Why was this season so terrible? I can't quite put my finger on it

Why was this season so terrible? I can't quite put my finger on it...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bfsg_eor5TM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MEN DISGUISED AS WOMEN DISGUISED AS RICK AND MORTY

it wasn't bad. it was overrated and you probably got annoyed with everyone saying 'pickle rick'

It's probably because it's a shitty, criminally overrated show

They relied on cheap humor too much

I've been watching since S1. Something definitely seemed off.

female writing staff duh, honestly the only ep i didn't care for was the second, the rickmancing the stone, i hated how summer was just this femminazi over the top character development for no good reason

new writing staff, a bunch of women were added in oder to be more "diverse"

>watching Reddit the show
>not watching Xavier renegade angel

Because this didn't happen

Proof that once again, women fuck up everything they touch

I'm really enjoying this season. Shows always change as they progress. Watch season one to three of any series and they will feel different. Shit would get boring if it stayed the same.

It's not off. Too many people anticipated too much during too long of a break between seasons.

Rick and Morty is probably one if the funniest and clever shows to come out in recent years. Its comedy for those with a High IQ its not "family guy" style comedy with poop and fart jokes.

i still loved the season so far, the evil morty subplot and tales from the citadel overall i felt were on point, the rick mancing the stone bit still was the worst of the series no doubt

>Season 1
New thing!
>Season 2
More new thing!
>Season 3
Why isn't the new thing new any more?

>Nobody here watches Black Jesus.

is this justin rolined

forever virgin

exactly right. The thing is a lot of the poop and fart joke mouth breathers also frequent Sup Forums and they will spout off how we're elitest or autists because we have standards and intelligence. But we all know that monkeys always fling poop when agitated, and these piles of shit here will do no different. They fear what they don't understand. And they don't understand much.

dubs says yes

Black Jesus is the shit. Wondering what's going to happen to season 3 now that Murphy's passed.

The show isn't deep enough anymore. They sacrificed deep scientific, political, belief questioning plots and went more towards cheap humor like your run of the mill cartoon. There isn't any deep twists anymore, none like the Mr jellybean scene, or Rick's suicide attempt, or rick replacing and burying their dead selves. The only satisfying episodes this season were first one (gave some possible, yet disprobable back story into rick), and the whirly dirly conspiracy (cause it actually had some interesting character development). For the time they had, they really left where the show once was and are trying too hard to change it to fit a growing audience. Some people like the change, and that's fine. Personally though, it just lost what it once was.

Bro you serious? Literally Rick is always burping and shit. They make a giant ass mess out of rats for the gore effect. Plain and simple it's over hyped. The show is OK and that's it. I enjoy it because it's different but not because it's this super amazing show. The production of the show is great but I don't expect anything out of it. When you have standards you get disappointed if they aren't there and hype only raises those standards. Family Guy is kinda ass rn but when it's on its something to watch

>muh fedora iq
how's that "high" functioning autism thing working for you user?

Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon are still running shit. They decide the direction the show takes and have final say on what goes on the air.

A kid killed his sister at a resort where the gimmick was you can never die. Stop trying to be a basement movie reviewer and just enjoy the humor.

That has occurred several times in the show, just not with humans.

I liked s1 and 2 better but this season isn't bad. I think this season has had more themes around serious real life issues and the main characters aren't exactly the same as when they were introduced. In the earlier eps the characters were pretty much 1 dimensional and there weren't really any permanent consequences, so maybe OP misses the sense of carefree whimsy. But if shit never went anywhere it would inevitably go all family guy tier. I give this season a solid B.

In my opinion, only episode 2 was bad.

Rick and Morty must be to difficult for you to understand. Try Southpark kiddo.

How about when Evil Morty came back, that was a decent episode.

The show got a bit smarter, especially in the mad max and tales from the citadel episodes. Darker undertones, with a little less emphasis on absurd gag humor. Even pickle rick had a subplot that was more serious and somber, once you saw past the insanity of a pickle killing people with rat arms.

>acting like Rick and Morty is some kind of cryptic show only geniuses can understand

You know where that shitty show came from right?
youtube.com/watch?v=Bfsg_eor5TM

The original one got taken down, but this shit was relevant in like 2007 lmao. Doubt you were even on the internet during that time.

Also forgot to mention, that video is the same creators. Listen to the voices

Is this "The Rickle"?

Aw come on. South Park can be as smart as R&M and vice versa. You should have sent him to watch Family Guy instead.

>Lmao

Confirmed faggot. Opinion discarded.

>LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU LA LA LA

Lmao typical

They waited too long with launching season 3 and built up too much hype.

>Is this "The Rickle
pickle rock or the peoples pickle or the rickle which ever you prefer.

this season was pretty shit

Didn't just "wait" tho. Animation takes time, specially things as intricate as some of the heavier scenes from R&M.

>getting this triggered over a T.v. show.
>said Lmao again.

Howdy newfriend.

While I like rick and morty you're kidding right? Instead of fart jokes it's burping and swearing. It's the same shit just new.

You weren't even on the fucking internet around 2007, of course you have no idea where Rick and Morty originally came from. Pleb.

Howdy newfriend. Lmao

lmao

women head writers most of the season.

Only 2-4 (the ones written by the new writers) were subpar. 1 and 5 were decent. 6 and 8 were funny. 7 had a good plot.

Does it get better after the pilot? I thought it was fucking terrible.

Underage B&

Theyre trying way too hard to maintain what was already good. Happens with alot of [AS] shows. The less they cared the better it was.

they've only wrote 30% of the season

>nowhere in that reply did I mention my age

your new is showing

Each season has gotten progressively worse overall. While season 3 is definitely shit compared to 1, as season of a tv show in general it's still decent.

I'M PICKLE RICK XDDDDDDD

6/8 b8 youre almost there bud

PICKLE RICK m-morty haha *burp* man this show is so funnay

Pickle rick was the only weak episode tbh. Pickle rick was a B plot written like an A plot and the couciling was a B plot that was just wasn't explored properly.

I mean between tales of the citadel, whirly dirly conspiracy (excluding giantess fetish B plot) and rickshank redemption we've gotten some really strong episodes.

6/8 b8 just like your friend here

>le 9gag maymay

Check out the latest episode (about ricklantis)- that was a good one. Not many chuckles but very artistic.

That part was funny though. There was something more to be felt during the jelly bean and burying scene

This is exactly right. Bunch of whining kids.

The series is evolving. I can't really see it as being worse. If anything, the story is gaining more and more depth.

You guys have become so fucking predictable these days.

"Ohno the normies like a show that I also like, *maximum the cognitive dissonance* fucking normies and this retarded show".

It's just a fucking cartoon, it's never going to give you all the answers to the universe.

It's all about this one guy Justin Royland (?) who makes funny voices.

Put your fucking genius level deep aand complex analysis up your ass and either enjoy the show OR IGNORE IT.

Sperging out over a cartoon, you pathetic loser.

>touched by a woman
>been fucked up since
can confirm

Pleasure trolling you newfriend

>im an intellectual because my cartoon is better than your cartoon
Youre actually pathetic
Go debate about a goku vs naruto fight while youre at it

Yeah, often when you get to a certain point in shows it feels more like the show itself got worse, but it's just that its less 'new' to you.

i think the series 'llamas with hats' touched on that. if you keep trying to ramp things up, sooner or later your audience is going to become disappointed, so either you end it there or disappoint them at least a little bit..

because it wasn't

Just watch adventure time
>pic related

Yes.

if you didnt enjoy the new evil morty episode idk what is wrong with you.

my guess is "Everyone loves it so i must hate it" bullshit
little kid hipsters lmao

yeah anyone who has actually given the show a chance and says they dont like it is a hipster bitch. have your own opinions... dont be sheep.

either that or they just arent smart enough to get half of the humor.

the plot was fine but any attempt at humor fell flat. i don't understand how the fuck that episode is on the top of the imdb chart with a score of 9.9. no episode in the entire series is anywhere near THAT good.

everyone loved the pickle rick episode, but honestly it reminded me of American Dad. Which isn't bad I love american dad's style of jokes, but it just wasnt rick and morty enough.

i didn't. it was my third least favorite episode behind vindicators and interdimensional cable 2.

I could see Stan turning himself into a pickle with some CIA tech to get out of going to therapy and the rest of the family goes to a therapy session and Roger ends up being the therapist. I think it would've made a way better episode of American Dad. Even the Jaguar guy, that's the kind of shit american dad does introducing some random character and acting like you are supposed to know who they are. even with the jaguar title card, totally out of character for the show. definitely more of an american dad episode.

Season 3 is definitely the weakest but I don't think it's bad. Although the fact that each season has gotten worse each time is worrying. Hopefully the new writers get fired.

yeah it was just too random for me. seemed very out of character.

Summer is about to be an 'empowering' bitch.

so true

The first episode was alright, pickle rick was pretty good, the rest were fucking horrible. No plot line, no adventure. Just boring shit. Vindicators was the worst

>the plot was fine
you say that like it's finished.
it was a great piece of advancements in SEVERAL plot lines in the show. not to mention the "stand by me" subPlot

if you didnt find the humor funny thats YOUR experience. I found a few jokes in that episode funny.

>dan harmon
There's your problem

R&M is the most overrated shit going. The animation style is lazy as fuck, the voicing is grating and the episode 'plots' have less direction than a fucking spongebob episode.

It's also full of pseudo symbolism and terrible attempts to thumb in 'relevant' humour.

ive got great news for you then

>pic related

>watching Xavier renegade angel
>not watching Eric Andre

Please, fuck off back to /r/eddit.
Rick and Morty is shit, no questions asked.

Holy fuck, I just learned that you can't say /r/eddit normally. I am a god among men.

>kiddo
Consider suicide.