Why does the most intense, dissonant and hateful music attract the whiniest most pathetic hipsters?

Why does the most intense, dissonant and hateful music attract the whiniest most pathetic hipsters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YOe0d0VhAgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kek, good question

bc the range of possible sonics/aesthetics gets only broader and broader as we continue to develop and be influenced by more things and more things become openly acceptable

so "hardcore"/"intense"/etc music will always attract some people who want to align themselves with the idea of being super edgy rather than 'just' liking the music itself

Troo, I just fw wat ever sounds good to my eardrums

I mean I got into Filth because I wanted to hear the rest of Swans' discography after listening to Soundtracks For The Blind, not for any idea or because I'm a hipster.
I mean I might be a hipster. Still not completely sure what a hipster IS.

At this point, hipster means "listens to music I can't get into" for the most part.

Well you can always look into hardcore punk if you want aggressive music with a fanbase consisting of overly aggressive manchildren who do nothing other than getting drunk and having fistfights every other night.

Oh so in that case people who listen to Merzbow or Whitehouse or The Knife would be hipsters to me, then?
That's fucking silly, though. Why deride someone for their taste in music that you don't find appealing? Fuck, man, just live and let live.

It's funny. I find most music played in clubs today to be intense and hateful but not particularly dissonant.

Existence is holistic and shitty people like shitty shit and most people are shit.

>he can't get into Merzbow or Whitehouse or The Knife

Because normalfags like things like melody, rhythm, general tunefulness. Music that is "intense, dissonant and hateful" is, regardless of the quality of the music itself, generally attracts outsider types, and outsider types can sometimes be whiny and pathetic. But hey, it's something to latch on to that's not what everyone else likes. Whatever floats the boat.

But you're whining right now

I know 3 guys that listen to Swans, especially Filth, that aren't me
One is more muscular than me,
One is even more muscular than the last, with almost a Greek figure,
And the last is a guy that doesn't work out, but has cokehead strength

I'm sure that I could find someone just like that description if I tried though

brojection

the internet

Merzbow hurts to listen to.
Whitehouse scares me
The Knife is just not my thing.

came here to basically post this but user said it better than I could anyway.

>Filth
>the most intense, dissonant and hateful music
listen to more music.

Swans is mainstream, idiot

>why do beta faggots need to project an image of intensity, hatred and aggressiveness

Gee, I don't know. Getting really fucking deep here OP. You're really activating my almounds.

>se, dissonant and hateful music
>listen to more music.

I'm going to agree with him. If you don't count the "loudest" as the most intense but off it's own merit, Filth is up there.

Who are the whiny pathetic hipsters that are into this? I think you're confusing them with the faggish depressed people who develop a music taste instead of a social life

It's like black hole cancer bile
youtube.com/watch?v=YOe0d0VhAgA

did you just discover internet yesterday?

I just like it cause it sounds good
To be fair, I only started liking Swans' early stuff a few weeks ago, I loved their middle and new period though
>image for no real reason

Basically this; I got into Swans through The Seer and their newer albums, which I very much enjoyed, then explored the rest of their discography. At first, Filth sounded fucking awful to me-I gave it a listen or two almost a year later, and it started to come together in an interesting way that's really hard to explain. Its dissonance and lack of melody create a very brutal and unique aesthetic that's not really replicated by other kinds of music.

Hipster is a pretty meaningless term at this point anyway. People with any interest in music discover much more niche bands and albums than they would have even fifteen years ago.

Swans fanbase isn't entirely whiny numales, at least it wasn't always like that. But to answer your question I think weaklings like to project a tough persona onto themselves

Not even the most experimental Knife album is comparable to the other two

There's the token tool and edgelord of every type of thread like this.

>Whitehouse scares me
How? They're fucking hilarious. They're terrible too, talentless nerds, but hilarious. Its like listening to a bunch of anime club enthusiasts trying to sound super edgy when pretending in their minds they're confronting a bully or something. They are just so fucking pathetic and see through.

Try to listen to them from that perspective and they not to burst out laughing.

Exactly

I don't know, you're the one whining about it on a Korean model train forum.