I gut bed bug bite. What do?

you're fucked

Diatomaceous earth it gets rid of everything form fleas to bed bugs

Tell your parents.
Empty your room.
Bug bomb the shit out of it.

Put Pillows in dryer.

And this shit works miracles.

is it ok to use on carpet? easy to vaccum back up? how is it in terms of safety? do I need to leave the house for a bit?

so do I need to completely empty my room of all things? Or can I just clean it up a bit (take shit off the ground), and then sprinkle that shit everywhere for a day (I assume longer better)

Those don't look like bed bug bites. At all. They are usually in a line. Or in a row. Go to a doctor and get a biopsy. If it is bed bugs, the only way to get rid of them is to hire a professional. You cannot get rid of them on your own. No one has yet. People say they have, but they're mistaken. I know, I've dealt with all of this shit before and researched bed bugs for weeks. This is shitty, but it's just the way things are.

That shit is basically like finely crushed up glass. It will destroy everything alright. Including the fine parts of the inside of the lungs in everyone's bodies in the entire household. Never use that shit inside. For anything. Fuck.

Just clean up as much as possible, and if you're going to bug-bomb it, remove electronics.

I've found that diatomaceous earth doesn't work on bedbugs.

But Sevin does. Get the dust kind.

stock photo. Mine are 4 rows, each one with around 5 bites decreasing in intensity for each consecutive bite. It's basically a 4x5 perfect square.

Also, don't want to use it if its going to fuck up my lungs. Also, don't really have any electronics so that should be fine. I just have a huge bookcase on my wall that will be near nigh impossible to move

If you can afford it, call an exterminator.
Otherwise, by Bug-Bombs and read the instructions.
/thread

Well that sounds like bed bug bites then.

A bug bomb will do nothing. A thousand bug bombs will do nothing. They go inside the cracks in walls and flooring that humans can't even see with the naked eye. It will just cause them to hide and then come back out later.

Call a pro.

bug bombs? any particular type? so you're saying no to the earth stuff?

Also, apartment complex, don't think they'd let me bomb it.

If the bug bombs use pyrethrin-class insecticides, they won't work. Bed bugs have evolved resistance to them.

It's safe for humans, some are even food grade
It is crushed up bugs

I used this shit once.
It worked fine.
And yes, you can use it in an apartment.

OP is steadfastly ignoring the knowledgeable posters like a gigantic faggot.

do a barrel roll

Note: active ingredient is pyrethrins, which don't fucking work. I once put a bedbug in a shot glass of that stuff and he swam around in it for half an hour. Eventually I had to flush him down the toilet.

I'm an expert at this. Seriously, listen to me. Put diatomaceous earth dust everywhere. It is the only way to win.

Not bed bugs, this is the mark of an abduction victim.
Notice the uniformity of the angles that make up the marks, it's triangle.

You must listen to me carefully, you are going to be taken again and there is nothing you can do to stop it. The best advice I can give is to sleep with some sort of cork in your anus to stop anal probes.

All the best.

A few commercial insecticides will kill bed bugs if applied carefully and directly to the insects and their hiding places. An exception is “Bug bombs”, or aerosol foggers. Foggers are mostly ineffective in controlling bed bugs.

I know what it is. I own a shitload of it. I use it for things - OUTSIDE. You never use it inside some dwelling in which there are living things. Juts because it may say something on the label doesn't mean you want to risk losing parts of your lungs by taking a chance on it. If you use it, you're going to be sorry. It's not safe in small closed in spaces like homes or buildings with doors and walls. Once it gets in the air from walking around or just a slight bit of wind or a fan or an A/C unit, you're lungs are literally toast. Shredded Alveoli leads to the hospital and maybe partial loss of the lung.

well simple searches seem like diatomaceous earth dust is used for bed bugs and is generally safe. Bug bombs appear to be semi-useless due to reasons stated on this post (they can hide in boards and cracks and walls and whatnot)

I laughed, oldfag

Maybe you should just fucking burn the apartment down. Fuck it, right?
Google it yourself, OP. This is stupid.
/thread

Inhalation ofcrystallinesilica is harmful to the lungs, causingsilicosis.Amorphoussilica is considered to have low toxicity, but prolonged inhalation causes changes to the lungs.[26]Diatomaceous earth is mostlyamorphous silica, but contains some crystalline silica, especially in the saltwater forms.[27]In a study of workers, those exposed to natural D.E. for over 5 years had no significant lung changes, while 40% of those exposed to the calcined form had developedpneumoconiosis.[28]Today's common D.E. formulations are safer to use as they are predominantly made up of amorphous silica and contain little or no crystalline silica.[29]

The crystalline silica content of D.E. is regulated in the United States by theOccupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA), and there are guidelines from theNational Institute for Occupational Safety and Healthsetting maximum amounts allowable in the product (1%) and in the air near the breathing zone of workers, with arecommended exposure limitat 6mg/m3over an 8-hour workday.[29]OSHA has set apermissible exposure limitfor diatomaceous earth as 20 mppcf (80mg/m3/%SiO2). At levels of 3000mg/m3, diatomaceous earth is immediately dangerous to life and health.[30]

It's the only way to win if you enjoy lung disease.

These trolls are trolling OP. Don't do it.

thanks for the ideas guys. so from google searches, seems like DE FOOD GRADE, is safe to use indoors (relatively), and is effective in treating bugs. Probably spread it a little bit, use a mask, open the window for ventilation, leave it throughout the day while I'm out, vaccum at night, and hopefully no more bed bugs

scratch that, don't really want it going up into the air, no open window.

call an exterminator, dumbass

don't have the money for that shit... dumbass. And i'm not going to call an exterminator for a few bed bugs if i can do it myself

You can't do it yourself, no one can. That's why we're telling you these things. If you dig hard enough, you will find out that there is not one single case in which "actual" bed bugs have been "found" and "identified" and were eradicated by do-it-yourself means. Not. One. Single. Case.

SMH

It will cost a lot of money. People have had to get a second mortgage over bed bugs, or sell their fucking vehicle to pay for it. Why do you think they are so feared user? Once you get them, they will go with you wherever you move. They are almost impossible to destroy because they have evolved to a level that we have never seen before. Once they were just a nuisance, but now they are almost impossible to get rid of. They have mutated and now have a resilience to withstand almost all attempts at eradication.

>for a few bugs
>a few bugs
>a few

nigga you have no idea what you are dealing with
if you can see one, then there are thousands that you are not seeing, they come out only at night to feed, usually

you are not dealing with this in the right way and they're just multiplying as we type, damn

yeah... I came here for ideas for how to treat them, but sure, super bed bugs cannot be killed unless by an elite team of exterminators armed with the state of the art artillery and explosive rounds made out of uranium bombs.

There are multiple cases of people resolving this conflict themselves. Sorry you had to sell your car

change your sheets

I've never had bed bugs user. Sell my car? What the fuck? HAHA

Most doctors or exterminators will explain this to you. See, you haven't even made that simple step yet. You need a biopsy to find out if it's bed bugs. Only a doctor can do that. The cases that the do-it-yourself method worked - WERE NOT ACTUAL CASES OF BED BUGS.

Read that last sentence about 1000 times until you get it embedded deep down into your brain.

Now go to the doctor and get a biopsy and then go from there.

you either don't know what a biopsy is, or are trolling the wrong person. Regardless, again, I'm sorry you had to sell your car

how much did you sell the car for?

this nigga is partly right
a family member thought they had bedbugs and went to the doctor but I don't think they did a biopsy
but they did examine it and it wasn't bedbugs but some type of skin disorder that looks really close to the same

Looks like the bedbugs must be oldfags cos they can triforce.

I'm not trolling. My neighbors had all kinds of shit like that over the last few years, in two different places. Luckily, I never got anything. When you have any form of sore or "bite" on your skin, a dermatologist can determine if it is an insect bite or something else. They narrow it down. A good doctor also has experience with bed bug bites and knows what to look for, the pattern of the bites. A lot of people thought they had bed bugs and put all kinds of pesticides out and then their skin condition went away or it killed the "ants" or "mosquitoes" or whatever was causing the bites. Then they go ape shit telling everyone online how they got rid of bed bugs using such and such. This is like common knowledge among people who live around others and have experiences in life with everything from bug bites to parasites.

I'm old. Been there, done all that shit. Lived through it.

Wouldn't own a car. I drive a truck, bitch.

inb4 how much did you sell your truck for?

My dad did a lot of charity work in homeless shelters, we wound up with the fucking things. They ate us alive fire days before we even thought bed bugs. We sealed up our mattresses in these special plastic shrink bags and duct tape so they couldn't get out to feed or procreate and cleaned the fuck out of all cloth in the house. I think we got lucky cuz the fix seemed hokey to me, but I continued to sleep on that same mattress for another 7 years or so before I bought a new one. Never got another bite following the bags going on and the wardrobe getting washed.

>They ate us alive fire days before we even thought bed bugs.
>They ate us alive fire days
>ate us alive fire days
>fire days

damn

yeah, i think ima try and search for them, find some actual evidence. It might not even be my bed, it could be my couch too. Then spray some of that earth shit around the sides of my bed area and couch area, and hopefully that'll resolve it.

OP you fuck,
I haven't posted on Sup Forums in years but you've forced my hand.

If you live in an apartment, and you've got goddamn bedbugs, you HAVE to tell your fucking landlord for two reasons:
#1) they can and WILL spread to the rest of the building, infesting every unit over time and making everyone's lives hit
#2) It may not have been brought in by you, and unless they can actually prove it was your fault, the landlord pays the exterminator fees.

Also, like the other guy who has delt with bedbugs has clearly stated: YOU CANNOT HANDLE THIS ON YOUR OWN. You MUST get an exterminator.

Also, how has no one suggested a fucking bedbug sheet for the mattress and box spring? Get them on amazon if you have to, but an exterminator will provide.

Take every sheet, comforter, pillow and pillowcase you own, and throw it away. Put it in plastic bags and throw it out. It's dead to you now. It's covered in bugs and gone. Get white sheets and comforters, the bedbugs will leave shit (literally it's their shit), if they're still around. It's a good way to see if you're clear.

Get an exterminator to check it out.

Every other fabric or linen in your apartment is going to be run through he dry cycle on high twice. You will torch all your clothes. This is the only way to kill the eggs. If your clothes dont survive, sorry, they weren't worth saving.

Pull your bed away from the wall, never let it touch the wall again.

Get an exterminator to check it out.

Call your landlord.

God dude, this is bigger than just you, and the longer you delay or try to save costs, the more likely you are to fuck over yourself and the rest of the building. In the long term is is significantly less expensive to just do things right the first time.

It felt like fire, but I meant five.

fuckin lurk

>In the long term is is significantly less expensive to just do things right the first time.

OP hasn't even called the landlord. He'll learn. It will be one hell of a lesson, though.

using lurk as a noun?
interdasting

only surefire way to kill off a bedbug infestation is with heat. toss the room, and heat (with all the furniture and stuff still in the room to 120 degrees for 4 hours. use some fans to circulate hot air uner the bed and other hard to reach places. stand up the bed and other stuff like that so heat will reach all areas of the bed.

heat is the ONLY way to for sure kill off an entire infestation

OP here
never had bed bug bites at all just trolling the fuck out of some early morning faggots on Sup Forums

It's not a full blown infection, it's probably a few bed bugs that can be handled and killed effectively and quickly. This apartment complex has a long history of problems with roaches, and probably bed bugs as well. I'm pretty sure my building is not the only one effected, and they probably aren't even from my building. Could be, but it's more likely the problem is widespread.

heat doesn't do jack shit, they'll just go into hibernation, and it's not effective at killing all of them

>It's not a full blown infection
>full blown infection
>infection

nigga u retartit

your bed bug issue is minor compared to your dumbass issue

We were all young once.

All the more reason to call the landlord.

>empty your room
>wash all your clothes in and bedding in hot water
>have a professional come examine and hopefully treat the mattress.

Check the little plastic guards on your box spring and a long the edges of the mattress. They love to hide in small spaces like that to lay eggs. If you can, try to blast them with steam to kill them.

Depending on the infestation, you may have to get rid of the bed. The sooner you have a professional examine and treat the room the better.

OP don't listen to these newfags Get some Diatomaceous earth and lightly cover everything around your bed and your bug problem will be gone. I had an infestation a few years back and this worked like a charm.

yeah I'm definitely going to try and clean the room as much as possible and do a full search through the entire mattress, furniture, and room tomorrow.

bed bugs only eat blood. They don't spread like cockroaches. You've been somewhere and they've gotten on your clothes or something.

also check inside your box spring too if you can see through the bottom.

exactly! no reason to go and call an exterminator. I think just killing the ones around me should do the trick.

They also have like a 30 ft range and travel through walls and attach to fabric so there's no possible way they could spread to other apartments...

OH WAIT.

Get a steam cleaner they are best killed with heat.

This is simply untrue.

I hope you're trolling, for your own sake
wtf smh

>
it definitely works on bed bugs. I had bed bugs and that was the only thing I used to get rid of them

120 is not hot enough. 160 minimum exterminators usually go for 200.

well concensus seems to be split between calling exterminator and using Diatomaceous earth . I'll tell the landlord, see what they do. If they don't do anything, or are to slow to do anything, i'll try and use the powder and see if it does anything.

thanks for the feedback everyone (still sorry about your car man, true tradgy)

Well you got lucky and they never actually infested you.

DE is effective on Ants and Roaches because they have very high metabolism / blood pressure. When the DE punctures their carapace they bleed out. Bed bugs do NOT have high blood pressure and DE is nearly ineffective. Poison like Hot Shot, Pyrethrin or Heat work and that is about all.

haha wtf are you talking about
no exterminator is going to come to your apartment complex and try to heat the entire building up to temperatures like that
for one thing, it's impossible unless the motherfucker is on fire HAHAHAHAHA WTF

>no one has yet
Look, lord of Retardonia, just bc you're fucking useless doesn't mean we all are.

>tradgy

OP is retartit

They use a steam wand, numbnuts.
They just use it on the places that have, or are likely to have, bedbugs.

you idiot.That isn't even how it works. DE works on puncturing the exoskeleton causing the insect to slowly dehydrate. It is incredibly effective against any insect

well, user is right
there really is no DIY for an infestation of bedbugs

What if we like having our rectums assaulted relentlessly with space dildos?

If they're slow to act, you can report them for not taking care of the tenants to your city or state department that oversees tenant/landlord law enforcement. It's a huge breach of tenant safety to let an infestation persist.

bruh I already told you, heat doesn't do shit again bed bugs. That is shit logic from the 90s

exterminators be making espresso

After doing much research I had an exterminator out last April and they did in fact heat the Apartment to 200 for 8 hours they had to disconnect the buildings fire detection systems and I had to remove all aerosols and inflammables like booze.

Your comment is simply wrong.

Paper burns at 451 and most every thing else can resist temperatures up to 290.

Yes, there are. Your failure doesn't mean nobody can, bc lots have, myself included.

Fucking this to be honest. I've been in Housekeeping for years and pretty much this is the deal.

Once your infestation is cleared out OP, do like this user says and get bedbug proof mattress covers

This. Bedbug leave tiny little black poops that look like a full-stop (or a period) in a book or some text.

If an infestation is bad enough, it'll smell like rotting berries.

damn honey was ur numba?

you must have a tiny apartment or just don't own very many cool things user

200 degrees in my apartment and half of it would explode

also, it would be impossible to move my entire guitar collection, comic book collection, rare book collection, televisions, consoles, computers, etc etc etc out of my apartment for 8 hours

I don't believe you

Go back to /lgbt/ nigga

you simply did not have actual bed bugs haha

That is exactly how it works.

They bleed out they do not dehydrate come on think about it you puncture their exoskeleton AKA Carpace. Any way I will trust the exterminators and the research using google before I trust a Sup Forumstard.

DE is most often used as pool filter media and the Chinese sell a chalk like stick for Ant control but the powders are only effective on Roaches and Ants. BTW Roaches eat bedbugs as do centipedes.

nigga ima straight ass nigga tryna get with some sweet housekeeping ladies.

OP here, well I have a roach problem, so why would I have a bed bug problem then?

We absolutely 100% had bedbugs in a household on the main floor and putting out diatemaceous earth and throwing out the source of them (they were mainly residing in a reclining chair) and doing a thorough inspection and cleaning of the furniture's nooks/crannies, spraying areas with a water and alcohol solution to kill any eggs, etc.

The bed bugs did go away.

Just had it done last April as I already said.

The anecdotal evidence would seem to trump the DE answers here..

there is plenty of anecdotal evidence on DE here.

whatever you have, you have a bad case of it
I don't think it has anything to do with bugs

Don't much care what you believe.

Your guesses do not change IRL experience.

And if you were suffering an infestation you would do what ever you fucking had to too end it. It is extremely disruptive tones life and ones sleep. I have a 2 Bedroom just shy of 1000 Sq, feet. So not huge no..

>be me
>stop by second hand store
>usually only go in to see if they have any old records and pc games (find a bunch of both once in a while there)
>see a nice entertainment center for cheap
>buy it, i needed a new one
>bring it home
>week goes by and i notice bite marks
>"shit, fucking mosquitoes"
>never see any mosquitos
>hmm....
>strange...
>sitting on shitter
>see little brown bug scurrying towards me
>get a good look at it
>google
>GODDAMN IT...
>tried all pesticides
>tried Sevin
>tried diatomaceous earth (which I have sitting next to me, Harris brand)
>not a goddamn thing gets rid of these fucking things
I think the best thing to do is just burn my house down. I cant afford a fucking pest control professional to come out, and gas is pretty cheap right now