Why is nobody using this shit in zombie shows

Why is nobody using this shit in zombie shows.

who the fuck even cares about that gay shit

Wouldn't help. You'd still get infected from the zombies' bites.

This armkr clearly better

where the fuck are you supposed to find chain armor laying around

Riot gear is better. lighter and actually designed for stopping bites among other things.

But your asking "why do fictional shows have to have dramatic plots instead of easily solving their problems?"

Well it's kinda tough to bite through and definitely helps for scrapes.

That being said, it's loud and heavy. Opting for polycarbonate or something of the sort has more pros.

Weighs like 50 pounds to cover whole body

Difficult to make, for one thing, so not many would be lying around after a zombie apocalypse. Even if it could be made after the infection started to spread, it would still take hundreds of man-hours to produce each suit. And that's not including the quilted padding you'd need underneath it.

My bro makes these as a hobby. He buys the rings by the bucket and links them up into suits. Takes forever, but it's faster than when he had to make the rings himself.

I carried a 65 pound backpack through the mountains for 2 weeks. Chainmail would be even better distributed across the body, so 50 pounds isn't a big deal unless you're doing pull ups

Aluminum alloys can cut that by half.

>Aluminum alloys can cut that by half.

same way zombie teeth cut aluminum alloys in half.

Not likely. Even sharks break teeth on aluminum chain mail and they aren't slowly rotting to pieces.

Aluminum is too soft. I work with steel and aluminum and for impact you need steel

Yeah but you want something that's going to last. You won't have a steady supply of aluminum links to repair your chainmail

A bit has a lot of surface area. Surely aluminum is enough.

The same reason why humans stopped using it in warfare.

That reason would be bullets

Chainmail is infamously undistributed, the entire weight hangs directly on your shoulders.

They are also loud, hot, and cumbersome.

They don't stretch or give at all, so donning and doffing them is a chore in and of itself. Period tapestries show poor squireless knights bending over fully or hanging upside down to try and peel their hauberks off.

There's a reason it was replaced with plate armor ASAP even though the latter is technically heavier

Probably not a ton of chain mail lying around

false. i actually have one, size of a long t-shirt. Weights maybe 10 pounds. The weight depends on wether its iron or steel-rings. Mine is steel.

Also, not a single chomper will bite through a chainmail. Longbows, crossbows, guns, sure, but no teeth, knives....

it takes thousands of man hours to make and the knowledge of how to make it is fairly rare

Why don't they just make them out of zombie teeth?

>implying doffing is a word
>implying the on in donning is from taking shit on
>implying you can replace that with off

chainmail is more expensive, that's all

also false. Mine (size of a long t-shirt, covers half arms and down below ass) took me 24 hours to make. Its super easy, as long as you're not a retard. I made mine, self taught as a 14-year old. Dont be a retard

This has probably all been said already but I'll reiterate:
1. Real chainmail is rare/difficult to find.
2. Slows you down which makes it easier for zombies to gang up on you and bring you down.
3. Chainmail is for fucking nerds, not zombie-slaying badasses.

Are you retarded? Doffing is absolutely a word, has been since the 14th century.
"Don and doff" have been a linguistic pair longer than you and I have been alive.

user is a doffing idiot

Diver's supply store. They use it for protection from sharks.

well there is only two zombie shows. one taking place in los angeles and one taking place in rural georgia. netiher are really known for having a lot of chain mail armor.

doff thine mortal coil thou sodomite

Los Angeles, a wealthy coastal town, is exactly the kind of place you would go to find shark protection mesh.

>wealthy coastal town

No, it was made obsolete my plate eventually then bullets

As someone who used to do the 100m dash in chaimaille with a longbow, I can assure you it is not something you want to wear for long periods of time. Boiled leather is WAY better. Liter and less likely to be pierced.

Or, you just get dirt bike or motorcycle armor, cause we live in modern times and kevlar is a thing.

D-do you think it's a slum?
The crosswalks fucking talk to you, even.
Apparently faggots are pretty good designers.

so you made all the rings in 24 hours?
I'm impressed

I've worn chainmail for 12 hours at a time. You're just a fag, maybe, I don't know.

NOT TRUE! Chainmail came AFTER plate!!! Do your research you fucking moron! Chainmail was fucking FANCY back in the day. Fucking pleb.

user, having a large tax base relative to the amount of space you take up does not equal wealthy.

living wages are the same as the rest of california (high) but the cost of living is much higher. even if you make what might be considered 'wealthy' somewhere else, you're basically lower middle class at best here.

Yah bet you didnt make the rings yourself idiot

because zombies are fake and gay so it doesn't matter what you do

>bragging about wearing chainmail
>calling other people fags

okay

because then people would be out millions of dollars

I said it's a "wealthy coastal town"
(though I realize city would be more appropriate)
>not
every single person in SF is fucking loaded-
because that's what a literal retard would think I said

to call a city welathy when its majority ghetto is silly user, do you even live here?

Thick guage steel wire and modified lathe you can create a long coil remove and cut straight down the line can make hundreds in a short time

It's not like we don't see them in every Dollar store and Walmart. I mean they are all over the place so after an outbreak ppL would naturally have access to midevil chain suits....

high quality chainmail is nit incredibly common these days

>wealthy coastal town
>full of homeless encampments

pick one techbro

That would actually be pretty funny
>MCs are running from zombie horde
>the horde gets closer as the MCs get tired
>all of a sudden a guy covered in chainmail armor comes out of nowhere and starts killing all the zombies with a broadsword
>zombies bite him but can't get through the armor
>kills the last of the zombies
>MCs are confused as hell
>guy just shouts woo!" And runs away

I don't live there dear god no, but visiting it is nice except for the fucked public transport and horrible roads.
>majority ghetto
have you been to a real ghetto like Harlem was a few years back? It really can't compare when the cops don't bother looking at you for running a stop sign because there's 3 car jackers leaning against the stop sign waiting for you.

>he thinks the encampments are within the metro city limits

Google maps thinks you're wrong as fuck.

>my ghetto is worse than your ghetto so you're a wealthy coastal town

more like faggot with chainmail get's caught since he's so slow, gets infected and then you have a zombie with chainmail