Have more single songs in my library than full albums

>Have more single songs in my library than full albums

How doomed am I?

some

You're like 35-45% doomed

Hard to say, you're either a real pleb or real patrician

I bought a 64gb mp3 about 7 years ago, started out filling it with albums through the years, then when I hit the cap I started deleting my least played songs so I ended up with lots of singles as well

>I have more compilations than actual album

Am i, dare I say, patrician?

Yeah, I only have 64GB too.

No.

tfw you don't have any singles

listening to single songs is the true sign of a patrician

definitely not.

>he doesn't exclusively listen to albums comprised of a single song
how to spot a mega pleb

the only way to be

only listening to full albums is pleb shit.

most albums have at least a few shitty songs.

Collecting albums is only important if you feel true dedication to the artist.

If you listen to someone for years you never know what's going to grow on you or how your perspective will change with the release of new material so you've got to have everything just in case.

>most albums have at least a few shitty songs.
So I'm alright then?

It's mostly just songs I like by random artists.

I don't have any singles at all just full albums, you guys are plebs.

this is entirely dependent on a couple of factors, mainly the genre, the artist's release style, and the time period the music was produced in.

all the way up until the mid 60s or so, barely any albums were made as like complete listening experiences, and were mainly just 1 or 2 hit singles, and then a bunch of filler, so it's pointless to seek out the full album when you can basically just get what you need from 1/2 tracks.

a lot of genres are primarily single based instead of albums. rock, hip hop, and some electronic (idm, ambient, downtempo, etc.) is usually very album based, while other genres of electronic (house, jungle, drum and bass, techno, etc.), funk/RnB, and pop music in general is very single based.

and finally, all of these can change depending on the artist. for example, burial has a couple of very good albums (untrue for example), but you wouldn't be getting the full story if you just listened to his full lengths. He has multiple 12" singles (collaborative or otherwise) that are as good, if not better than the work on his full lengths, just as an example.

idk why I wrote this i was really bored but there ya go I guess

Just listen to music you like in whatever way you like, don't bother giving a shit what some autists on the internet think

You think I wouldn't have made this thread if I weren't an autist myself?

This

I used to be like. I don't know why thinking back on it, but a big contributor was being an apple fag. I was limited by my iPod touch/iTunes.

I stopped being a fag and buy full lossless albums now, I'm at a 40.2% lossless library now, which is mostly what I listen to. The rest seem to be 'singles' or a few albums from things I listened to as an angry teenager. Now I'm just bitter and sad, but at least my taste has improved. So next time instead of only getting a few songs, stop listening to shit and/or get the full album.

>most albums have at least a few shitty songs.
This, sadly. I mean, you'd think they could just make shorter albums cutting out the crap. I'm sure most artists know when they've got a filler song on their hands. But apparently not.

How gay

I'm an apple fag. Got a 64 GB iPod Touch.
>I stopped being a fag and buy full lossless albums now
But what if you don't like all of the songs on the album?
>So next time instead of only getting a few songs, stop listening to shit and/or get the full album.
I usually download the full album, but I either don't like the full album or never get around to it.

bump