What does Sup Forums think of Heart?

What does Sup Forums think of Heart?

Literally only know Barracuda.

Mediocre momrock, not as bad as Bon Jovi though.

Dreamboat Annie is a pretty cool momrock.

70s Heart is GOAT
They lost me after Baby La Strange.

My grandma fucking loves this group. Especially the one with the black hair.

they rule

not letting yourself be bewitched by stuff like this is boring. 70s hard rock was some of the most vital shit ever.

Dreamboat Annie [Mushroom, 1976]

As apparently spontaneous pop phenomena go, a hardish folk-rock group led by two women is a moderately interesting one, especially when their composing beats that of the twixt-Balin Starplane, whom they otherwise recall. I said moderately. C+

Dog and Butterfly [Portrait, 1978]

Georgia Christgau: "Robert Plant understands his place as second-string guitar posing as lead singer. He should--he thought it up. But this idea is belittling to Ann Wilson. `I have a great voice!' her songs seem to say, and so she may--but what is it doing preening here among all these seamy heavy metal types?" C

Bebe Le Strange [Epic, 1980]

So Nancy Wilson breaks up with her fella, soundman Mike Fisher, who naturally departs the band, along with his brother Roger, who happens to be the guitarist. And whether it's the absence of pomp-rockish Roger, stripping to a five-piece, or what hell hath no fury like, suddenly they're lean and mean and playing to the sisters--title cut's a fan letter to the female Johnny B. Goode, who I guess is Nancy, now playing a lot of lead. Take note, fellas--as Zep rips go, this one is something special, and not just for its sexual politics. Unfortunately, things go gushy at the end with an Ann-penned love song. Men--who needs 'em? B+

Greatest Hits/Live [Epic, 1980]

Even their hits were never all that great beyond Bebe Le Strange and the usual coupla others--without "Barracuda" and "Crazy on You," they would never have gotten to wear stupid expensive clothes on the back cover or joke around in the studio for a couple hours and boil the results down into a tape collage called "Hit Single" ha ha ha. And with most of the hits all the way studio, the live stuff is long on covers, permitting Ann to run her suboperatic chops smack into "Unchained Melody" and "Tell It Like It Is." But the live "Bebe Le Strange" and the distaff "Rock and Roll" make them sound like contenders we need nevertheless. C+

Bad Animals [Capitol, 1987]

You'd never know Ann Wilson was riding the catchy intricacies of hired songwriting unless you listened more carefully than the resulting trifles deserve or her relentless overkill permits. And although the camp follower in me is sometimes tickled by the mismatch, it was the professional in me who noticed it. Only in the title cut, where a failed opera singer throws down the gauntlet for the heavy metal boors she's sworn to defend, does the end justify the means. C

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

magic man is a pretty cool song

"A girl ripoff of Led Zeppelin" - my dad

At least Nancy's voice has held up which cannot be said of Robert Plant.

Yet another washed up 70s band who got a second shot at life by selling themselves out to MTV and professional songwriters.

They play Barracuda way too much on the radio.

My parents saw them in 1982 with John Mellencamp. Said it was a great concert but the album they were touring (Private Audition) sold about 10 copies.

They saw Heart again four years later; this would be when they were touring the S/T album. The average age of the audience had dropped to about 14 and all the emphasis was on the new material; they still played Barracuda and 1-2 other 70s songs, but rushed through them as quickly as possible.

>My parents saw them in 1982 with John Mellencamp. Said it was a great concert

It had better have been a great concert if they had to sit through John Mellencamp first.

CRAZY ON YOU
CRAZYYYYYYY ON YOU
LEMMIE GO CRAZY CRAZY ON YOUUU UUUUUU OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Are they the female Judas Priest? GOAT 70s sound, eventually started dishing out poppy crap in the 80s for which they became most known.

Heart S/T and Aerosmith Done With Mirrors came out around the same time and were both, as it were, the last time the two bands were themselves and not relying on song doctors.

>Are they the female Judas Priest?
As if. Try the female REO Speedwagon.

Does REO Speedwagon have more interesting material that predates the crap they're known for?

Yes, in fact anything prior to Hi Infidelity.