I still don't understand the concept of Jesus dying for my sins. Did he know I was going to sin? If not...

I still don't understand the concept of Jesus dying for my sins. Did he know I was going to sin? If not, and we're all born with sin why even try to not be anything but a giant asshole if the bill has already been paid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TVvCe6xZvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god is a giant vengeful asshole with the moral maturity of a 12 year old
he created a couple of literal retards with no knowledge of good and evil, they committed one (1) sin despite being incapable of knowing that it was evil
and then he decided that the appropriate response to this was infinite torture for them and all of their descendants

then jesus came around, figured the whole hell thing was a bit much, and killed himself
well technically he let someone else kill him but as the literal son of god with all sorts of miraculous powers he obviously could have stopped it at any time if he wanted to
for some inexplicable reason, the son's suicide dad down enough for him to stop lighting ants on fire with his magnifying glass aka throwing all humans into hell

*the son's suicide calmed dad down

Welp, I guess it was a mistake trying to find a cohesive narrative in the king james bible.

What a stupid paradox Jesus die to forgive our sins and that sins was kill him
>bible logic

God created sin. So yes, he knew you would sin.

There is a lot we are not being told for sure.

But let me see how short of a summary I can write here?

God creates all of us as Angels including Lucifer.

Lucifer decides he wants to take over Heaven, and leads a third of Heaven in revolt.

Another third decides not to choose sides.

Final third while loyal to God demands God destroy all the others and when he does not decides to go to War.

God destroys all life on Earth and seeds it with human kind which is actually the Angels made flesh.

Then creates Adam and Eve the Hebrew Ancestors and says he will one day be born himself of that bloodline.

Lucifer decides to fuck that up to and tempts Adam and Eve and eventually has offspring with Eve "Cain" who kills Adams son Abel thus almost stopping God's promise right there.

God spends most of the remainder of the OT trying to keep the Hebrew blood line pure so one day he can be born in to it.

But has to flood the Earth to destroy the perversions and hybrids like Goliath created when other fallen Angels come down and have offspring with Human females.

Eventually Christ is born and we start the NT.

I will not go into explanation of the NT because honestly the test coming up for that? Is just about as fucked up as having created Lucifer in the first place.

But suffice it to say you should avoid all churches synagogues and religion in any form and any assholes in funny hats.

I mean if god created everything and knows everything... and Jesus and god are sort of the same guy... then yeah the whole thing is pointless. God is just some guy staring up his own almighty asshole trying to figure out why he exists. I guess he decided "to be worshipped" was the answer. Typical.

I think we need a better book then.

we're the ones who decided to worship the creator.

God is just some entity sitting back watching his creation like we're all a bunch of reality TV shows.

That doesn't make sense. He's omnipotent. That's like watching a rerun of a show you wrote and directed.

You're supposed to be too scared of going to hell to question how stupid the logic of the Bible is

We have freedom of choice, god doesn't know what we're going to do. If god really knew what was going to happen, existence wouldn't serve any point.

The term creator works better than god does to me personally. I don't believe in god, but I do believe there was an origin to existence which we are not aware of or possibly not able to understand.

The sin of Adam and Eve was to believe Lucifer and literally to fuck him thus giving him offspring here on Earth. That sin is NOT your sin.

It was simply the reason that none of us were allowed to live in the Garden of Eden.

See this for more.

We're all guilty of being products of incest due to god kicking things off with only 2 people. This is original sin. Nevermind when only noah's relatives survived the flood and started us off again. Double incest. Yay christianity

That would make sense since evidence points toward the side that the universe had a beginning. I have a hard time believing the universe just popped into existence, but who really knows

usually the response to this is just "he's sooo godly and infinitely smart that you couldn't even understand his reasons for not preventing evil"

No.

Adam and Eve were not the first humans just the first Hebrews.

Cain was banished to live in the land of the PEOPLE of Nod. There were other humans before Adam and Eve.

Don't believe the lies and traditions told by men in funny hats.

Again see my other posts here I am trying to answer your questions.

HAIL SATAN!! and to a lesser extent, hail gein

That's just some shit tacked on hundreds of years later. The concept of "original sin."

In fact there were many alternative Christian groups who never believed in original sin or even Jesus' divinity or tri-partite nature (Father, Son, Holy Ghost) but they were killed off by the "Christians" we see today.

He works in mysterious ways o.o

Refer to /lit/, Sup Forums will only give you the most retarded and/or fedorable answers

There is no such thing as sin, morality is a lie the religious elite invented to control the easily manipulated masses.

Try replacing morals with ethics, thank me later

^there's one now!

I think I've gotten a fair share of interesting answers here.

Is time a flat circle?

The original sin of all of us was the War of Heaven.

As Angels we were killing one another.

Heaven was divided in to thirds as I already explained.

1 Those deceived by Lucifer and in Revolt.
2 Those who would not choose a side.
3. Those loyal to God but arrogantly demanding the deaths of the other two.

We are here to humble us and teach us that death is a horrific thing thus hopefully to finally end the war of Heaven.

Hopefully the only ones to eventually be doomed to hell will be those who willfully and knowingly choose to follow Lucifer even once we realize how right God is. But that set of circumstances will not happen until after all of mankind has died and returned to Heaven.

Continuing to link all my posts as ALL of them must be read to understand.

>believing one single catholic principle makes sense
ishygddt

No, just a view of reality we are doomed to have based on our 3 dimensional nature

>God creates all of us as Angels including Lucifer.

God created the Heaven and Angels.

Then He created Man in his image.
>Bet that pissed off the angels.

Woman came later when he saw Man was lonely.
>So we shouldn't be gay but it sounds sort of gay.

it's a constant force always moving forward.

Then i guess we should walk hand in hand into extinction

Did you read what I wrote?

God made his Angels in to men AND women.

YOU are one of them.

gonna need a sauce on that gif

Just because we understand the nature of reality doesn't mean we can't enjoy its pleasures, get out and do something you love

Or don't, whatever floats your boat.

After living his stupid life on Earth he realized even the best examples of humanity with the best intentions are still prone to fault and failure, like his disciples denouncing him. He saw this as an element of our nature rather than a constant failure, its simply a part of who we are, 'Forgive them father for they know not what they do' etc. Thus, he wanted to give his life as forfeit, to become the bridge between heaven and earth humans could use, as regularly almost no one would qualify for heaven.

Believing in religion gets stupider every day of human progression though.

God never created evil. God is full of goodness. He made angels and made for them a little test but one of the angels called lucifer although he saw God's power he saw his almighty ,challenged God in a war so angels with the lead of Michelle fight him and his army God imprisoned devil in a relam called hell. Anything that is opposite to God is evil. Light is there but there is the bad shadow .
God made our world and created Adam and Eve the ever first human beings on earth and made for them a test it was simply to not eat from the tree of bad and good but devil tricked them to eat them.
And God kills Adam and eve by separating them from him by spirit but he promises all humans that there will be a savoir.
>but why didn't God just kill them and made new copies?
If God did so he would be unfair and God isn't unfair
>so why Jesus exactly?
This savoir must be a human and a God and also have no sins
>where do we find a one if all sons of Adam inherent this sin and also we need a God since there is only one God ?
Easy God himself comes takes a form of a god and dies (because God said that Adam and eve and all Their sons shall die)
And everyday you make sins because devil fight you but if you are strong enough you shall fight him
Thx for reading

I'm confused, in what book did you read about this war in heaven? I get that Lucifer rebelled, everyone knows that but why did God destroy all life on earth and then create Adam and Eve? Was was on Earth before that? If you can direct me to where you got this information that would be greatly appreciated brother.

Also God put all scenarios for of what will happen but you are the one who chooses what will happen

I think I lost a few thousand brain cells trying to understand this retarded post.

>[citation needed]

Let's stop bickering and post some sauce

It's good to know Michelle was battling the forces of hell before she started battling our school systems.

youtube.com/watch?v=TVvCe6xZvOk

Clearly NOBODY here understands Christianity or the Bible. Not to be rude or sound highminded, but I am not at all surprised. Most people look at the Bible and read it in black and white which is absolutely foolish and ridiculous. "God got angry and killed the world with a flood." Yeah, well when you read it like that, no wonder you don't like it. Atheists, my friends. Read it again and slowly. Don't forget the most important thing about reading scripture. CONTEXT. It means everything in this debate. Most people don't believe in God because of evil. Ironically enough, evil is one of the very reasons I DO believe.

Dinosaurs were on Earth before that and mankind would not have fared well if we had lived with them.

Most of what I teach here is now oral tradition.

The Books that contain these stories are hidden by Evil men and you are prevented from seeing them.

There are a few small churches that teach this but they are very difficult to locate.

Google the "Book of the Wars of the Lord".
It is referenced in the Bible but as I said nearly impossible to find one today.

What' the context in "if you rape a virgin, you owe her father 50 sheckels and it's cool"

Guys, seriously sauce...

dork

Teen atheist detected. Go watch some John Oliver fag.

Isn't it ironic that the one place I go to seek Christian talk on Sup Forums is the most sinful board, Sup Forums?

which is better for a christian?

>live whole life fucking, drinking and doing sins and then, just when your life is about to end, accept jesus as your lord and savior .

or

>live a good life. doing good things and never harming anyone. but wihtout believing god or jesus christ.

I like the scripture that says it is a sin to undersale your children as sex slaves. You must sell them for as much as possible or face God's wrath. The part where god and Satan take a bet on Job's faith and ruin his life was pretty good too. Genocide isn't bad either because even though it's their land, the voice in my head said it's mine now so fuck you your women and kids.. killing them all. gg

Multiple realities my dude. Everything that ca possibly happen in any given moment happens simultaneously. Hence he can know everything.
But none of this matters since free will is an illusion anyways. If the choice is eternal "gnashing of the teeth" or paradise, that's not a choice.

1st becuase the second option isn't being a christian. dumbass.

That makes no sense, if you're Christian your second option is invalid since they do believe in God.

Also your first option won't work, you simply can't "accept' the lord and savior just like that, it has to be authentic.

Guys, guys...we're way off topic. I think OP wanted us to consider that Jesus died to bless us with dem tig ol' bitties. Discuss.

The man raping the girl must not only pay the father, but he must now stay with her the rest of his natural life. In God's standard, marriage is not signified by golden bands and a white dress. It is the union of man and woman through intercourse. You think Adam and Eve had a wedding gown and a tux? Don't think so. He just said, "you are my wife" and that was all she wrote. Therefore, the man laying with the woman, whether by force or consent is now WEDDING the broad. Now what should happen if he lusts after another woman or cheats on her? HE FACES DAMNATION. That dude better be ready to take that risk and responsibility, no? A rather hefty price to pay for one horny night. The woman he rapes becomes his WIFE in the eyes of God. And he will then be bound to her for life and have to take care of her.

He didn't say it wasn't authentic. For all we know Hitler could be in heaven.

So, if I were to rape your daughter, you would be cool with me marrying her?

...police reports said the tip of his fedora was so mighty, that it caved his skull in entirely...

But you and I both know that's not possible. If I went up to the worst human being alive right now who damns God in heaven and shot in in both legs and arms and said I would shoot him in the face, that man would not be able to be like "hey Jesus my bad bro for everything I did we good?"

Sure, I'll need a few of those goats though...

>Thread about God
>Not possible
Wat

It's a metaphor, dummy.

It means keep the faith, especially after this guy, the freaking SON of GOD chose to accept mortal death for YOU. Through that, your choice alone, may you enter heaven. And of course it's hard, it's a struggle. That's life. Sin is another metaphor, i.e. that all humans are born with an animal instinct, selfish, lusting, greedy, jealous, whatever, whatever, etc. etc. To deny the challenge of divinity, of faith, of self-consciousness (biting the fruit of the tree of KNOWLEDGE) is to accept your animal side. But with self-knowledge comes a higher responsibility, to NOT just behave like a fucking animal. That's the basis of most religions, really. They are psychological projections of our self-awareness and existential anxiety.

At least, that's Christianity in a nutshell. There's a lot of kooky beliefs and practices that get mixed in with various versions of it, because people are superstitious, take things too literally (not even the ancients believed it literally), or use religion an excuse to assert power, and so on.

I'm not religious at all, but Christianity

You're mixing up God's capabilities with a humans

The bible was written by Jews.
This is what Christians because they think Juden is our greatest ally. He is not. He is a deceptive sniveling little rat who would rather pilfer your pocket than bring us one step closer to returning to Paradise.
I don't know about Jesus. This man has power, which makes me believe he might in fact be Lucifer, but don't quote me on that.
But religion is false, it's jewish bullshit.
The Taoists were closest to getting it right.

BTW mentally ill people are exempt from all that bullshit. So if you argue that Hitler was not well mentally (and honestly who would say he was?) that means he is literally in heaven.

Buddy, you'd have to be good to her afterward because otherwise, your rapist self will be roasting in fire. You ready to take the risk? Faithful to her with all your heart and soul? I should sure hope so because otherwise you'd be in a world of hurt afterward "where the worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched." Make an educated decision.

That wasn't my original thought but I can't find holes in the argument.

Christians refuse to acknowledge because *

I don't know man. Dying probably does weird shit to you. Maybe time slows down for a last chance to accept Christ. Dunno.
I used to be Christian, still believe God exists somewhat but don't think he gives a shit about us anymore.

>did an omniscient being know I was going to sin?
Are you disabled? Yes, He knew.

Do you genuinely not understand free will?

It makes sense that someone who cannot perceive right and wrong to not be judged equally as those who can but Hitler wasn't "mentally ill," he was well aware of his actions and knew what he was doing. Not to mention he committed suicide which is a one way ticket to hell so yeah no he's most certainly not in Heaven.

Yeah no - just go do research about Chapter 29 in the bible... religion in itself is a laughable concept, anyone who believes in such nonsense is considered a sheep.

what he said

Why.. Why has no one posted sauce. Nigga..

>Chapter 29 in the bible
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you under the impression the bible is a series of Chapters like a fucking novel?

Obviously not friend. I sit there all day talking to atheists. You know, anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong. But atheists and Christians simply cannot be friends.

Hell doesn't exist. At least not in the sense of fire and eternal torture and stuff. It's literally just a place devoid of God.
Also doing what Hitler did and ordered he had to be mentally ill. Sociopathic maybe. The complete lack of empathy for subgroups of humans should be evidence enough. But sry I dont care if he was well or not my point still stands. If he decided to accept Christs offer then he is saved. That's a core point of Christianity.

Maybe, who knows but that sounds like a fail safe that everyone would do then just in the "what if" chance.

sauce?

I just did correct you. God doesn't prevent evil because He gave humans free will. Preventing someone's actions takes away their free will. Life is a test to see if you are worthy of eternal happiness or not. Interfering in that test nullifies the test.

Yeah. And what does that mean for humans huh?

And where did you get that? Not from the Bible.

>Did he know I was going to sin?
Yes, every human sins, since it's human.

>If not, and we're all born with sin why even try to not be anything but a giant asshole if the bill has already been paid?
Because spreading the love and good things is what the Lord wants you to do.

Matthew 5:14-16:

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Elaborate? I don't quite understand what you mean.

I'm not christian but as far as i'm aware Jesus said: "Father, please forgive them for they don't know what they are doing." while getting crucifixed.

So basically he asked God to forgive every human being who sins.

wow

The devil is 6
God is 7
user is quabz

You tell me to spread the love but that is why me and jimmy were kicked out of church.

religion is bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

You are literally wrong on almost all points. I'm astounded by how wrong you are. Doing things you disagree with is not a sign of mental illness. God does not fall for lip service.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. ...

The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts.

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Would you like some more verses from the Bible talking about how God tests us through life to judge us upon death?

Homosex isn't love, it's an abomination.

Everything is pointless. Being good. Being bad. It doesn't matter in the end. In fact personally I believe there is no good or evil. Just a constant stream of gray. Maybe we are in hell already. Look at all the deviants here in /b (myself fucking included). Maybe this already is the place that is devoid of God. The place of gnashing teeth.