Is Dirk better than Duncan? Do the Spurs still win all those titles with Dirk? Do the Mavs win any titles with Timmy?

Is Dirk better than Duncan? Do the Spurs still win all those titles with Dirk? Do the Mavs win any titles with Timmy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrY-znAxUE0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes
Yes
No

Duncan's better than Dirk, but Pop is the real reason for the Spurs' success.

This. Duncan is still greater than Dirk though because sports isn't about maybes and shoulda's, it's about tangible things like Rings and MVPs, which duncan has and dirk doesn't.

>le no defense big man

Duncan is miles better than Dirk. Check the resume

Heavily biased german here

Duncan > Dirk. Nothing but love and respect for Dirk though, clearly one of the all-time greats.

If Dirk got the 4 rings he should've won (03,06,07,11) then he would be considered the GOAT PF, but it didn't happen.. It took Dirk 3 choke jobs to finally get it right in 2011.

Lmao

Dumbass boy

Dirk cant play defense but he still a top 30 player in NBA history

youtube.com/watch?v=QrY-znAxUE0

>dat 06 final
Even as a spurs fan
Holy shit the mavs got hosed by the refs in the finals

>Dwayne Wade scored over half the Heats points in free throws in a game

Fuck that guy and fuck the refs

Dirk was a playoff choker before 2011, him losing the warriors in the first round is the most embarrassing nba performance ever, even moreso than lebron in 2011. Hell if lebron didn't shrink in the finals, dirk would have zero rings. Duncan is easily better, his overall defensive and offensive impact outweighs dirk's by a large margin

KG is better than both

OMG...the shit on this board

Duncan is the best 4 in history, and therefore > Dirk

This guy is just simply retarded. You can't even begin to make that argument.

>Dirk was a playoff choker before 2011

No he wasnt. He took the Spurs to 7 Games in the WCF in 03, beat the defending champ Spurs
in 7 games in the WCF in 06. 07 was the only choke but the Mavs team as whole choked..

>coaches in basketball matter

wew

Duncan's better from an efficiency standpoint, Dirk from an aesthetic standpoint. Hard to say how they would do if they switched places because they play differently and those teams were built around their skillsets. I think the teams w/Duncan would probably do a little better, but Dirk would probably roast Timmy in a game of 1 on 1.

I can't believe Dirk's knees haven't exploded from all those hard landings on fadeaways. How did he get 20 years?

He's not the greatest 4, but he got 20 years. Makes the stat sheet look nice.

Yes, laughable that people actually debate this
Yes, and more
No, the 2011 squad would be good enough for him to have a shot, but the 2011 Spurs with Dirk would kill them

Dirk won't ever be close to Tim Duncan-God tier.

Came here to say this. If we're using the hypothetical put them all on the same teams argument, I'm sure KG comes out of it with the best career. I only rate Karl Malone ahead of Kevin at the 4.

Yeah fucking right . None of them will ever know the pressure to perform in critical games to seal that 5th ring. By the way, KG got lazy and sold out.

Spotted two dorks that don't know shit about basketball

What part of hypothetical don't you understand? Kevin's personality is different under 20 years of Poppovich. He's more focused. You think Duncan is the exact same if he rots on a lottery team most of his career ?

Get the fuck over your hypothetical bullshit, moron. We were talking about the power forwards, stop making excuses, and learn the game and their players. Smh.

You are the moron sir. Basketball is a team sport but you fucking numbskulls never seem to understand this, which makes all the player comparisons and dick-measuring pointless. You have to factor in everything.

Dude I agree 100% it's a team game, I just didn't bother explaining that to this idiot all over KG's nuts. Popovich is one of the best and he coaches an impressive team season after season, but some of these kids need to give Duncan more credit. You can't just swap out players and say "he'd do the same or better".

done
good coach = stability. pop created a good environment, and his players helped solidify it.

> dirk is better than duncs
yes
> do spurs win with dirk
yes
> duncs is better than dirk

Do you even proof read what you type?

RAW TALENT IT GOES:

KG > Malone > Dirk > Duncan

This is objective.

Malone > Kevin otherwise correct. If Michael wasn't in the league man.. the way we'd be talking about Karl Malone.

We'd be talking about how one of the most overrated players of all time is a pedophile

There's nothing wrong with pedophilia

>German has pop into a dirk thread.

Everytime.

>A scrutiny of the greatness of basketball players involves placing them in hypothetical scenarios where they are in a lottery team environment
>I objectively think Malone and Garnett are better than Duncan

fuck you kangaroo fucker

dirk is better offensively but duncan is a wall defensively. doubt they win more than 1 or 2 if they replaced each other

David Robinson was there with Duncan when Spurs won 2, all Dirk ever needed in his career was Center like D-Rob who would play D and protect the rim.

Only finals I'd see Spurs losing with Dirk instead of Duncan is 05 against the Pistons.

Dirk was a better shooter than Duncan or any other big man in history.

But Duncan could do everything perfectly

Time to put the keyboard down, Karl Malone

Duncan
Malone
KG
Dirk
Barkley
McHale
Pettit
Rodman
Gasol
Draymond Green

This. Just contradicting himself and everyone agrees with him.