If you could pick any one deceased musician to be alive and well today, and for them to live a long life...

If you could pick any one deceased musician to be alive and well today, and for them to live a long life, who would you choose?
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MLMi_ab5-30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not D Boon so Mike Watt can be a happy boy again and then finish the saga with History Lesson pt. 3 and continue making great music

Frank Zappa because I want to see how he parodies 90s RnB, dubstep and trap

Martin Kearns because i want more Bolt Thrower

imagine a Zappa animal collective parody

Why? The other 3 Ramones are dead, what would he do? Marky would probably be pissed.

>pic related is my choice

Probably just complain about modern music and make "cuckservative" political commentary.

I'm almost certain Euronymous would get avant as fuck and put out at least a couple more masterpieces had he lived longer.

The guy really got a raw deal and even died before he could experience the recognition and appreciation of his type of music like Fahey did.

so he'd start making shitty nu-male metal?

I know, I know, easy and obvious pick, but I can't help but wonder what subsequent Joy Division albums would be like

Yeah, but him dying was for the best. New Order > Joy Division

wiiii uuuuu

New Order is better

but if Bernard hadn't become the lead singer, maybe the band wouldn't have fallen apart, and we'd have a steady stream of Peter Hook basslines throughout the 90s and 00s

That'll be the day.

This

Been said a million times, but he was way ahead of his time.

>implying Ian wasn't going to leave Joy Division to work with Genesis P-Orridge

Psychic TV had a very fluid and constantly revolving lineup, I don't think he would have had to leave JD to work with P-Orridge.

>listen to the Chirping Crickets album
>expect That'll be the Day plus mediocre filler
>every single song is great
Buddy the true GOAT

also if you bring Ian back, he'll hang himself in the 80s when the Hacienda debt and the band's tax evasion is ruining his life.

He wanted away from the pressure from being in Joy Division. He was overworked to the point of it affecting his health and underappreciated, and due to them becoming more renown, a lot was expected of Joy Division along with touring. Genesis said that Ian had talked about wanting to leave and maybe do an industrial project with them.

michel angel batio? he is still alive tho.

>you will never hear his solo orchestral works

Jim Morisson

Am I a pleb if I think he's tremendously overrated?

It's either him or Jaco Pastorius

Jimi Hendrix

Yes

You probably think of him as "hurr durr pedals on muh bass" guy but pretty much all of Metallica's great songs have heavy Cliff and Dave influence over them

Euronymous - dude was obviously still not in his prime yet and had a lot of room to grow. Even one of his last contributions (that one riff on Emperor's second album) is great.

Bix Beiderbecke - Already so influential on so many people, but didn't get to live that long. It would've been interesting to see if perhaps he would've taken a different route from Armstrong well into the great depression.

Jimi Hendrix - I genuinely think what we saw from him was nothing compared to what he could've done. He could've gone to the 70s hard rock scene, or the heavy metal scene, or the jazz fusion scene, maybe all three. But we'll never know.

John Coltrane - This guy was on a roll and on the real cutting edge of jazz when he was still alive. Unlike the Bix comparison to Armstrong up there, this one's even more tragic because it was obvious he was already going down his own path different from Davis who was the other big one at the time.

Charles Mingus - I am in the "Mingus is overrated" camp, but I still really would've loved to see him optimize and use his admittedly amazing bandleading to hear the best possible version of Epitaph.

Bach - Unfinished Fugue. That's all that needs to be said.

Patrician choice

Freddie Mercury or John Lennon, it would be an interesting modern world.

The wife-beater

:(

this guy right here. I daydream about bringing him back and playing him guitar music as it rose to the number-one musical instrument after his death, a change that he fomented. to be the first person to play Hendrix, Grant Green, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Page, Clapton, Fahey, SRV, Vernon Reid for him, seeing what his reaction to Loveless would be like. have some guitars, pedals and effects processors in the room with the reanimation chamber.

John would have been perfect for the 80's

...the music died

Zappa. Because I would love to hear his commentary about 911, Trump and the alt right.

Good job picking the cuntiest Ramone OP

found the leftist

my boy chester

This I wonder how he would parody today's hip hop/ rap and Ed Sheeran

Obvious pick, Minutemen would have became absolute legends

Marc Bolan

sleep well big swifty

YES!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with you faggots? The correct answer is Chuck Schuldiner, the only musician in history to have an entire discography of 10/10 albums.

RIP

this one in your pic or roy orbison

Jay Reatard

he was young, so he wasn't past his prime yet. he probably would have cranked out another couple of noisy pop punk albums.

ditto for the Exploding Hearts

Ronnie James Dio

Fucking This, just to hear what crazy shit he would say. I think he would hate Trump and would have probably endorsed Gary Johnson or Jill Stine.
He was a pretty big on conspiracies. Just imagine him hanging out with Alex Jones as they talk about the Illuminati while drinking beer.
Too bad the CIA gave him cancer or so Zappa Claims

john lenno. I wanna see his take on everything

Randy Rhoads. He would have written some epic metal solos

D Boon and Randy Rhodes are really the examples where the death was genuinely tragic. Both were really young, there was no drugs or suicide involved, and probably had good music left in them.

Johnny Cash or Freddie Mercury

Freddie Mercury

>He was a pretty big on conspiracies. Just imagine him hanging out with Alex Jones as they talk about the Illuminati while drinking beer.
Do you honestly think that would've happened? The story from Thing-Fish isn't factual though. There have been interviews in which he's a prophet, while being his usual cynical and bitter self:
youtu.be/MLMi_ab5-30
>Too bad the CIA gave him cancer or so Zappa Claims
What? Source?