I seriously don't get this album

It just seems generic/predictable as fuck.

I'm mad now.

There's nothing to "get"

It's called emotional dishonesty.

It's nice, but grows old fast. Hence why it's not mucore anymore. F#A#Infinity is better.

Agree. Could never get into this like everyone else does.

>wasnt predictable when it got out
>ppl liked it
>bunch of bands started to imitate
>the sound became generic

this x10

The only song I like is Sleep desu

Overrated .......

"Emotional Dishonesty"

Now you get the album, OP

This.

Fuck OP.

What is this meme of 'emotional dishonesty'

Just cause it was new at the time doesn't mean it doesn't age badly. Later bands did a better job than GY!BE.

everything is just as good as it was when it came out
music doesn't 'age' this is the worst meme

It's being forced by like 3-4 people. You can find the other threads in the archive (only three or so as of now). They're pretty embarrassing and they died like right away.

That's more like your opinion, man

it's objectively correct. everything is exactly as it was when it was released. people talk about this 'aging' meme wiht video games too and it's fucking ridiculous.

context changes

No, that's an opinion

Sup Forums now hates
>hospice
>american footbal
>gybe

hopefully slint is next. feels good man

This, Sup Forums is getting more patrician nowadays

What can I even say about Godspeed You Black Emperor? Their music is obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain emotions. "Let's make a 14 minute song that will make you feel sad and then exultant".

Give me a fucking break. When Slint or prog rock bands before them composed long songs it was with songwriting and honesty behind them. There were slips and falls and imperfections, but that's what made them great.

Godspeed is focus group, carefully marketed meme material for people who need to be told how to think and feel. Each song practically screams a specific reaction, each one coincidentally beginning with "Dude this song is totally ____".

People who like this band have never heard a good song before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their Facebook feed shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, robots. Count me out. I prefer to have music that explores what someone is feeling without running it by a marketer to determine how profitable it will be first.

context doesn't change the thing itself
so is 2+2=4

nah but it changes the individual as well as collective perception of the work and its relevance. Things become forgotten other things become rediscovered. Shakespeare wasn't read for 100 years until he was rediscovered in the 18th century and now he's the most important english author. That's a big example but it's the same with smaller projects, mucore demonstrates that well.

yes but we're talking about the thing not the perception or the relevance of the thing. this started cause someone said that an album was great when it came out but got worse over time

Pleb version of Dirty Three

nigger what
2+2=4 because when you have two of something and add two more of the same thing you now have four of that thing

you're thinking too hard about it. the music is very accessible aside from the track length and instrumentation is technically good. their music isn't just straight up sad faggotry, listen to storm, like antennas to heaven, peasantry or light inside of light, mladic, and 09-15-00.

that's directly linked to perception and context, user obviously didn't mean that the actual album content itself detoriated over time.

Its pols new shitty forced meme

no it's not
how great people think the album is is linked to perception and context
the quality of the album is completely unrelated
an album the came out in 1950 is the same then as it is in 2017 because it's still the same recording

if this isn't a copy pasta I feel sorry for you

fuck man of course it's the same album, nobody doubts that, but then why is it that some albums are just plain forgotten over time? Take By All Means Necessary by Boogie Down Productions, when it came out it was highly praised and earned rave reviews from everyone. Today nobody cares about it anymore, if you listen to it's very likely that it will sound like trash to you even.

if you need to ask you should be sorry for yourself

I'm not disputing any of that. what I take issue with is when you say the album's not as good as it used to be or that it's 'aged poorly'. What's wrong with just saying "people forgot about that ablum" or "people don't like it anymore"? The album is just as it was when it came out, consensus just changed.

imo the test of time is ultimate way of judging an album's actual objective quality. when people say it aged poorly it's really just a metaphorical way of saying it is not as good as when they first heard it. So maybe the album wasn't that good in the first place.

>hating gybe
>patrician
Kek. Tell me when this shithole stops jerking off to with Radioshit, NMH, Kanye and Kendrick.

> literally thinks like gybe but with a "-" instead of "+"
if it's ironic, written well.

ok but the album didn't chagne, people just changed their minds

listen to F# A# infinity its about 2 or 3 times better

yea

Age and replayability are different concepts for sure. But what people meant to say isbthat lift yr skinny clean is probably not very replayable.

>It just seems generic/predictable as fuck.

That's because it is

lol

Sup Forums hates all of these artists. And yes, liking GY!BE is plebeian.

No, I listened it and it's even worse

LYSF is in the bottom half of their discography for me.
I think F#A#, Yanqui, and Allelujah are all better.

Exactly, they jumped up from the hype train and started to realize that it was never good on the first place

I preferred F#A#Infinity to Lift Your Skinny Hands, but I'm sure someone will just call me a cunt no matter what I like.

your opinion is wrong.

Opinions cannot be wrong, silly user, hahaha :)

but yours is

You're retarded, context does not change unless previously unknown information arises. You basically said "past circumstances change." It's the past you flaming retard. Also:
>judging music of the past by the standards of music of the future
Terrible idea.

you're taking context much too narrowly

you should judge music of the past with the same standards as music of today, because your judgment doesn't change what the music actually is

Just listen to it you fucking retard. It sounds good.

>liking F#A#
fucking pleb cunt

F#A#Infinity is better imo.

It's pretty good. I dunno why people think it's their best.

>F#A#
>Alleluliah
>Yanqui
>Lysf
>Asunder

nice
imo
>Allelujah
>slow riot
>F#A#
>LYSF
>Yanqui

>Asunder

>F A ∞
>Yanqui U.X.O.
>Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
>Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
>Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
>Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
I'm pretty excited for the next album, even though Asunder was very meh.

Post rock is boring ambient wank, including GY!BE.

It's totally a copypasta.

listen to it louder

I agree with this except I'd switch LYSF and Slow Riot

because its a meme

Unlike others you mentioned, slint was actually good