What are some good horror movies?

What are some good horror movies?
I don't want to sleep tonight!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

razorappleblog.com/2015/05/horror-and-rape-culture-part-i-it.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=nX4-z-sbLOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

watch cringe movies,it's better

This one was surprisingly creepy. Maybe all the shit horror action movies pushes me to like it more than I should have.

hmmm I have been thinking about watching this

It follows

I dismissed it for a long time too but it won't be a mistake to watch it.

IT (the new one) was a pretty good movie.

That was fucking terrible. Stupid idea and bad pacing.

Only thing that was decent was the music.

can vouch for it, sounds gay but good suspense and not just jumpscare trash

yeah, was also sjw propaganda film metaphor for rape

The Witch was surprisingly good. I slept like a baby after but it was worth watching for sure

you might not have liked it, but i still say that the premise had more thought than 90% of horror movies. Most horror movies are hot garbage, so ones that at least try to do something unique receive more respect from me.

no, no it wasnt

i love the movie, but wouldn't call it horror. it's more drama, but it's very good.

Watch Sinister. The movie itself is good, but the home movies contained within are pure horror gold.

I'm not here to argue, it's just my opinion.

i fucking hate that movie. agreed.

Yeah I agree. Maybe like a suspense/thriller

i wouldnt recommend this but there are a few neat little shots in the film

anonymous reporting in
gonna download this as we speak
been looking for something scary, or at least captivating lately

well i just dont want feminists pushing their stupid theories about films on people and ruining them. the film is ambiguous but has more themes of mortality than rape itself, and many of the scenes just wouldnt make sense if rape really was the central focus imo

The Autopsy of Jane Doe
The Taking of Deborah Logan
I've been watching most popular/semi-popular horror movies from 2015/16/17 during the last months and those are the two that scared me the most.
Train to Busan is not really scary but still a pretty good zombie movie. Deathgasm and The Visit are great for the lolz.

the autopsy of jane doe is a disgrace to the horror genre, and thats saying a lot. watch Poultrygiest, night of the chicken dead instead, that movie is excellent

anything on Netflix worth watching?

>getting scared by horror films
nigga what are you doing on Sup Forums where faggots post non-hollywood shit of people being decapitated all the time?

Anyhow surprise me Sup Forums, give me the worst, scariest, creepy and haunting horror you can think of.

If you post about it on Sup Forums I'd participate in that thread.

If you haven't watched the thing that's a good one. Grave encounters is one I watched recently that was good. A more mind fuck horror movie is both vhs 1 & 2. Lastly a weird random one would be tusk (has its moments)

not really. Killer Klowns from Outer Space is on there i think. And like, blair witch project. i always kinda liked Event Horizon, which is on there.

Event Horizon

i will probly watch it tomorrow night
probly be too drunk to make a thread
so i guess the night after that be on the lookout lol

i don't disagree, and feminist narrative can ruin shit for me so i try not to interrupt things that way. I've just been learning about it fit so long i probably am more susceptible to it. i googled it to see if it was a common interpretation and sure enough: razorappleblog.com/2015/05/horror-and-rape-culture-part-i-it.html?m=1 bitches gonna bitch

i will say the film was well put together and worth watching

this shit

interpret*

The Strangers

Martyrs, Hausu, Jeepers creepers (just cause i have a soft spot for it lol)

yes. good

yeah it may be popular but its literally just some tumblrinas stupid fan theory. i enjoyed a fair few of its scenes but i think i over rated it because it played to childhood phobias of mine.

Not really. Netflix is generally low tier when it comes to scifi and horror. They do have the shining, babadook, jaws, hellraiser and v/h/s wich i only heard was good

no, this is garbage. do not watch this.

Actually remove vhs from that list. Pretty sure its a shit version of rec

no vhs is not a zombie movie, its a horror anthology which can be pretty fun to watch if youre a few drinks in. The first short is particularly good imo.

number two is ehh, then they made a spinoff movie of the only good short film out of both of them called "siren". it was weird but a little entertaining, dragged a lot.

Number two was better tbh.

I will always have a special place in my heart for An American Werewolf in London.

Even without drinks, Vhs 1 & 2 are a good time.

i gotta disagree, the aliens one and the zombie one were so bad imo, aliens especially so, and the one with the implants was kinda absurd but not as bad, then there was that weird one with the long distance relationship. ahaha idk just like i preferred the ideas in the first one. the cult one was pretty fun though.

I didn't get this movie but it was a good comedy.

depending on whether you're a downer or not. i enjoyed both of them

Bone Tomahawk was a sick western-horror hybrid. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Fuck you it's great

>Sinister
>Oculus
>Ju-on: The Grudge
>Ringu
>Guinea Pig series
>Earlier Saw movies

Like you said, it's your opinion. Although I wil admit, the zombie one was eh.

i respectfully disagree with all my being. youtube.com/watch?v=nX4-z-sbLOo
consult this annoying emo faggots review for most of my argument.

Yes! Kinda dimented in some scenes.

the end sucked
too drawn out
very little scary
no scary whatsoever

Watch Evil Dead (the remake)
much better if you haven't seen the original
but if you have, forget it

oh also watch Get Out

upon re-read, I feel I was unclear

I meant to try to forget the original
when you watch the remake

>comparison is the end of happiness

Does Suicide Club count as horror?

>rape is good!

I liked Grave Encounters quite a bit

Kino taste right here.

Just downloaded the Guinea Pig series. Which one is the best?

grave encounters is pretty good if you can stand the mockumentary aspect

i had such low expectations for the remake and it is fucking amazing. the remake is one of the best horror movies to come out in recent years imo

True but the video wasn't too shaky like some documentary style horrors can be

If you have time just watch in release order. The quality gets better as they progress. It's been a while since I watched them, but I think they have somewhat shorter runtimes.

it has it's moments. depending on how big of a screen you're watching on. but just the aspect of it... they're playing it off as it's real when you know it's not. even still a fun watch, if you can immerse yourself in it

The Wailing was frigging awesome, perhaps too long for the simple-minded, but the evolution of characters, unpredictability and quality as a movie make it well worth the time. If you're looking for jumpscares and a shitty storyline this isn't for you then.

Lights out pulls no punches with a decent story.

Evil dead is shit.

Horror inthusiast here.

There aren't that many great horror movies. Here is a shirt list of some scary shit.

The Descent 1-2
The Ring 0-2 Japanese & English
The Grudge 1-2
The Conjuring
Mama

Exorcism of Emily Rose maybe

That's about it

Oh also:

It Follows

This boy and anyone before him gets it. That whole film is weird as fuck.

Go fuck yourself. That movie is an embarrassment.

The Others (2001) is a good movie. Not hardcore horror, but still a great watch.

Also my list of games:

Silent Hill 3
All other SH
Fatal Frame 1-3
Amnesia
Doom 3 maybe

No one does horror games as well as Silent Hill though.

Yeah. I was going to add that to my long short list I posted.

Also would like to add Silent Hill 6 and 3 are masterpieces.

Seriously though,

Silent Hill 3 and 6 are the closest thing to a perfect horror game I've ever played.

It's actually really good though. Don't know why it's such a polarizing movie, it always gets shit when posted

This.
The movie was garbage. An allegory for depression but you don't give a fuck about the characters. The kid is a retard and the mom a cunt and the conflicts are so hamfisted they lose all sense of realism. The vibe of the monster is pretty cool and the visuals work but all the rest doesn't. Garbage.

This. Great atmosphere and original idea. Some stupid bits but all in all quite good. Horror is a difficult genre

The original silent hill was pretty creepy for its time. Shit voice acting but the music and the sounds that played when enemies got close were great. Best way to create fear in movies and games is with atmosphere.

Let me explain.

It basically felt like a children's movie. Maybe because of that book in the movie.

The animation inside the book for the Babadook monster didn't seem scary at all. In fact, by the end I kind of liked the monster itself for having needs and wants.

It could be because I've seen much more scary shit and I'm desensitized. But this move was like 5/10.

Mah niggah. Too bad I've seen all of those. I like your taste. Looking for something new though.

Space Jam on VHS

Was a fucking garbage, that was Normie Movie man

It was not scary but was pretty good

Got to admit. Was hard to have sympathy for the kid and mom at times and the ending was kinda wierd. Trying not to spoil it here for those who haven't seen it but its kinda like the movie could have ended at one point but then they tacked on an extra 4 min for some artsy reason with that last basement scene.

All 80s 'horror' movies aren't creepy at all.

Not OP, but I have a horrific memory of watching Space jam as a kid.

>have siblings, so bunk beds
>i have top bunk because fuck ya!
>watching space jam in the evening before bed
>bunk bed is made of metal tubes, including the side railing on the top bunk (so I dont roll off)
>leaning on it with all of my weight
>the side bar just hooks onto the bed siding, no screws
>the entire thing bends and I go falling face first onto wood floor
>bust my lip super bad, blood every where
>luckily no stitches

Agreed

What the shit does that have to do with anything

Fuck you faggot

>slipped getting out of the bathtub as a kid.
> Hit my head on sharp corner of sink in front of it and blacked out.
>Needed stitches on my eyebrow
>mfw less than an inch away from probably losing an eye

>be me
>about 4 years old
>family owns upright piano
>want to climb it
>use toy tractor as a stepping stool so I can climb onto the keys of the piano
>toy tractor has wheels
>oh fuck
>rolls out from under me
>chin lands right onto the keys (key cover)
>bite my own tongue in half vertically
>go to hospital
>won't stop bleeding, needs stitches
>kick and punch the doctor, because dumb ass kid
>they board me down, similar to pic related
>get stitches all the way down my tongue, front to back

Where can I watch this movie?
Downloading where I am in Europe without a VPN could fuck me up.

You're the faggot nigger falling out of beds and shit