Start album i haven't heard before

>start album i haven't heard before
>first few seconds of opening track sounds boring and doesn't catch my ear
>stop album and listen to something else

anybody else do this

you have ADHD, OP. Recognize this and force yourself to at least get through the first song and preview the rest. If it still doesn't catch you then move on

Yeah plebs do xD

Is it bad that the song has to be abrasive and chaotic instantly for me to like it

Usually when I stop listening to whatever I'll put on Death Grips for the 50,000th time because it scratches that itch

Dude sometime's it's hard, but I can usually sit through at least 3 or 4 songs and if it's really not my deal I'll turn it off.

>Death Grips
>abrassive

So you definitely know hes white.

Fuck you this album is really decent.

I marathon the first song and I don't here it then I listen to the whole album.

>I marathon a song
literally kys

I am similar but give an album a try in terms of at least two to three tracks depending on the length of each track. It's why if I had a RYM I wouldn't have too many lower rated albums because who's gonna spend their own time listening to that much shit?

Yeah, I usually only marathon the first minute or so before I can tell.

First day on Sup Forums?

For me sometimes finding one song you really like is worth it. As in, I'll listen to lower rated albums because there might still be a 8/10, 9/10, or 10/10 song on there somewhere. And then I'll have that to listen to forever and be happy about it. But if the rest of the album isn't rated highly, you'd never hear it based on how you do it.

But you do you. Music will get way more personal to you if you can find a lot of songs that push all of your buttons and maybe not the buttons of other people, and they wouldn't be well known if you go with lower rated albums.

You see, for me I'll listen to the whole damn thing but I won't give it a second go. At least for a very long time.
I can't imagine just giving the first few tracks a try but not the rest especially if it's < an hour long. Many albums I like, the best tracks are at the end.

I'm with you OP. Life's too short to listen to any boring music, if it's not instantly good then it can fuck off.

>wow the new chance the rapper is out
>i really like this guy
>huh i'm not really feeling this right now
>turn on T.I. - 24's
>tfw money, clothes, cars, and hoes

and this is how i never listened to coloring book

At that point those those gotta be singles otherwise I am not really gonna waste my time on those when there's other music to check out. Like with Migos' latest album, I liked the singles and do still listen to those but I heard three tracks from it that aren't singles and good god are they boring as fuck.
This is easier to do when you're just weening off mucore charts or RYM charts. When you start going in deeper into genres to find your own personal favorites, you got a fuck ton more bunch of music to go through which makes full albums far less feasible.

This has been me lately :/

this is why u listen to iTunes previews, dummy

Maybe you guys could try listening to something specific with a sound you like and are interested in? Maybe it's because everyone looks for different things in music but I don't mind listening to albums with over 15 tracks if they sound pleasing to me (not necessarily outstanding/great, as long as it doesn't annoy me I keep listening) since there can be a gem in the middle and a lot of albums actually get better towards the end. Listening passively and distracting your eyes a little with something helps too.

pre mid-80s records tend to be mostly short, good starting point for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the current hour+ long standard which honestly can get tiring easily

I hope you at least give a quick listen to the other tracks.

>first few minutes of an album actually catches my attention
>hey this seems pretty good, i'll download it and have a listen
>the rest of the album is boring or just disappointing
Anyone else?

>hear song
>download album
>it's the only good track