Hey Sup Forumsros, can I get some recommendations for some books to read, I'm looking for Fantasy adventure type books...

Hey Sup Forumsros, can I get some recommendations for some books to read, I'm looking for Fantasy adventure type books. I'm counting on you guys!

>Pic related, it's my favorite book series right now

the bible, then the book of mormon

No thanks dude, the only religious text I need is the glorious word of Allah spoken in the Qur'an!

The farseer trilogy or the death gate cycle

The Gor books by John Norman

Sword of Truth series. Always been a favourite of mine.

digimon tamers

Malazan

Fablehaven

I hate reading books are for nerds kys dumb faggot readerfag

While it may seem an odd suggestion, take it from a fellow fantasy reader: The Dark Tower series, Eyes of the Dragon, The Talisman and Black House. All by Stephen King.

Eyes of the Dragon is a special favorite. Probably my favorite King book

Apparently so is grammar and punctuation.

Don't worry, you're safe

Seconded.

Op here, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a look!

Very good recommendation. Harsh stories though...

Seconded.

Karen miller is really good if u like brent weeks. The first book of the series i liekd was "innocent mage"

>Brent Weeks
>mah nigga.
So hard to find people that get over the edgy cover art and read his shit

make sure you check out brent weeks' other series... night angel i believe

Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone

Gentleman Bastard series is pretty good.

One of my favorite Fantasy/Adventure books is called A Spell for Chameleon. It's kinda old, and so there is a bit of sexism in it, but as far as wild creativity and interesting plots go, A Spell for Chameleon is pretty damn good (in my opinion). It's also got a ton of sequels, which I think are still being produced to this day. I've only read the first two though, so I don't know much about anything after them.

I know how you feel man, all my friends say shit like " That looks like some stupid edgy piece of shit" And they never read the books

The lack of The Goblin Corps here is disheartening.

The KingSlayer Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

chronicles of riyria
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
the wheel of time (long as shit series)
Mistborn
The storm light archives
The Broken Empire

ah the first law books are good as well

"A Spell for Chameleon" is the first book in a very long series by Piers Anthony. Classed as light fantasy for the humor and puns, the series is imaginative and engaging. The stories are all set in the land of Zanth, a place where everyone has a magic talent. One's talent can be trivial, like pissing the colors of the rainbow, or quite dangerously powerful, such as the ability to transform any living thing into any other living thing.

Well worth reading. I've only read the first twelve.

Something a little less light? The "Thieves World" anthologies, or Anne McAfery's Dragon Riders series

I know who you're referring to for the "transform any living thing into any other living thing" talent, but does somebody actually piss the colors of the rainbow?

Way of Kings is pretty good

Elizabeth Moon is a retired Army Officer tha writes fantasy and sci-fi.

She wrote on called Sheep farmer's daughter, about a girl who is essentially an adventure NPC at first, who goes on to greater things. Very good series from someone who knows how to write from a field grunts point of view.

Name of the Wind, obviously

The Stormlight Archive is my favorite series. The 3rd book should be out soon

Yeah there was one guy, from Bink's village who was excused from the requirement to demonstrate his talent because he could piss different colors. Guess the Storm King didn't wanna see his dick

YEEEEEES
omfg I love Joe Abercrombie.
Look up everything he's ever done and fucking READ IT YALL

Also consider asking /lit/ or perusing some of their resources.

name of the wind is great. only problem is the third book will never come out.

SSSHHHHH
DON'T SPOIL IT!
nah but seriously i really do believe it will come out next year

Ahhh, I had forgotten these. Excellent suggestion.

Either I don't remember that, or it wasn't in the first two books. Either way, it's amazing.

i hope it does, also in the second book the denna argument hits deep.

Xanth

i dont know if it is just me but i couldnt get through the second book and first one barely

omg yas

The myth series by robert asprin is very good. It is easy to pick up and hard to put down with how well it sucks you in.

Consider it like so. The land itself is symbol to his lot in life.
..But yeah, definately not a first fantasy book.

Also consider these:

reread the entire conversation with the Cthaeh, carefully, in detail. fucking mindblows left and right

traitor son cycle by miles cameron

Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser series by Fritz Lieber.

Thieves World series edited by Robert Asprin, various authors.

alright, the best about reading his books for me is that i forget i'm reading and feel like i'm watching a movie. also you got trips lol

The name of the wind series. 2 books so far but they're fuckin huge. I love em better than Harry Potter.

Tell me you read the Night Angel Trilogy first

>farseer
My nigga. Didn't realise other people had good taste

The Witcher is great, the first book is The Last Wish

one of his books is worth more value to me than 50 other books

That twist though. You could kinda see the ground work with it in the first book. When he went off to kill that wild dude in the beginning.

"better than harry potter" is the literary understatement of the millenium thus far

harry potter is pretty damn overrated

Do two books make a chronicle?
Wheel of Time is cash. I tried reading the Mistborn but stopped after the first book. I felt like that one was harder to visualize. Plus constantly imagining smog was taxing.

Understatement

Best book in the series. The days he spent in that city still hold heavy in my heart.

yea Tarbean was pretty touching
have you read Slow Regard and The Lightning Tree?
Lightning Tree is actually my favorite piece of writing by Rothfuss

I read Slow Regard. But not Lightning Tree. I don't need any more free bread sticks I want my entree

The battle circle trilogy was awesome.

Lol i get your meaning entirely, but Lightning Tree is an extra-buttery breadstick with a whole bunch of parmesean cheese and a side-order of dipping suace too, i highly recommend
i'm somewhat biased 'cause Bast is my favorite character

The Hyperion Cantos. 4 books. Very cool shit, like a 10 foot tall metal being called the Shrike that's covered in razor sharp blades, flying tree spaceships and technology that lets you have one house where each room is on a separate planet, with seamless gateways that you can see and walk through to travel between them. Also, time travel and religious fanatics.

oh and as a side note, the Rogue Anthology, of which it is part of, has quite a few other good short stories in it as well, although Lightning Tree is far and away the best
but there are a couple of other ones which i still think about too
finally, if we're being honest here, i found Slow Regard pretty boring, at least Pat apologized

So many fucking sequels.

I'm a big fan of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs. They are pretty fucking awesome. New one coming out soon. However, its more of a crime/mystery. R.A. Salvatore has a new D&D book coming out in October i think as well. Also, if you have never read them, the original Ian Flemming James bond books.

I fuck with crazy bitches though. It was nice seeing how she thought.

lol true enough, it didn't really get muh dik twitching though
but the art was gnarly

Asimov's Foundation novels are really good. In short, there comes a time when man creates a new science that basically lets him predict the future, like hundreds of years of the future. Problems arise from this, and also from one guy who is a freak of nature who can apparently see the future without the calculations. It's deep, but in no way boring.

eh... they are a good read. Personally, I have read em all and thought it was pretty good storytelling. Also, if you have read the books, the movies kind of make more sense. However, I still say the books are a lot more enjoyable.

im 40% done with the second book and holy shit is it good. Ive heard Endymion and rise of Endymion were both pretty bad which is kinda a bummer

They're really not. It's different, but they add some really interesting elements, particularly how the church uses the cruciforms. Definitely worth reading, and the ending is pretty solid and satisfactory.

I can't stand King. I have tried to read many of his stories and there is something about his writing that feels very amateurish.

Mistborn Series or the Way of Kings. If you loved those books (Which I as well did) you will love the works of Brandon Sanderson

that's because it's terrible, king is trash
do NOT read king

Dark Tower is trash

Disregard this suggestion until he at least gets around to finishing it. Been waiting two years and that fat fuck has made no progress. Truth is he has wrote himself into a corner and can't figure out how to finish it. The first book is good but the second one is shit.

The second one isn't shit, it was just too fast. He should have fleshed it out and let us enjoy it more. It's like eating fancy foods. You wanna savor it

You should read his Night Angel series, it's quite good.

I don't know if it's amateurish, but I also have issues with King's writing. Mainly the clumsy way he introduces unnecessary bizarre concepts, like the turtle in IT, or Mr. Gray in Dreamcatcher. It's like some of his shit just comes to him on an acid trip.

Why'd they do that to my boy Jarl though?

Yes also this! Pretty much anything by Brent Weeks is phenomenal

Try David Gemmell's Rigante series, actually, try them all, but that's one of the best ones. First one is Sword in the Storm.

Most of the story just felt like it was rambling on with no real idea on where it was going. Rothfuss didn't plan the trilogy out. It is alright for it to change while it is being written but he should have at least had a basic flow chart set up.

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl

I feel like everyone loves his shit because he is so fucking different and his writing style is just very out there... There is nothing special about him nowadays. Like I'm sure he was great at one point but now its old hack

The Lord of the Rings was pretty good, mostly light hearted and pretty interesting.

Ever read the Kane Chronicles/Heroes of Olympus/Magnus Chase books? They're awesome I tell you.

As much as I love them I do think that LotR can get a little dry at times. I think The Hobbit is a much better book if you can get over the fact that it was written for a younger audience.

I think the best writing is on the fly but you definitely need a skeleton. You can tell Robin Hobb didn't have any idea the Farseer books would get as far as they would but she adapted and honestly I think the books get better as time goes on. Rain Wild Chronicles dragged a little.

Wheel of time

and of course
a song fire and ice, the show is just a small puddle on the ground after a rain, the book is like an ocean

Random user but I feel like Stephen King is too wildly acclaimed. I'd never read any of his books.

Fuck Game of Thrones. A Song of Ice and Fire is 100 times better.

Seconded

God I loved that series

show is for normies who cant read

Yes to The broken empire

I read half of Gun Slinger. I could not for the life of me get into it. I feel you user

The Red Rising trilogy is sci-fi but it has all the elements of a fantasy book, just in space. Bretty gud.

They're missing out on so much too. They don't know Brienne of Tarth, the cunning of Littlefinger, that fat belly guy who fights for Dany who lets people cut him once before killing them. There's just so much good writing