Who is the greatest european basketball player of all time?

Who is the greatest european basketball player of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h9p-KQx06Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=ic6Ow0_3CAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dirk.

Kobe Bryant

dirk

dirk

parker

sabonis

basketball is boring

Does Italy claim Kobe Bryant?

No.

If Sabonis didn't get bogged down with injuries, this wouldn't even be a question.

Dirk and Sabonis. One for what he did for years in Europe, one for what he became in the NBA.

Hon. Mention to based Sarunas Marchlionis, who was a man among boys but broke his body too soon

this

gotta mention tony parker as well

1. Bodiroga
2. Kukoc
3. Danilovic
4. Nowitzki
5. Stojakovic
6. Radja
7. Gasol
8. Jasikevicius
9. Petrovic
10. Teodosic

European Basketball:

Bodiroga
Danilovic
Djordjevic
Jasikevicius
Navarro

Europeans in NBA:
Kukoc
Nowitzki
Stojakovic
Gasol
Sabonis

Not counting Petrovic he was great but we couldn't know what he could achieve, not counting Parker because I think he's an american by his dad. Also notable mentions to Carlton Myers, Riguauedeu (can't spell), Stombergas, Fucka, Spanoulis, Kutlay, Oded Katash, Divac, Komazec and honorary mentions to Ademola Okulaja, Zidek, Ilgauskas and the great Duenas.

Detlef Schrempf was a gooden'

Someday Giannis will be

Team Europe

C: Sabonis
PF: Gasol
SF: Nowitzki
SG: Petrovic
G: Parker

WHO ARE THE BEST NON-SLAVIC EUROPEANS?

>no Sabonis
Sabonis was at his best in European basketball and beat the USA in the Olympics.

See above and replace Petrovic with Marchulonis, Spanoulis or Navarro.

>greece
>europe

nope

Nash or Yao

dirk nowitzki

bojan bogdanvic will be if he keeps playing like he is right now though

Toni

>almost all of them played in italy
good times

Has to be Dirk. He's what top 5 or 6 in scoring now? He's not done either.

youtube.com/watch?v=h9p-KQx06Ew

this t b h

>If Sabonis didn't get bogged down with injuries

OH well shit lets just give him a pass then

F ;_;

Not even a discussion.

Nah Ginobili nigga

My bad senpai I forgot about him. Olajuwon too, can't believe no one's brought him up yet.

all heïl the

Rik Smits and Schrempf are always overlooked when making these lists.

It's really crazy how little credit Rik Smits gets here, barely anyone knows him and I believe he only does really small things. Francisco Elson gets more attention because he got a ring as a scrub with the Spurs.

Really too bad basketball isn't big at all here. Our national team qualified for the last European Championships, which was a massive accomplishment but all players had to pay for their own flights during the qualifiers.

It's Dirk. Others are close, but Dirk is closing in on being a top ten player, period.

only if the rape charges came through

Dirk. One of the all time best players, and not just in Europe. That being said, I'm really pumped about Jokic, Bojan Bogdanovic, and Saric, they all seem to be fantastic players. Come next season, I expect great things from Teodosic and Zizic, who are supposed to go to NBA, and I also expect major improvement from Zubac, and Bjelica. Would also love seeing based BOBAN getting more minutes, I'm convinced he deserves them.

he is south american . blacker than me

Dirk

Nikola Jokic will go down as the GOAT, mark my words

This. No question.

Once Dirk retires, the best current Euro NBA player will be either Nikola Jokic or Kristaps Porzingis

whoops, meant Danilo Gallinari

Dirk and it's not even close. He's an MVP.

user got his nuggets mixed up lol

How come the best one (Dirk) comes form a country without basket ball culture??

Also Yuro b ball player power ranking

Among the bests in history tier:

Dirk
Sabonis

Top tier

Bodiroga, Pau, Petrovic

Great tier

Parker, Danilovic, Kukoc, Divac, Jasikevicius, Navarro, Teodosic, Papaloukas, Radja

No you're right
Jokic is better than galo

Dirk without a doubt, but I find the lack of Pau ans TP disturbing.

1. Dirk
2. Sabonis
3. Pau
4. TP
5. Petrovic

This guy gets it.

Where do Stojakovic, Turkoglu, Okur and Kirilenko rank?

>euros are usually great passers
>but euros are rarely point guards
Why is this

Pretty good role player/ not European tier

Forgot Kirilenko, my bad!

Not sure if stojakovic really belongs to great tier. If so you could probably add Djordjevic too

You can't be a fly nigga if you pass niggas

Yuro style forward don't like the physical aspect of NBA PG. They suffer a lot in defense and usually lack pace and don't like playing against aggresive defenses the american PGs are great at.

They also rely a lot more on their teammates movements than they NBA counter parts so if the team doesn't move well as a whole they be very average. They tens to be less scorers

ex: Navarro, Papaloukas, or Jasikevicius were absolutly unstoppable in FIBA rules in teams with great movement but they pretty average if you put em in the basic NBA team

Europeans simply cannot match the agility and speed of African Americans guards.

If you're gonna put Danilovic in the great tier, then Stojak has to be there for sure.

I would also put Djordjevic, but his NBA career was very short and not noticeable.

If Rubio ever comes to the Spurs, he's gonna shatter all the lists.

>no one mentioning Dalipagić

Surely Detlef's career of 14-7-4 is better than a Rubio.

A small forward who rebounded & passed from the high post.

Thats some max contract shit.

>first european first pick ever
>italy proudest than ever
>lots of expectation
>he could be better than dirk
>one of the shittiest player the league ever witnessed
>kill_me.jpg

Dirk has a massive gap between him and anyone else

Ginobli

Dirk wait...

1. Dirk
2.Ginobli.

This was my favorite Italian player desu
youtube.com/watch?v=ic6Ow0_3CAY

Look out for Teodosic next season. He will either be superstar, or complete garbage.

>Zubac
Love him, hope he steadily improves and becomes a starter and eventually All-Star

uh, where's Peja Stojakovic?

>United States of America
>First world

nope

Oh he will definitely become a starter, and I do believe he has the potential to become a solid player. Not sure about All-Star, tho, there are much better centers / frontcourt players in the NBA than I think Zubac can ever be. Hope he proves me wrong, tho, he seems like a great guy, I'm rooting for him.

>He will either be superstar, or complete garbage.

wow, quite the prediction there

easy there, krout

I would love to see him in Utah, since he's good with Quin Snyder, he would probably give him the minutes he wants.

Or he can join the Nuggets like some rumors are saying, that would also be tight.

m8 you're too easily baited.

Hint: the fact that they're here posting on an American website really wins you the argument right off the bat.

What I meant was, he is a spectacular passer, possibly the best I've ever seen, he's a good shooter, and he's experienced. The thing I'm worried about is whether he will find a good team for him, because I'm pretty sure that if he doesn't find a PERFECT fit, he won't be able to showcase his skills and prove his worth. He's also not very athletic, and is a relatively poor defender, so a defensively minded team would probably be a bad idea.

Jazz would be nice. Hill/Teodosic PG rotation with both of them mentoring Exum.

patrician choice

also, all my hopes goes to pic related and I really hope he will be considered one of the best europeans one day

I wouldn't like to see him on the Nuggets. They have a great playmaker in Jokic, having both of them is kind of a waste. Jazz would be pretty dope, tho.

>barg
I have never seen a player with a bigger "I don't give a fuck " attitude

>one of the best europeans
All due respect to Gallo, I don't think this will ever happen. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but he's not great, let alone all time great.

Kudos for being all inclusive,man. I am serious,many people here are too petty to include players that aren't their own nationality.

he learned basketball on Houston, also

>European

Slava Medvedenco

Yeah, I agree with you guys.
It would be really cool to see him play for the same team that had Stockton and Pistol Pete.

Cheers! For what it's worth, I also believe Nurkic COULD become a great player. Not sure if his temperament will allow it, but the potential is surely there.

Everyone forgot Pek

I am a croat but I agree that Nurkic only needs to get his shit together to succeed. Jokic is almost an all star already.