that episode.

Not to mention there are an endless amount of directions you could take from the Star Trek universe. Think about how badass a series from the Klingon/Romulan/Cardassian perspective could be.

>Seth fails once again, giving it a gay person's name who wasn't even fucking close to space travel.

No, but he was important to early air flight.

>that's a stretch

Hey, it's the best reason I could think of and the first thing I thought of when I heard the name.

Come to Quarks!
Quarks is fun!
Come right now!
Don't walk, RUN!

whats the deal? she got bad mojo or sumthin?

I am a cunt
U r a cunt
We r cunts
They are cunts
Everybody cunts
cunts cunts cunts

Stop. Just. Stop.

Outside of the basement there is a whole world (real one.) There's sunlight, and green grass. Better than that, there's pussy. Pussy, is for sex. Sex, is not a spectator sport. So call your mom, ask her where the door to "outside" is and she'll show you the way. The rest is up to you.

NO NOOOO YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Rick Berman is still alive, but he's done a lot of damage to the franchise, especially in the STNG movies.

>Projecting this hard

Show needs way more smut tbh

>STD

Oh my god I just clued in.....HA!

Fuck off. These dweebs would argue if I said Maximum warp is 16. Or any other number for that matter.

I got a wife and kids and ain't projecting shit faggot.

oh shit i gotta watch this
netflix?

Way to set everyone straight user.
Next, I look forward to seeing you in a trap thread trying to tell everyone to stop liking traps.

I am a massive Star Trek nerd, missed the first one but saw the second one and I liked it.

It's not amazing but it's on-par or better than Enterprise and it'll probably be more star trek than Discovery.. that show is probably going to be a great gilded pile of horsedicks

fukk ya nigga hell ya muthafuckka

They all had their time. Roddenberry was kinda pushed aside after season 3 of TNG and then Bermann/Braga took the reigns. By the end of Enterprise (cut short) they'd run out of steam.

JJ Abrams, love it or hate it, breathed new life into the franchise with the movie reboots.

Now we have some flit-boys in charge of the new show and I think we're doomed.

>Obviously knows what maximum warp actually is
>Tries to call everyone else here nerds for also knowing it

Yeah, I wasn't sure who was worse, Berman or Braga. Whoever was responsible for ennerprise, & frankly, most of voyager too.

I push that name everywhere I can. I came up with it instantly after hearing Star Trek Discovery. I desperately want it to stick. STD looks cancerous.

I'LL MAXIMUM WARP YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Most people will probably remember her from Caste.

>Majel Roddenberry

They weren't married at the time of "The Cage". I think that happened after the series. But she did rock the role.

>thinks the jews didn't do this on purpose

During the filming, Gene Deadenburied was banging both Nurse Chappel and Uhura. At the same time.

It's so much like The Next Generation that by rights, I shouldn't like it. Because I should be offended that any show attempts to recreate that success. But it hits all the right nostalgia buttons for the most part.
With an actual Star Trek show premiering next weekend, we'll see who does it better.

>STD looks cancerous
>STD
>Cancerous
>SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE
>
>CANC.......

GAHHHHH

>JJ Abrams, love it or hate it, breathed new life into the franchise with the movie reboots.
>Now we have some flit-boys in charge of the new show and I think we're doomed.

The Orville seems to be more true to the ST universe than anything JJ "Lens Flare" Abrams will ever create. That being said, I do enjoy the Abrams stuff but don't really see it as ST.

At least STD seems to have made a good phaser.

Fucking this

>Yeah, I wasn't sure who was worse, Berman or Braga.

I blame Berman. But, tbh, I'd have to see read through the credits to see whom was the one with the most to blame after Roddenberry died.

dammit canadian netflix
how do i watch this illegally?

>banging both Nurse Chappel and Uhura.

And, I expect, more women on top of them.

Go on Amazon, look up "amazon kodi box", Find one with a S905x processor and includes the keyboard/mousepad remote. Should cost you about $45.
WATCH EVERYTHING

You might have to put a good Kodi build on it. Internet has lots of sites and videos to guide you through it.

You're welcome.