Is it possible that they're one of the greatest live shows to exist?

Is it possible that they're one of the greatest live shows to exist?

I've never witnessed intensity such as theirs on stage.

If anyone has other bands that perform at this caliber please point me to them.

The Prodigy have a pretty intense live show but it doesn't rival the experience a Death Grips live show offers.

lmfao go to more shows you fucking teenager

>please point me to them

you can shit on me, but I just want to know which shows to go to.

there's like 30 years of punk rock performances for you to dig up out there on youtube.

never saw Pink Floyd: the thread

>you can shit on me, but I just want to know which shows to go to.
Go to jazz gigs.

I've been to improv shows, i agree that they're wild as fuck

I've always thought that they were similar to groups like Bad Brains

>written by someone that has never been to basement hardcore shows

plebs need to learn their place.

This. nothing is as intense as a hardcore show

Go see prog rock/metal shows. they're always awesome.

Go support your local symphony. Also extremely powerful live performances.

Go to a jazz club and watch them improvise.

Go enjoy all the live music you can, really. Music is supposed to be a live art. i tend to think of records as a teaser for live shows. If they suck live, the suck.

Saw them at flow in Helsinki and shit was pretty tight.
Sadly they didn't play much from Exmilitary which was kind of disappointing.
What if you live in the middle of the woods in a town of 4000 and your only option to see interesting bands live is at festivals?

Arthur Brown's 74 and he's still outdoing them

How much does the memeteen audience ruin the performance?

This is my sole reason for not going, they're bad enough on here so I can't imagine seeing them in real life.

Fuck yes. :Loudest show in the history of our entire fucking species and the most god tier performance to boot.

We are in the presence of the most powerful band on the planet.

>Screaming lyrics before and during the set up and soundcheck and spouting memes.
>Dudes with long hair and ironic shirts yelling at Zach Hill.

It was pretty bad pham.

God deathgrips fans have to be like 12 years old, they are fucking pathetic. That nigger isnt doing anything new hardcore and punk bands werent doing a million years ago

The crowd would be such a cringefest it'd be funny. It's like Tool playing Aenima and Opiate at the governsball this past summer. i would have been laughing and looking at people around me like "you know this is about you, right?"

>Herpetology club
Sweet taste Hank. Herpetology is an underrated hobby.

TIL liking something makes you pathetic and that the timbre or characteristics of a particular band are completely obsolete if someone before them did something similar

seen them 3 times, first time was annihilating, other weren't that good, but still intense. My favorite part of their shows is that the fanbase is so loyal, almost everyone in the crowd knows every single song and they all cheer up when they he next song in their set starts playing. When I saw them at Primavera this year the crowd went wild at the soundcheck alone.

I think Earth and Boris have them beat. Sure, not as intense on-stage, but the energy in the crowd was so awesome. And the music... Maybe I'm biased, since my first concert was Boris with Earth as an opener. But goddamn it was amazing.

no one said it's a new thing. but how they are applying it is. at at least the format that they are using it in is.

Theyre literally one of the most forgettable/ disappointing live acts I've ever seen. Maybe it's changed, but back in 2015 their live set was not impressive

Earth is the greatest live band Ive seen. They opened for Boris and Earth stole the whole show

That's the only year in which I've seen them and it was great. I remember Zach Hill actually smiling for a while. What venue were you at?

i have never seen them. i'm not going to go out of my way to see them. but if they played my hometown i'd go. for no other reason than to say I've seen them. Wouldn't expect a mind blowing performance or anything.

Showbox in Seattle

DIY punk shows
Lightning Bolt
shit even the big commercial "hardcore" bands

Death Grips isn't loud lmao

theyre great but loud af. i never believed in wearin ear plugs to shows cuz i thought that was some weak shit but seeing them live permanently fucked up my hearing a bit

This dude made my heart feel like it was going to burst out of my chest. From the music, I swear.