youtube.com/watch?v=bNY4Fjsdft4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good piggo

Another pic of my piggy :D

And finally, piggu and some doggos.

bump

My pet pig

Please go die.

When are you gunna eat him? Are you gunna eat him after he dies of old age or are you gunna get him while he's still tender and supple

Serious question: other than food and such, what are the big differences between owning a piggo and a doggo? Always thought pigs would be good pets, but don't know anything about keeping one.

Damn man, he's cute enough to make me feel shitty about eating pork and I really love pork so that says a lot about his cuteness. What about you, do you dig on swine?

Not OP, but I think they're supposed to be pretty destructive. They're very intelligent and can get into shit. I think they can also be mean. OP probably knows better but I get the impression that they can make good pets but aren't for everyone. Seems like you'd need a lot of time and patience and the right home. Of course that should be the approach to owning a doggo too but most doggos are easier.

Had her for 10 years

My doggo. He's the best boy.

I have a 120lbs Chow Chow, so I know difficult pets. I assume piggos can be house broken an all, but I bet they would probably tear up your yard if left outside too much.

That's a really pretty kitty tbh.

Yeah sounds about right. I'm kinda wanting a better answer to this too, now.

I didn't think chows got that big though. Goddamn. Pic of doge?

Uhm, I still eat pork and etc, yes lol. I feel a little guilty about it, but food is food. At least I'm not eating my own little piggy or anything lol.
There are some noticeable differences. They are actually very intelligent animals, which is a plus. However, as to size, there is no guarantee as to how big they'll get. It depends on genetics. The person who sold my family Honey when she was a baby said she was a teacup piggy. However, that really isn't a thing lol. The smallest pig you really can get is a potbelly pig with certain genes that end up with them being small. So if you possibly have an issue with larger animals, be aware of this. It isn't too large, she is currently the size of a short and chubby medium doggo.
We feed her a kind of piggy feed lol, these pellets. If you have a nice feed store nearby it might not be too expensive. Same with formula for young baby animals that works for baby pigs, if you're interested in getting a baby piggu. However, if you don't have a nice store nearby, stores like Petsmart will charge 30 dollars for a small container of the formula that won't last more than a few days. So also keep that in mind. They are loving animals, and will readily get attached to you. You can also litter train them, although I recommend taking them outside when they're of a good age as pig feces smell disgusting.
I absolutely love Honey. She is my chubby baby

Can you comment on what I said about them being mean? Like not toward you necessarily but does she ever get unpleasant with strangers?

Also can you walk a piggu on a leash like a dog? That would be pretty fun. You'd get some good looks until your neighborhood got used to seeing it.

Also, destructive tendencies/meanness depends on the animal. My pig Honey is also very nice. She is not mean unless you really bother her. The only bad issues is if she has a toy or something and she tries to tusk you (which she really can't with the teeth she has) or if she nips at you for messing with food she's trying to eat. But that is a behavior a lot of animals have with things, excluding the tusk part lol. Other animals would bite instead. Pigs can be pretty strong, so if they have something they shouldn't, e.g. trying to eat another animal's food, it can be hard to pull them away. The mess from her is her turning her food bowl over on accident, which is easily cleaned, bathroom habits, and occasionally things like cords and random objects on the ground. As the other person who answered you said, they aren't for everyone. Patience is very good and the right kind of home, as also said by the other person lol.

Honey glazed pork chops.

Piss off, edgelord. His piggy is cute. Can we not just have a nice comfy pets thread here?

You can walk them on a leash, yes, as long as your country/state's/whatever's laws don't prohibit it somehow. I'm assuming you're the same person as this so no, they don't get mean towards strangers particularly. At least not my pet piggu. Different pigs act differently, and I feel that I am very lucky to have a pet piggu like Honey is.

Ty for being nice :D have a baby piggu!

Hmm, I live in a major city (Seattle) so there may be laws. I'll also never be able to afford a house in the city here though, so space would also be prohibitive in my case unless I moved someplace cheaper. My shih-tzu posted above is perfect for a small condo though.

Aww, cute. How old was she there? There's mine as a small pupper.

Awwwwwww,I guess you can say...shes a big sweety.
Piggys are cutest pets,have a happy pig with an icecream

Yeah, that's always a possibility. I live in a city in Colorado, as I actually moved away from my poor piggu and my family I lived with recently all the way to where I am now. It was worth it, as I was in an emotionally abusive situation with my stepfather, but hard. And, looking at the laws for my city recently, this city only allows certain typical household pets to be owned. Potbelly pigs are specifically excluded from the list. So I can't bring her here at all. Hopefully, however, I will end up moving back once the situation in Florida with my family is better.
And your shih-tzu is adorable :D
This is a picture of the piggy and my dachshund. He ran up to us alone and frightened on a 4th of July a few years ago and we couldn't find his owner, so we kept him. His name is Meatball.

With house training, did you teach here to wait for specific times of the day, or does she let you know when she has to go?

I think she was actually only a few weeks old back then. She was so precious. The first day, she slept on my chest for a few hours while wrapped in a tiny blanket. Something cool is that she actually has complete heterochromia, too. One of her eyes is brown, and the other is blue. I don't have a picture you can see that in, though D:

Only our dogs actually give us any indication they have to go outside. If the pig has to go and we haven't taken her outside, she just goes over to one of her litterboxes and uses the restroom. She does go outside with the dogs though. I find that it's rather convenient that she's litter trained and can go outside, although if she gets sick and has the poops, e.g. if you have a young pig and are swapping them to solid food, expect a week or so of living hell. Cleaning up piggy diarrhea is awful.

From seattle.gov
>Miniature goats and small potbelly pigs are permitted with limitations; they are counted towards the three small animal maximum
>No swine are allowed other than small potbelly pigs; no more than one potbelly pig is allowed
I wonder how they define "small potbelly pig", like where is the line drawn between legal and illegal? Also I had no idea we have a three animal rule here in general. That's pretty crazy. I highly doubt it's ever enforced unless in cases of abusive living conditions. Hell my best friends have two doggos and two cats so they're apparently in violation?

Would you kindly get out, asshole?

Chris P. Bacon

Yeah :/. States have some crazy limitations and animal laws sometimes. For example, while looking at the animal related laws for Colorado, they actually have a specific law related to certain fowl. E.g. some ducks, quail, etc. You can hold a certain number of them for about 20 or so days and then release them on private property for hunting, pretty much. And it is also legal to own certain crazy animals you wouldn't of thought you could own in Colorado, e.g. ostriches. Although generally, the city specific laws are where they fuck you over. As to potbelly pig sizes and etc, my personal guess is that it would be a potbelly pig the size of a medium to small dog that would be okay. If the pig develops into a larger one of the species, that probably isn't quite as okay. Generally I find that the laws such as animal restrictions and etc are just in place to discourage absurdly high amounts of animals, e.g. crazy cat ladies lol, and to ensure general safety. I doubt most of them are ever enforced except in cases where they're actually an issue.

Get your goddamn animal abuse out of here, filth. No one wants to see that shit.

Have another piggu, guys!
Be cool to see more guys in here sharing pet pics :D

For all the non assholes that want to see a piggu :D

Honestly, I'd like to sample that.

Oh, and one of my precious kitties!

Nice trips nigga. Just report the ones of actual animal abuse. Nothing illegal about pictures of pork of course but the abuse is. These threads used to be safe from those faggots but I guess nothing is sacred anymore.

meow

Newfaggotry at its best

This is Sup Forums not tumblr, newfag

Yeah ;-; I don't see too many animal abuse thread anymore, which is good, but of course that means the fuckers flood the nice animal related threads D:. I'll probably report the actual animal abuse ones as said, e.g. the gif of the dog being killed from earlier. Ty, have a piggu!

Sup Forums loves animals and you'd know that if you weren't a newfag yourself Go back back to the deepweb and look at some CP, dipshit.

>Pets thread
>Posts his mom

Samefag

That doesn't mean it's okay to post or enjoy fucked up shit of animals being hurt or of dead animals. This is a nice thread for people to post their pets that they love and cherish, not for people to post animal abuse related pictures, or dead animals.

You even know how to find repeat posters faggot?

fagit
this is Sup Forums dumbass, no fucking safe spaces here

Despite there being no safe spaces, that doesn't mean a nice thread has to be filled up with fucked up shit. Or that it's okay.

This.

>im the other dude the faggot tagged

I'll be trying this again some other time, then. This thread has been filled up with animal abuse. I hope the mods see some of the horrible things that have been posted.

We reacted to them too much tbh. Should have just ignored and reported. Take it easy piggu-user, and maybe we can try have a comfy thread at another time

youtube.com/watch?v=bNY4Fjsdft4

Yeah, we did. Thank you, and hope to see you in the next piggu thread, friendly user! :D

i'll be lurking :)

You have to be 18 to post here you know

Pigs are terrorists, they will destroy whatever catch their interest.

It's extremely common for pigs to have eyes in different colors