Is it just me, or do most of the songs on this album sound very similar?

Is it just me, or do most of the songs on this album sound very similar?

1/10 try harder next time

Not an argument.

yes and they're all good

Darklands is better.

i would fuck james reid

Yeah, and that's the way I like this album. I don't know why but it seems to me that this is one of the only albums that can get away with that. It might be their charm

Yes, the whole album sounds alot like how listening to the Beatles will sound after you develop crippling tinnitus.

agreed

Would you say they all sound... Just Like Honey?

What's some other essential "every song sounds the same"-core?

Them simpletons don't know too many chord progressions, it's a shame. In Psychocandy's case it works pretty well since the songs are so catchy.

Im pretty sure two songs on Darklands are exactly the same

there's nothing about about all the songs on an album sounding similar
it's actually a strong point if you can have a consistent theme/feeling throughout an entire album

of course an extremely dynamic album (like every ween album, for example) can be good too. but there's no reason why having similar songs would be bad at all

Of course the feel Is very similar but what I mean is that the actual songs them selves are very similar in instrumentation and structure. At least two of them, including just like honey, have the same 'be my baby' drum line

kek

Also this album would be good if they scrapped that guitar that makes it sound like shit

I think a lot of Darklands' songs are Psychocandy songs without the distortion and different lyrics, pretty much

you're definitely right. will always respect jamc for their innovating sound, but their songwriting is pretty terrible

just like honey is still fantastic though

that album is literally one good song and the rest are meh core

their recent album is fucking trash. not even Sup Forums bothers to talk about it

they just masked their shitty songwriting and melodies with lot of white noise feedback
so innovative, wow

JAMC is so good that they plagiarize themselves.

Galaxie 500
Loop Heavens end

It's a one trick pony but it's a good trick. Plus, we might not have gotten MBV as they are without it.

mac demarco
weezer
green day
blink 182

The whole discography of The Sound