Why are rocktards so autistic?

Why are rocktards so autistic?

>metal
>rock
b8

b8

Honestly the list for dance music subgenres would be just as bad, if not worse.

>comparing ALL dance music to ONE type of guitar music

It all sounds the same senpai.

epic :^)

>dance music sub-genres
>implying dance music is a genre on the first place
lol

>implying rocktards are a thing that exists

THIS

You could compare rock to techno or breaks but comparing ALL dance music would mean including r&b, funk, jazz, reggae and anything else with guitars too for a fair, equal comparison.

>You could compare punk rock or metal to techno or breaks
That seems more accurate.

Why?

Techno is a different genre born out of different styles and history with different roots and audience to that of breaks.

Why should they be put together purely because both genres happen to use instruments which have plugs?

Never got the incessant need for all these sub-genre's desu. Not every band needs their own sub-genre but they sound slightly different then their peer group. Saw an interview with Mark Sandman of morphine when someone asked him what kind of rock they played he said "fuck rock" good answer to be honest.

Because if you start analyzing the roots of techno or breaks music you go back to electro music, which would be an analogous situation to the one of rock music with rock and roll. Just by taking a look at RYM's earliest breaks and techno releases you can see that those are also considered electro. You get my idea?
>Why should they be put together purely because both genres happen to use instruments which have strings?
Analogy

Every guitar based genre post-1940 should all be called r&b. Reggae, funk, rock, soul, contemporary folk all go back to r&b/blues.

tag yourself, i'm rock against communism

p sure like 10 of the genres on the left arent made up garbage

also indie and punk arent genres just really obnoxious descriptors

See

they are influenced by r&b, doesnt mean they should actually be called such

>comparing rock to techno or breaks is fair
Nigga even comparing metal to techno would be unfair considering how much, much bigger metal is, and I say that as I like both.

Same goes for techno, breaks and electro.

ONE rule for both.

Just because metal fans have 714 subgenre names doesn't make it more varied.

Objectively speaking, metal is also more varied than techno.

Nah, by that logic, we should be calling all techno house breaks etc electro-disco.

Metal versus Techno is a reasonable comparison, really. Maybe Metal is slightly bigger, but you get the idea.

lol putting objectively in the sentence doesn't make it true

t. community college STEM kid

Doesn't make it wrong neither
Thanks for the (You)

And all guitar music r&b/blues by your own logic.

Now we can compare them equally.

(Electronic) dance music VS r&b/blues*

*blues, r&b, rock, metal, punk, reggae, c.folk, etc

>And all guitar music r&b/blues by your own logic
No, that's exactly the point I'm criticizing. Both the r&b one and the electro disco one.

post electro electronic music VS post rock and roll music

That's a more accurate categorization. Now, I'm going to call post rock and roll music rock, you choose the name for post electro electronic music if you want (EDM? Shitty term, I know, but whatever).

>Maybe Metal is slightly bigger
You have no idea, lad

All rock, metal, funk, reggae etc has it's roots in r&b/blues just like techno, house, breaks and hip hop has it's roots in electro-funk.

"r&b/blues" and "post-electro music" are equals.

R&B
Funk
Soul
Reggae
Rock
Metal
Punk
Alt-rock

Techno
House
Breaks
Trance
Hip hop

Fuck umbrella terms

Sure, did I ever say otherwise?
Now, to which point you can further go back is ambiguous. It could be
>"r&b/blues" and "post-electro music" are equals.
>"r&b/blues" and "electro disco" are equals.
>"garage rock" and "post-electro music" are equals.
But I think the most accurate one would be
>"post rock & roll music" and "post electro music" are equals.
Now, if you want to go further back, you will end up with
>"r&b" and "r&b" are equals.

Whatever triptard, you're a clueless idiot

What's wrong? Everything I have said is accurate so far.

captcha: elektronik drive

Now that I think of it, comparing Black metal to Techno would be more fair and accurate. Both evolved in different geographical zones, both have plenty of derivatives and both were created in around the same time.

Nah, Techno is definitely more diverse than Black Metal.

Not necessarily, black metal is probably the most diverse metal subgenre. Pretty sure I could post at least 25 bands from the top of my head that sound nothing alike