What the fuck is this Sup Forums

What the fuck is this Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFah8Wk9Dy4&t=13s
numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=simnr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks like maybe a trail/hunting camera but idk. where did you find it OP?

it's a tracking device

>Posts timestamp
>Doesn't post something for size reference

why do these threads always have the object in question posed like antiques roadshow?

anyway, post more i'm interested.

looks like a camara

Under my car wtf

if that's a magnet in the 2nd pic yeah probably

yeah sorry OP that's a GPS

Looks like a trail camera. Or it could be something for and OBDII sensor in a car that tracks and diagnoses stuff the ECU does

it is a magnet. it goes under the subjects car. if he cracks it open there should be a sim card in it

Magnetic GPS tracker. It's used by police and also sold in the private sector. Stick it to another car and stop doing whatever shady shit you've been doing for a bit.

Download a barcode reading app on your phone and see what it says.

Should I take it apart? How can I find out where it came from?

you dumb fuck it says the numbers below it.

Is your car financed by a car lot (not a bank) by chance? A lot of car lots will use these devices to track your vehicle in the event that you default in payments, to aid in recovery efforts. Also, if your vehicle is stolen, it is used to recover the vehicle in an incident like that.

If a vehicle is parked for any extended amount of time in one area, they consider that it could be abandoned, stolen and dumped, etc.

If your vehicle is still being paid off, I would leave it where you found it. If indeed it's what that is, which it could very well be, there is nothing to worry about they don't care where you go or what you do. But when they want to know where their property is, that is how they will find it.

There is a piece that says "amazon", so I guess it might have come from amazon.

what exactly made you check for it or find it?

No, it is you who are the dumb fuck.

Its a tracking device. There was a old thread that had the same exact thing. I honestly thought you had the pic of it and was trying to make copypasta until I saw the timestamp. Idk how to track whose trying to follow you though.

>Under my car

>i just happened across this device while crawling under my vehicle for no reason

fuck off dude.

it's been done here before, you are not original.

if it doesn't have a manufacturers name or s/n then it's the feds or local police

Tried that why do you think I'm here

>this is the fbi agent that put it there

Order an Ifixit kit online and it should have the bits you need, you should get a iSeasmo tool as well or use

This is not an endorsement for either product, it's just the names I know offhand from the tools I use at work.

I bet you take your car to the dealership when it breaks. That's cute.

its literally a watertight otterbox with some ebay disgruntled ex gps tracker to put on your ex bfs car. Its a personal operation likely.

I own the vehicle
I service my own vehicles I wasn't there last time about two months ago

just break it open, likely will be a sim, take picture of back of sim card where number is so we can have it.

was talking about the tracker not the box but yeah most likely it wasn't the feds otherwise he'd be v& by now

Set it on fire.

you guys are all missing the obvious

attach it to the underside of a random persons car with out of state plates

>i'm desperate for attention, please reply.

the device likely is a car companies, that tag is likely an asset tag that is for internal use and intepretation only, so the number means nothing outside of their inventory. It likely is for catching payment default'ers, etc. May have been forgot and they left on your car or is supposed to still be there. Call or goto your dealer you got it from and ask them about it.

>you guys are all missing the obvious

>I service my own vehicles I wasn't there last time about two months ago

It's making a rattling noise after I took the battery out???

>PSN
Motherfucker being tracked by PlayStation.

>Entora

GPS Tracker. Oh shit.

Enfora Mobile Tracker bro.

other side? Also other pieces you took off show also in pic.

Keep going, I want to believe.

Other side

the plot thickens

retard shit youtube.com/watch?v=KFah8Wk9Dy4&t=13s

Put it on someone else's car.

>It's making a rattling noise
it's programmed to self destruct in case of tampering OP
say goodbye to fingers and prepare to be dyed

that looks like some kind of storage chip.. maybe you can plug it in somewhere?

A clock

.....could u not do that and just mail it back to #1 justice way, dallas tx?

THANKS FOR THE SIM

its a sim you retard, 64k means it has internal phonebook storage of 64kb

like i said before put on underside of out of state car

they drive off and take the gps with them
if its an ex or some shit like that, they lose gps etc
if its car dealership, they no longer tracking you so fuck them, and they lost their gps
if its feds, well you still need to move but at least they lost their gps and if they fall for it come at you and try to use it as evidence, you will most likely have alibi

or attach it to a neighbors car and watch them, see who follows, comes in middle of the night to get it, etc

GPS trackers have a SIM card... SIM cards are registered. Hire an attorney to subpoena the cell carrier for account holders info and they will comply within 30 days. Police/feds won't use such a large device. Most likely a PI tracking you.

The logo is right there OP. Its what these people said:

Whatcha been doing OP? Cheating? Assorted crime?

It has a USB port

well at this point just cut the sim in half so it can not be reused, therefore it no longer can track. Also, you can buy a 5 dollar sim reader on ebay, put sim in, and see what phone number it has been sending info to. These trackers are simple and use gps to get coordinates then simply sms it using a standard gsm phone service and send to a set number. Btw you could probably find the settings by plugging that mini usb connector into a pc, albeit make sure the pc is offline and maybe do in vm for max tinfoilhat scared-ness.

gps tracker.
someone know where are you
have a magnet
some car lost it

probably for charging nigga, but maybe worth plugging into a laptop or something that isn't connected to the internet whatsoever.

for connecting to computer whatever with program and reading the gps tracking data
show routes etc on a map and all that
or to change internal program and yada blah blah

plug it in to pc!

i like this user

AT&T sim card, more accuratly a Cingular card before they were bought out by AT&T

What can I do to it to make them try to come get it?

correct, numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=simnr

Put it on any black cars

cut the sim to size or find a fone with standard simcard size, then put sim in and actually use a sim settings app and see the numbers it sends to without having to buy a reader as i mentioned, then spam that fone number from a safe source like a free text service. or call it with the likes.

Keep the batter out a while, they'll come looking when they stop getting responses... leave it under the car and watch, or get a motion sensor camera facing the car so it records who is there

Could he not just put the sim in a phone handset and get the number?

actually i should say goto a store that has cheap prepaid fones, like a flipfone at cvs, and just put this sim in it, then you can goto messages app (assuming its a feature fone) and see whos been getting messages sent and what coordinates it last reported. Also since the sim is so old, it shows they likely have had that device in use for awhile, leading me to conclude it is likely either a car dealer/loaner,etc service that rotates those devices around their cars, or indeed some weird official service otherwise. Not likely any one person. Even less likely a fed thing.

thats what i said, you can. Just need to cut the sim to size though because they likely have a phone that uses mini or microsim size. Its easy to cut down to size, print the template by googling it and place on top then cut with scissors. Be careful not to cut to close to center of contacts as that is where the cheap flash chip is, also make sure you do not cut an entire pad off, only part of them when resizing.

psn = part serial number

OP already said he owns the car though, so less likely to be a dealership's tracker.

I don't want anyone knowing I messed with it until I catch them this isn't good

Yeah, read that after I posted. My bad - that'll teach me to read the thread first.

so the other thing is it is a service maybe a pissed ex paid for, they may have hired a service to track them, and those people placed the tracker, and may do other sorts of tracking like stakeouts. OP i say the utmost priority right now is figuring out the number that sim is sending to, go get an old phone and put it in, and read the messages it has sent.

im so curious how this will go..

or do the get a prepaid featurefone from cvs and put it in there, should be 20USD at best.

There's no way its a dealer thing I'm sure it wasn't there the last time I worked on the car

Hey user just lurking. Do you fags see something weird on this box too or just me?

On the way to store to buy a burner keep the thread alive

yeah i saw that and kind of ignored since i couldnt really make any specific thing out.

Timestamp

Can we get close up???

it's a specific type of otterbox. so what? they are easy to purchase.

It's OP's timestamp you retards.

ah shit my screen is so bad the blacks are really indiscernible so that looked like jpeging instead of letters.

dumb cucks. he already has it at his house. tracking... it will get traced back to him no matter what he does with it now

track my cock, dude

since he took it apart, removing the battery, im just wondering if the party monitoring it has realized it's no longer transmitting or not. how interesting if he were to run into them when he arrived back home..hrrmm...

gsm means its got wireless

idk cool bait

agreed,not a bad job this one.

it was on the underside of his car smart guy - and where do you think he parks when he gets home? GPS tracking services aren't so precise to know the difference between his garage and his living room.

not necessarily, TWO possibility. One, as soon as he opened it, the tamper evident mode was activated and it sent a final tracking message as sos to the set phone number, so yes op got nailed. Possibility TWO is that it has not tracked their current location yet as with all sms fone type trackers, it has not yet reached the set time it is to track and send coordinates. Since it can not always be spamming the sms with coordinates, so it has intervals for when to send.

you raise a good point here m8. Could be dead now, or could be noticed whenever the timer is set. oh the anticipation!

but since they heard clicking ,that was likely tamper evident mode sound, since the case likely has some pins on it that make a complete circuit, and when opened it disconnects and trips the tamper evident mode, sending a final sms of location, and other shit. Those large pads on the front of the board are likely where the tamper evident pins go from the case.

OP, did you plug it into a usb port yet?

so i got on for some goodies and instead of having off i'm stuck here...and it's getting late...OP GET BACK ALREADY.

OP went to store to get burner. we await his return.