I need a fresh start. I need to get far away from where I am and start over. I need a new life, new surroundings...

I need a fresh start. I need to get far away from where I am and start over. I need a new life, new surroundings, new everything. Does anyone know what the bare minimum cost would be to do that? Has anyone started over? Please share your experiences. I'm in need of tips and ideas, places even. Somewhere with freshwater preferably, so I can fish.

Dolphins arent freshwater faggot

Well, now...kind of stupid, eh?

To where will you relocate? What standard of living will you want to maintain? What languages do you speak? Etc...

Maybe start by rebooting yourself where you are now? Nobody will say "OP used to be such a beta asshole, but now he's normal...what a jerk."

Instead, they'll say "OP used to be such a beta asshole, but now he's normal...good for him."

It's easy. Find a room-shared on craigslist, facebook, skype or facetime to explain your situation, send out resumes and buy a plane ticket.
I did it, and only brought my ID's, $1,000, backpack with 3 outfits, my laptop and phone.

You gotta live frugal for a couple months but it's refreshing. Good luck OP.

so yeah, like 2.5k is enough depending on the area you wanna live.

Oh honey, that's a great white shark. Nice try though.

I only require a minimal life style at most. I'm not too concerned with things as long as I can keep myself clean an fed. English is my only language. I can understand some Spanish, enough to order food.

I'm hoping to leave a physically and emotionally abusive situation. The further away I get from the whole problem, the better.

Any advice helps, thanks!

Fuck this game. It was so much better before the new developers took ownership.

If you have a job, ask about relocating and what cities are hiring. Pick a midwestern state if you want a cheap place to live. Places like Portland cost up to 4x per month that of somewhere like nowheresville, Iowa.

Go on Craigslist once you've found the town you want and make sure you Skype or talk to the roommates on the phone. Don't send any money beforehand if it feels sketch.

Maybe $1500 all said and done to last you until another job kicks in and you've gotten a bed/inflatable matress.

Good luck friend. It is a very
liberating experience.

I feel like I'm listening to myself think. Been going on about this inside my skull for weeks now

I'm planning on starting bartending school by the end of this month. After that I don't think it would be too difficult to find work. Room share sounds like a good option. Is there anything you think I should look out for? Red flags I mean, besides the obvious.

I'm planning on driving, I do have a car available to me. Worst case I can crash in the back seat and just get a gym membership somewhere to shower.. but the goal is to try to avoid all that.

I drove from Fargo ND, to Portland. The service industry is somethign really easy to make money in, especially if you're good at it. Take whatever job you can get. It's gonna be a fun but difficult journey man. I'm excited for you. I'm seeing a girl for like 9 months, but I wish I could do it again.

(I'd also look for an older person to live with, idk 25+? Don't waste your time trying to live with younger kids.)

get rid of all your possessions and money and go under the bridge downtown. You will meet hundreds of new friends.

Not the person you're replying to but my advice is to pick someone at least 21 or older. Do your share of the chores. Talk to your roommate about problems as they happen instead of waiting til you're fed up. Be cool and reasonable. Be respectful with the common area and noise from tv/vidya. Check in with how they feel every once in a while (hey was I too loud last night? Sorry about that.)

Source: had a ton of inconsiderate roommates and I hated living with them

All the extra, tedious shit is getting a bit annoying that's for sure.

I don't work a job that has locations all over. I've got a little saved for my trip already, $1500 won't be difficult, it'll just take more time then I want to spend where I am.

I have a feeling this big headache I've had for years will die down once I'm gone. I can't wait. It's almost upsetting how happy the idea of leaving makes me feel.

>get far away from where I am and start over.

No matter where you go... there you are!

If you find a place with one or more roommates it could be sooner. Do not try to look for a 1 br place now since you don't have a job lined up. A lot of people need a roommate just for a few months to finish out a lease so look for those types of listings.

Also don't buy any real furniture if you plan on doing that. A cheap ikea desk/chi air that could be left behind if you move again, etc.

Good luck dude. I hope your situation improves soon.

I'd recommend Idaho, get at least 1k and pick a moderate sized town (Google some) unless you like farm work, then a small town would work, but it's one of the cheapest housing in the US (assuming your from there considering your monolingual) and the freshwater fishing there is great.

I'm 23. I've lived in 12 places when I was 18, I've had my fair share of shit room mates. Older does definitely sound better to me though, so thank you for that tip.
Oh, no thanks. Being shanked for a ramen flavor packet in my sleep doesn't sound appealing.

I don't think a 1br place would be a good idea either. I don't need furniture, I can be fine with whatever is provided. My biggest worry is people eating my food, using my things (toothbrush, soaps) it's happened before, irks me even though shit like that is minimal.

Definitely consider making one shelf for your food and one for theirs. Make clear boundaries like this. You might even say "you can have some milk, cheese, etc as long as you ask first".

I've never had a roommate use my toothpaste or shampoo or anything but you might consider having a shower caddy (basket) with your things in it. Keep it in your room until you go shower.

I've lived in the bare minimum where meth head roommates would rummage through my things, take my clothing, use my bathroom stuff. That was when I was younger, I don't want to go through that bullshit again. Most of my plan is almost mapped out. Just need the last few details. Thank you for your advice!

If you have a passport, there's plenty of places in SE Asia or South America whet you can live super cheap and work at a bar (or teach Engrish). If you're presentable and have a college degree then China and Japan and more 1st world locations are also options.

Shit dude that sounds awful. Hopefully that won't happen again. Mini-fridge in your room is also an option if food becomes an issue. But even as shitty as my old roommates were, the food issue wasn't nearly that bad.