Has anyone had any success losing weight with meal replacement drinks and snack bars? I've lost 10 lbs/4...

has anyone had any success losing weight with meal replacement drinks and snack bars? I've lost 10 lbs/4.5 kl so far in 3 weeks. I have a shake for breakfast and lunch, then I eat dinner regularly (like a pig). Is this sustainable? have you guys had any luck with this type of diet?

Have you tried counting your caloric intake?
Consume less than 2,000 a day and watch the weight slough off. "Diets" don't work, and the ones that do are unhealthy as fuck.

The secret to losing weight is remarkably simple. Eat less, move more.

Never tried it but why don't you just try a regular diet + exercise? It'll last longer than some stupid meal replacement bs.

aren't those for ppl with anorexia?

From what I understand, if you go back to your old eating/exercise habits you'll just put any weight you've lost back on. What were you eating before hand? Post an average days worth of meals for comparison.

I'm actually cutting calories like crazy with the drinks. They're 200 calories each. Breakfast and lunch add up to 400 calories. On a regular day i'd be over 2,000 calories with those two meals a lone. I still have to work on the dinner meal. By that time i'm Starving!

oh and the shakes are super convenient between school and work. Saves me a lot of time not having to run over to subway or McDonald's or packing up a lunch.

As someone who's slowly changed their eating habits and went from 140 to 125 in 2 years, I can tell you it's much better to take things one step at a time. I have no want to eat like I used to, I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day, and I exercise about twice a week. I should exercise more, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. Just gradually change your diet and you'll see results that are more than just losing weight, it honestly helped with my depression, body image, and I'm no longer a virgin.

So you are going to drink it for something like rest of your life?

>if you go back to your old eating/exercise habits you'll just put any weight you've lost back on

many people actually put on more weight than before. Its an ugly cycle.

Water for breakfast lunch. Small dinner. You're set now

Losing weight is all about calories. Burn more calroies than you take and you'll start losing weight.

>Saves me a lot of time not having to run over to subway or McDonald's or packing up a lunch.

Cook more Sup Forumsro. As it is you'll either have to pick up new eating habits or stick to drinks for the rest of your life, or else you'll just pick the weight back up. Buying only fresh ingredients, learning how to add extra veggies to meals and cooking everything is the easiest way to loose weight permanently because it forces you to change how you treat food, not just how you eat each meal. No chance of yo-yo dieting if you totally change your relationship with food.

>it honestly helped with my depression, body image

this alone is great motivation. I used to sit at home all depressed an shit. Now I take a run or hike instead. Also, to keep busy. My weight hasn't really changed, but I feel much much better.

I lost some weight unintentionally by switching to one meal per day. Meaning I didn't start eating like this to lose weight, that was a side effect.

I don't think it's possible. After reaching my goal of losing 35 lbs; I'm planning on just cutting calories in general. Cut all my portions in half. this is more doable than shakes for life.

Just do that now then.

one meal a day? that sounds brutal. Is it a big meal right in the middle of the day? or do you eat early and go to bed hungry?

>bumping for this

Buy everything fresh, change your life to allow more time to cook, and develop a healthier relationship with food in general. 1000x better than any diet. It's cheaper too.

Yes! And you can get into cooking shows like Kitchen Nightmares because anyone with a basic knowledge of cooking (or even none sometimes tbh) can laugh at the people on that show. Not a reason to lose weight, just an upside of learning how to cook. Makes you feel like you could run your own restaurant.

just go with the christian bale (batman) diet plan. Each day he only had one tuna can, one apple, and water to look like a concentration camp victim.

this motherfucker is a chameleon when it comes to body image.

>And you can get into cooking shows like Kitchen Nightmares

If learning to cook is your goal, skip the American series and focus on the original UK version. It focuses a lot more on the food and a lot less on reality TV drama.