Going back to college at 30. It's been so long since I've attended college. For those who have been in my position...

Going back to college at 30. It's been so long since I've attended college. For those who have been in my position, what is my best course of action/best bang for my buck? and what should I NOT do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5qeKeCr5-98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gender Studies

get your pre-requisites done at a community college and transfer them to your nearest State university. saves money, you still get the diploma from the school you want.

this is the course you SHOULD take.

Don't try explaining the real world to the snowflakes or the teachers. Keep your head down. Do the coursework, get the degree and bail. Do Not get involved in any campus politics and don't stick your dick in Crazy...

Use your worldly experience to trigger SJW's in some humanities subject

Yup

Just don't be a faggot know-it-all that questions everything the lecturer does and you'll be fine.

why would you want to go back to slave camp?are you mental?

I wanted to go to college but they dont teach anything I want to learn.
Organic farming wasnt taught instead it was all synthetics.
I wanted to make some models with a 3d printer in autocad and they put me in a english and art class instead saying its the foundation to what I want to do.
seriously youtube is a better source than college for information.
the university teaches better subjects for what I wanted but still fall short on seeing the big picture.

When I was 48, my sister in law kept arguing I should go back to college. She kept coming up with reasons why it would be a good idea until I mentioned how everyone just loves hiring a 50 something entry level.
She never mentioned it again.
Am now 50.

negro studies

youtu.be/5qeKeCr5-98

use this to dismantle the school with their own system.

But surely at that age you'd study something related to your field of work, not entirely different

I'm an OTR truck driver.

so be a good slave hahaha

This user gets it

you're an adult so just act like one

there will be a bunch of kids acting like adults but easily triggered over things

I got in an argument about whether or not the local radio is good, for example. Bitch from New York was pissed that there wasn't more Bruno Mars getting played I guess. This is in one of the best cities for music in the country where even the local bands that haven't hit it big yet are fantastic and get radio play.

I was right, but felt like a complete retard for even getting involved in an argument about music with a 19 year old woman.

you can usually take courses unrelated to being credit toward earning a degree

your laziness in getting a degree due to not wanting to take general education isn't a failing of the university

Purty much. Take the path of least resistance until you get out from under their thumbs. Then you can criticize the fuck out of them.

Finished my degree when I was 40. Had been working with an associates degree but had gone as far as I could.

Three night classes with a wife and three kids helping them with their homework while I did mine.

Do it before you get older.

Many unis want you to take unrelated courses. Engineers often need to take unrelated courses like history or art appreciation - because the uni doesn't want to pump out robots.

That's stupid
I get electives and I can take anything I want, I take math or more of my major (envirosci(

Learn to frame arguments in a manner the other can agree with.
No Bruno Mars? Well, the radio has only so much air time, and diversity requires they play lots of different bands. Bruno already had his air time - a lot of other bands need that air time now. She should just download his CDs

And when you get done, you will have no understanding outside of work. You will not be able to talk to people outside your career. There's more to life than your work, user. They want you to be a better person, not just a better worker.
Or so the argument goes...

You mean so they can get more money and support their self sustaining ecosystem of teaching subjects with no market value

This is the absolute truth. Fuck me if it won't be hard to follow when they ramp up the libcuckanise

That's another way to look at it.
I won't say the argument has no merit. It's just another way to look at it. But I have met some guys who are absolute shit tier ignorant morons outside their field of expertise.

Slay pussy. Use your wealth of adult knowledge to wheel young dumb sluts. It'll be like fishing with dynamite

So how's unemployment treating you?