Underrated, less known and hidden gem movies?

Underrated, less known and hidden gem movies?

Dumping a few from my list

>The Hidden 1987
Part sci-fi fantasy, part action, part crime thriller. The Hidden is best went into without reading the plot or imdb page but follows an FBI agent pairing up with a small town cop to track down a rampaging thief/criminal/murderer (murderers?) and is reminiscent of They Live and Heat at times. Interesting from start to finish

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fZRePZ1OqQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Frozen was pretty underraref

Tremors

>Attack The Block
Nick Frost without Simon Pegg in an alien attack on a council estate in London full of wee chavs. Surprisingly good movie with good enough humour

>The Guest
Best movie soundtrack I can think of. Worth watching for the soundtrack alone.
Nothing special and some stupid cliches but it's a good thriller action movie for one round.

The 13th Warrior
People didn't like this because it wasn't historically accurate or something but it's a fookin great movie about an Arab meeting Vikings and playing out some of what Michael Crichton discovered written about- The last of the Neanderthal tribes said to be holed up in Northern Sweden fighting humanity during that period (actually loosely based on probable fact).

Nobody else?

>Noises Off
Dunno how this one is so unheard of and under appreciated, it's one of the best movies I've seen and explores the craft of Theatre and Cinema simultaneously. Layers and layers of a great script

You're going to be better off in Sup Forums none of the retards here know any movies other than V for Vendetta

Great flick.

My God man we niggas.
The hidden is great shit, horribly underrated. Did you ever see the sequel? It was also fairly solid.

I recommend The Wraith. Another from before my time, but A E S T H E T I C as shit, and a shit tonne of fun. Charlie Sheen's first movie if memory serves.

>Did you ever see the sequel?
Didn't even know there was one, what was it called?

Much obliged.

>Eastern Promises
Less known London crime thriller about ruski brothers

Strange Days
Surviving the Game
Two Hands
Judgement Night

The Tao of Steve

if you have trouble with women, you have to watch this

i learned so much about just being myself and being as awesome as possible from this movie, it's incredible

just googled for the sequel i didn't know even existed, sure enough "straight to video" explains why.

I'm leary of sequels being crappier than originals, especially if they went straight to vid. don't recognize any of the "stars" mentioned on its wiki page

>Surviving the Game
I watched that when I was maybe 13 and forgot completely about it then watched it years later. It was terrible but still unique and interesting.

I think I saw Judgement Night too and it was good. Reminded me of this

>Running Scared
Criminally unknown crime thriller with lots of weird unique shit but focuses on two boys as central figures. Really unique film making and tone

>Repo! The Genetic Opera

About a man who repossesses organs from people who can't afford to pay for them(by cutting them out of their bodies), his terminally ill daughter, and the crooked business mogul he works for.

Reminds me of this incredible gem
>Repo Men 1984
The new one was wank but this is a unique movie with fucking amazing tone and all kinds of good actors about two car repo men

"streets of fire"

Another one I didn't know, much obliged

>Once Were Warriors
Movie about a Maori family and life in northern kiwi. Top acting and pace

Fuck yeah. This film is fantastic. I have the excellent soundtrack in my ipod so I think about it a lot.

Sold it to me, downloading.

Along those lines is
>Me and You and Everybody We Know

Dethgasm, New Zealand horror comedy about teenage metal heads who accidentally bring about the apocalypse.

Fucking love this movie, found it in high school and it's been a favorite since

That was pretty good, had some fan nods to Mad Max.

Also underrated aussie movie:
>The Proposition

That film is so fucking weird.

>))((

>John Hurt with a mullet
Sold

It's just dry and intelligent humour, I wouldn't really call it weird.
The kid and woman poop thing was a bit further than I expected and I'm surprised it got past the ratings board (who undoubtedly didnt get it) but it's the same principles as the others.

To be fair I'm mostly going off memory. Been maybe a decade since I saw it and was only a young teenager at the time. I'm amazed I recognised the name.

plus you get to see Viggos dick in that movie :3

Robot Jox. It's pretty much the same premise as G Gundam. Some cheesy effects and whatnot, but overall it was pretty cool.

Strange Days is fucking awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=fZRePZ1OqQE

That fight scene is intense.

Written by James Cameron, doncha' know... before he fell in love with his smurf planet bullshit. Guy used to know his way around a script.

>Gulliver's Travels

Made for tv movie based on the novel by Jonathan Swift. Shit is straight cash.