Pizza. $1.50 to make, $10+ to sell. Explain?

Pizza. $1.50 to make, $10+ to sell. Explain?

people are lazy

Did you have to harvest, deliver, store, assemble, and cook all of the ingredients?

profit

fuck that was easy

its capitalism you fucking retard

no I'm just a millennial I don't understand anything

>what is overhead
>what are profits

/thread

the cheese on it alone is about $5

Actually, $3

Lmfao are you retarded?

Iphones. $10 to make, $800+ to sell. Exploon?

More like 1 dollar.

yes but was is the origin of profit? i still hold that value is generated through human labor

More like $1,300.00 to sell. Fuck ifags and thier fagPhoneX

its 3, used to work in pizza hut

Tobuilda mediumpizzathe cheese is the most expensive ingredient at $2.00, with the dough adding about $0.25 and the sauce $0.35.

i dont understand morons who buy ready food instead of cooking at their own

so they can make money by just selling one, they aren't gonna sell all the pizzas at once, they have to make profit nigga

to make a good pizza like they do at the pizza restaurants, you need a pizza oven. one that cooks at far higher temperatures that what you can achieve with your oven at home. this goes up into the thousands of dollars for one.

do you want to spend thousands of dollars so that you can make cheap $1 pizzas or do you just want to spend $10 on a pizza for the rest of you life? It's all about the cost of investment versus just buying the product from somebody else. It's the same thing with everything else in life.

you could buy and take care of cows and get milk for free or you could just buy milk. you could become a beekeeper and harvest honey from your bees, but that too is a hefty investment and a lot of work when you could just BUY the honey from the store.

Looks like you never went to a cinema.

Popcorn. $0.10 to make, $7 to sell.
Soda. $0.01 to make, $5 to sell.

Really just depends on the cheese

Lol not only are most of you too retarded to know how business works, but you've also never seen a single episode of 'the price is right'

combo pizza from costco is about 10 after tax.. worth it for not having to buy your own toppings.

Dumb niggers than think they're worth $15 an hour.

Next question?

it's only 1.50 to make if you buy in huge bulks
stop being retarded

They need to because they don't make too much off ticket prices.

I literally own a pizzaria.
1.50 in raw ingredients.
Commercial rent is expensive af.
Wages are expensive af.
Gas ovens? Expensive af.
Electricity.
Alarm systems.
Computer system for the tills etc.
Accounting fees.
Legal retainer.
Taxes.

This shit adds up. A 10$ pizza = maybe a 1$ left over after everything.

This is why min. wage increases = people fired. I'll pay people what they're worth, if I am told I HAVE to pay some shitlord 3 times what they're worth, I just wont hire them, I'll work 14 hr days 7 days a week myself, better deal for me.

convenience

cost of goods is usually around 25%. then you have rent, wages...wait fuck you go read a book

niggers inflation premeditation of said ingredients into a dish instead of convience

is this real

also this has fuck all to do with minimum wage. raising minimum wage means more people can afford to buy pizza. read. a. fucking. book.

you are uncompetitive so gtfo racist shitlord

lmao never hard to find the fucking retard

>economics lele

>I'll pay people what they're worth
I'm assuming you mean the number they already tell you you have to pay them.

That's how businesses make money dumbass.
You also have to pay for employees, rent, utilities, marketing, accountants, equipment etc.

Min. wage goes up. Burger flipper makes more.
Hard working men trying to support their families don't make more.
Cost of everything goes up.
Min wagers are back right where they started.
Hard working people trying are set back.
The elites are unaffected.

Min wage is almost entirely responsible for the massive gap between the middle and upper class.
Min wage pulls the middle class down towards poverty, and doesn't affect the upper class in any notable way.

Read a book.

>150 grams of all purpose flour
>150 grams of 00 flour
>8 grams salt
>8 grams of yeast
>drizzle of olive oil
Knead it up, let it rest for 15 minutes, knead it up again, cover and let rise about 3-4 hours or until doubled in size (or throw it in the fridge overnight).

Bam, pizza dough.

>1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
>3-4 cloves of minced garlic
>pinch of salt
>Dried italian herbs (oregano, thyme, basil) to taste
>3 tbsps of olive oil
Put tomatoes in a blender and pulse until chunky but not pureed. Heat the olive oil, cook down the garlic, then add the other ingredients. Simmer for an hour.

Bam, pizza sauce

>Turn oven to its highest setting
>Punch down and flatten out pizza dough into pizza shape
>Spread with sauce, cheese, and toppings to your taste
>Cook pizza on a floured pizza stone or baking sheet, 5-10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown on top and slightly burnt on bottom

Easy as hell. Except for the waiting for dough to rise/sauce to cook (during which you can do other stuff) it takes about as long to make a pizza as it does to call and wait for delivery. I do it at least once a week. And it tastes 1000x better than the shit from any pizzeria because you can tweak every element to be exactly how you like it.

If I have to pay someone at least 10$ an hour, I'll fire everyone that doesn't provide me with 10$ hour worth of quality work.
So, the average usless cunt that can;t do better than min. wage isn't worth 10$? then I guess they don;t have a job. Ill put Ipads in the lobby for people to order on, and I'll have 1-2 adult men in the back producing shit, and pay them what they are worth, instead of having 10 college students or highschool kids.
I'm not gonna pay someone 10$ an hour when they cant produce for me.

The reality is, if the business fails, I lose everything, not the dumb fucks who can't develop the skills to take care of themselves without handouts like min. wage. It's my risk, my gamble, my lively hood, and I'll do what I have to to get returns and push through, including doing the work of 5 min. wagetards myself to save the wages.

Hello fellow liberal! I too believe that materials are the only inputs in production and thay any profit is exploitative. Fuck blumphy!

Just because human labor generates that value doesn't mean that the labor is entitled to a equal cut of the profits.

Forgot to mention that the 8 grams of yeast should be dissoved in 3/4 cup of lukewarm water,

Screenshotted for future use

I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. You can only pay as much as you can still make a profit from it.

That said, do you really think it's right to employ someone at a wage that leaves them unable to pay their basic living expenses? If your business is set up in such a way that you can't pay your people enough to stay alive, then perhaps your business should fail. Fail or adapt.

1$ = 4 of coin
My economics teacher in highschool showed the video because he looks like john c reilly.

Why is it so hard to accept that some jobs will always pay shit and that you should apply some effort if you want to make good money?

Mad poorfag