I have some questions about cats in general

I have some questions about cats in general

>why is this small kitten meowing constantly?
>how can I keep it out of the road?

Here's the backstory

>wife allergic to cats
>we never have them
>live about 10 feet from a rural country road
>few days ago this little thing wandered up
>me and my wife decide to keep it
>it has to be an outdoor cat since my wife is very allergic to cat dander
>we have been feeding and watering it
>still meows

So far I haven't seen it near the road, but I'm worried it may get hit. Also why the fuck does it meow CONSTANTLY. It's been fed and watered and it's still crying. I named it mud.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/pet-allergy-wipes/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:pet allergy wipes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you spending any time with? or just throwing food at it. its probably very lonely.

Well, it's most likely due to loneliness

I give Mud loving and hugs, asshole.

>Adopts an animal without no knowledge of it.
>Asks Sup Forums to assist.
>throws food at it like a common pigeon.

Come on user, you're just throwing a handful of food at it? Plus kittens are needy little bastards, they meow constantly when they're young because they need the safety of numbers to quell them. Only time I've seen kittens between the age of 6 weeks to 6 months shut up is when you're constantly coddling them. That or they're sleeping. Thing is lonely man, you made a poor, a very poor decision thinking you can take care of it.

Change wife and give the kitty some love, either that or give the kitty to someone who can properly look after it

I play with it maybe 30 or 45 minutes a day. I don't really have much free time to give it since I work full time and go to the gym daily.

I've been doing this. At first it would smell my finger and run and now it walks up to me and lets me cuddle it and pick it up.

I haven't been throwing food at it. That was the first day in the pic.

Since then I have it a little food and water bowl as well as a house I made out of an Amazon box kek. I put an old shirt in it to make it more comfy for him.

Also my options were either adopt it, or let it fucking starve to death.

Some breeds are super vocal. Can you post a better picture so we can identify it?

Well, try to look online for someone who can take care of him. Clearly you and your wife are in no situation to provide

>>why is this small kitten meowing constantly?
>>how can I keep it out of the road?

1. Hungry
2. Lonely
3. Scared

You should invite it in and give it some food and water and a comfy spot on your couch.

>wife allergic to cats

Get a new wife.

>common pigeon.
>common

How dare you?

looks like its too young to properly care for itself outside. Call animal control?

Or take it to a shelter, or look for a different home for it. Also, kittens wonder off all the time. A couple years ago, I left work and found a small kitten under my porch. It was small, cute, and loud. It was gone when I came back from work. Next day, saw it and its mother. The cats lived at a nearby farmhouse and were well fed. Still ended up taking a different cat from the litter, since my cat was dying. It enamored itself with its disposition to sleep on the tire of my car in the sun.

Little bastard is a big ass maine coon now.

Where do you live that you think that cat will be able to survive outdoors long term?

It was hard to get a straight on shot of it.

Awe, little nigger kitten. Kick out wife, and keep.

Divorce wife. Keep cat. Find new wife.

it's lonely and needs love, might be missing family

Check it for fleas, ticks, etc. Take to vet for a check up. Might be crying cause its got fleas driving it crazy.

I live in a rural as fuck area. Feral cats are actually a problem in the area. Shelter in my area means it gets 3 days to get adopted then it's killed. It's too nice to suffer that fate. I've called everyone I know who could take it and nobody wants it.

Here's its temporary house and food tray until we see if it actually hangs around. Today is like the 4th day it's been here.

Hes just a baby looks Like 6 weeks old make him cat house or section off room for him cat dander can be avoided by buying Earthbath natural catwipes. buy a brush so he does not get matted. feed him buy hand, buy wetfood for him. wipes help with human/cat alergys

I was going to get it a soresto collar assuming it sticks around. We use one on our dog and it works great. Also was planning on taking it to the vet a week from today assuming it's still around.

>pic is doggo who is actually scared of the cat even though the cat is super playful.

amazon.co.uk/pet-allergy-wipes/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:pet allergy wipes

that cat is too young to be on its own. its mother probably got hit by a car or some shit. you need to take action OP it will wander off and die. make room for it inside where its away from your wife. or find someone who will care for it. otherwise kill it. its better for the cat.

EARTHBATH CAT WIPES with Awapuhi

OP if you're not capable of taking it in I suggest just taking it to the local shelter so it can get a better home with owners who let her inside and have more time spent with her.

Kittens shouldn't be left to fend for themselves outside period, the first 6 months is basically like having a newborn baby.

Find a shelter that actually gives a shit about animals, kittens get adopted in no time. Cause there's no point you keeping it.

I mean killing it would be the only option. I'm not going to inconvenience my wife in our house over a stray cat. I'm not trying to sound edgy, I just think it'd be very selfish if I put the cat in our house knowing how allergic she is. I've already tried everyone I know to take it but Nobody wants it.

Did not read this before posting. If you care about the kitten you will have to let it in or take the time out of your day to drive it to a decent shelter that cares for the kittens. Don't fucking kill it, it shouldn't be too hard to drive an hour to get it to a good shelter.

Try watering it less maybe fertiliser??
is it getting enough sunlight

You don't understand I live in a poor as fuck rural area. Cats are generally seen as a nuisance rather a pet. The average income for a family of 4 is a mere $28,000. Ain't nobody around here looking for a kitten, and there a no shelters that aren't public animal shelters which have a policy of euthanisa within 3 days for anything unadopted.

All I see are excuses for your fucking wife. If your wife was a good person she'd put up with the allergies till you could find mr kitty a new home.

Yeah, kill an animal because someone sneezes over it, you're right you don't sound edgy YOU ARE EDGY FAGGOT.

>hey guise I'm a shit-in 12 year old with no understanding of how a relationshit works.

Imagine if whoever you lived with brought in something you were allergic to into your house. It'd piss you off, OP is just being respectful to his wife

Kek, found the vegan!

You live in Kansas?

Then tell your wife to get fucked and make her buy and take allergy tablets for the rest of its life.

There's no way in the world of Facebook and shit that you can't find someone that would want a kitten and is willing to drive to bumfucksville.

Put A tie on your kitten and post it on youtube and mud will be the new grumpycat, money will be no object after that.

fucking pushovers...
you really make me cringe, with that 'happy wife happy life' spineless wedded men BS, like thats the way it has to be

the cats life holds more value than your wifes comfort, and if she wont budge on being uncomfortable for someone else then im telling you that you've made a bad relationship choice

i can see you care because you're posting, i really do hope you make the right decision

Nah NC

I really don't think you realize how little effort people put into getting cats.

I'm not a vegan, I just don't think allergies that are a fucking blocked nose, eye irritation and sneezing is worth killing an animal over.

Obviously I can't prove it to you user, but I wouldn't give two flying fucks if it was something that needed a home for a couple of days while I found one for it regardless if it's a person or a no kill-shelter, I rent, study wildlife conservation and own animals so maybe I'm a bit biased but killing because someone has allergies? Fuck man, Sup Forums is meant to love cats but I guess time's have changed hey faggots.

the kitten got you, take it in, get the cat wipes happy wife happy life for the kitty, you will relax be distressed every time you pet the little bitty. and the baby needs ya

Oldfags still love cats, its these new normie fuck face mellinials that are ruining shit....old Sup Forums would have found him a home already, and gave it an awesome name.....although his name is mud is alright......and since OP gave it a name,, he is now responsible to love and care for it, or find it a new home STAT

you can let it live outside if it isnt that cold

It appears to be very young .......dunno

I don't think you realise how quick people are willing to save animals with the power of the internet.

Put a fraction of effort into it rather than ask the 3 friends your wife let's you still contact, it's not hard to make a sob story post on Facebook.

OP is most likely cucked by Tyrone as well.

Tyrone here
Can confirm
He has also be locked in chastity for 4 years now
Pretty sure his sick has fallen off

could very well be sick or in pain from an injury and is meowing for it's mommy, it could have parasites or something like that

it's good you are feeding it but really if you want to do right by the cat and make it yours you should take it to a vet for a check up and some vaccinations

it's the responsible thing to do

>I don't really have much free time to give it since I work full time and go to the gym daily.
I bet it's not only the cat, but you're wife's lonely, too.
If you keep this up, she might start cheating on you while you're at work or at the gym, if she isn't already.

this is a common myth

kittens get adopted, there is a demand for them, old cats get put down

get the cat it's shots then put an add for a free kitten to a good home on craigslist and post pics, people will respond

don't give the cat to a single grown man, he might use it to train a fighting dog, give the cat to a family that has kids and wants a pet

Take cat to gym, give to sexy girl for a BJ

kektus maxiumus

he want company

OP here

One of my friends just mentioned an idea. I own a small business (a gun store) I could possibly just keep it at work as the work pet. I am there 6 days a week and I assume it would be ok being left alone one day at work.

What about this idea.

Horrible idea

Damn we are poor as rat but we have 3 cats and a dog and my mom has an asthma, but we never decide to kill animals for any reason. If you can't take it, then just relocate it, please, dont kill faggot

where do you actually live? I suppose in US somewhere?

Meowing means its looking for other cats and attention in general. Just spend time sitting with it outside and it'll stop once it's feeling socially fulfiled (picture a sims bar - social bar empty, cat meows, social bar full, cat happy).

As to the gun store, that would work as a stop gap, but I don't know how good an idea it is for it to be that way permanently. Still, it gives it somewhere to sleep while you look for a home for it, and if it does genuinely seem content and healthy and so on in that situation then maybe keep it. Cats are like people - some can explore the place and sleep and be alone 70% of their life and be fine, others spend an hour without attention and their fucking world explodes.

Either way, what it needs right this second is petting. Lots and lots of it.

>Disclaimer: Not a cat expert or trainer, just like cats and have studied them cursorily. If someone who knows things says I'm wrong, I probably am.

he's literally a baby of course hes gonna meow a lot, he wants company to protect him, he is going to get eaten by coyotes, get him some good shelter off the ground or make one and i hope you have a porch or something to better his chances of survival.

If all else fails, break it off with wife and have all the cats!

I found a friend of my moms who wants it. Her cat just died Monday so she's excited for it. I'd like to have kept it as a store cat but this way will be better for mud I think.

just want to say there are plenty of people with dander allergies that have cats and dogs, just be efficient at cleaning. He's a little generic for a kitten and prob wont get adopted but he has better chances than an adult cat, personally i think you should just keep him. Outside cat is better than a dead cat.

It's for the best.

thats a distress call for mommy when they do that. take it to a shelter

You let mud down

You will get Toxoplasma GONDII, and it will affect your brain for the rest of your life, if you haven't already touched that brain worm carring piece of shit

You are a worthless piece of shit faggot. It's a FUCKING ANIMAL. His wife shouldn't have to be in discomfort because of a FUCKING ANIMAL you hopeless shit sucking retard.

When you grow up, move out of your grand mothers basement and actually meet female humans you might understand, until then shut the fuck up and let the adults talk, you fucking imbecile.

This is a great idea TBH. Provided you socialize him well and he doesn't make breaks for the door

Nice work OP. You staid the course through all the troll comments and did the right thing by your wife, Mud, and your mom's friend

there medicine for cat allergys

>taking medication over a stray animal

Are people this insane?